Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Thumbs down ACK! Just saw a weird 45 sec trailer for The Two Towers!!

Oh my goodness, I just came back from harry potter 2 and I'm so mad! Why you ask? Well...

1. Movie was not that good, of course it's probably b/c I've read the book enough times that I knew everything that was going to happen.

2. It is cold in chicago today, and the theater inside was almost as cold! It gave me a headache for the last hour.

3. Ate popeye's afterwards and not surprisingly, it gave me some.. well... errrr..... "indigestion..."

4. They played 6-7 stupid commercials before the trailers began, but luckily they played a bunch of trailers (including the full daredevil trailer)... but unfortunately...

5. WORST OF ALL, THEY PLAYED A WEIRD 45 SECOND TRAILER FOR THE TWO TOWERS!!! This "trailer" was really less than a minute, and the footage is all from the most recent trailer (the one that starts with the snow capped mountains and ends with elrond saying "he's not coming back" and aragorn pushing open the doors), but it was put together in the worst most haphazard way.

It started off with frodo and sam climbing down the mountain and then gandalf in moria and aragorn saying "this cannot be!" and then had bits and pieces of the trailer mixed up in a stupid dull fashion that . Whereas the full trailer was really awesome (my favorite trailer of the year, and actually my fav one since FOTR last year) and build up to the climactic end showing aragorn on his horse and elrond saying he won't return, this new one was so retarded I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant (*whew*), so did anyone else see this retarded 45 sec trailer for TTT?? I have a feeling AMC (the theater) did some editing and made it themselves or something, b/c there is no other logical reason why New Line would release a SHORTER version of their most recent trailer.

Ack..

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Credits
    <center></center>

Sorry Couldent resist. :butt:

Why are you so mad about the trailer? It's a trailer... You don't need to get mad about it. "Drive Happy Now!"

Credits
    Hey, that's the 2ND time you've used that planet of the apes get the newbie thing on me!! I deserved it I guess the first time, but c'mon, throw a dog a bone! Anyway, don't worry, I was exaggerating a bit you know, for dramatic effect.

Credits
    Hey, we post messages when we think trailers are cool, so what's the problem with posting messages when we think trailers are retarded?

Credits
    Exactly!

I just thought the weird 45 sec cut of the TTT trailer was pretty shoddy work, and strange since trailers usually get longer, not shorter, as the release date gets closer.

thx again for ripping the TTT 3 1/2 min preview from DVD, now THAT is a good trailer... :bday:

i also think pictures of marky mark should be banned from movie-list.
    Last edited by impetigo; 11-20-2002 at 06:56 PM.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    Hey, we post messages when we think trailers are cool, so what's the problem with posting messages when we think trailers are retarded?
    I only said something so i could post the newbie thing. But your not one anymore!

Credits
    that planet of the apes newbie pic is pretty hilarious i have to admit. prolly b/c i like to see marky mark running for his life. he just can't be forgiven for planet of the apes.. (the only bad tim burton movie imo.. well actually batman returns was pretty bad too)

Credits
    Originally posted by impetigo
    (the only bad tim burton movie imo.. well actually batman returns was pretty bad too)

x 1,000!!!!! Tim Burton made a bad movie? What the heck are you talking about!!!!

Tim "I've never made a bad movie before" Burton

--Dan

Credits
    I actually think Batman Returns is the BEST Batman. I just wish the Phantom Editor took out all the penguin sequences, Catwoman and Max Shrek were enough...

Credits
    robodan, you actually thought planet of the apes was good??? i did think it looked good, like all his movies do.

I actually think Batman Returns is the BEST Batman. I just wish the Phantom Editor took out all the penguin sequences, Catwoman and Max Shrek were enough...
    agree about the penguin, that was the downfall of the batman movies -- having mutliple villains. well, that and schumaker making batman into a comedy.

but there's hope.. darren aronofsky doing batman: year one... oh yeah!