Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Horror movie where the call comes from inside the theater

What's more terrifying than a call coming from inside the house? The call coming from inside the theater. That's the thought behind Last Call, an interactive horror film in which the main character calls a random audience member for help.

Even though they knew their efforts were useless, moviegoers have long tried to help the ill-fated protagonists of horror movies. "Run!" "Hide!" "Don't go down there!" In Last Call, a new German movie, the characters are finally willing to listen.

Audience members supply their cell numbers at the beginning of the screening and, at one point in the movie, one phone is selected to receive a call from the character on screen. Voice recognition software listens for the moviegoer's commands and the story unfolds based on their instructions. From the looks of things it seems like it's a "left" or "right," "stay" or "flee" type of thing, so your exhortations for the main character to take off her clothes will likely go unfulfilled.

13th Street, the company that developed the film, bills it as the "first interactive horror movie." It'll probably end up making things goofier than spookier, I imagine, but they're right about one thing: putting the character's fate in the audience's control is a scary prospect.
    all i can say is wow. sure, its a bit cheesy but the applications are awesome.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    That is very cool.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I personally love the concept, agreed only one audience member participates, but it's still a great gimmick.
    Only one problem, if the mobiles are on, would they not be ringing all the time from personal calls or text during the screening ?
    That would be rather annoying.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    don't most cinemas have cell phone blockers now? Soon as u enter through the door, the signal goes dead?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    don't most cinemas have cell phone blockers now? Soon as u enter through the door, the signal goes dead?
    not the ones that i know of. i know the one i used to work at didnt, and it was a pretty new theater. though it is a great idea to have. i have yet been to a movie where someone's phone didnt go off sometime during the show.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    I would love for those to be installed here. I don't think they are doing that in North America. As usual, the rest of the world is ahead of us.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    I personally love the concept, agreed only one audience member participates, but it's still a great gimmick.
    Only one problem, if the mobiles are on, would they not be ringing all the time from personal calls or text during the screening ?
    That would be rather annoying.
    I already heard about this (I don't even think this is the first interactive horror movie), this is not really new beside the use of cellphones.

I think in cinema this is too automatic, but in theatre this is more interesting, since the comedians and the public can have a better, more fluide interaction, because of the proximity.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile