Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain America

Credits

Captain America

It's been reported (though not confirmed by Marvel) that Captain America is going to be played by Chris Evans, of Fantastic Four fame (he played Johnny Storm).

I was just wondering what the general consensus on this was? Did anyone prefer the other competitors? I have to admit that I was kind of vying for John Krasinski, purely cs it would be great to see what he can do in a non-romcom capacity. But i guess he didn't really have the right look. shame.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 03-22-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Removed Link

Credits
    My reaction was basically "Huh?"
    not saying that he won't do a good job mind you
    but you can't be 2 people
    you can't be both Captain America and the Human Torch that's just a bit awkard
    imagine the team up there with Avengers and the Fantastic Four
    someone is bound to notice that Steve Rogers and Johnny Storm seem to be Identical twins...

Credits
    Well now it is official.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...n-america.html

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...ca-mantle.html

After nearly two years of speculation, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news on Monday that Chris Evans will be playing Marvel Comics' iconic hero Captain America in the big-screen adaptation.

The movie, titled "The First Avenger: Captain America," was announced in 2008 after Marvel Studio's first production, "Iron Man," became a box-office hit. The names of many actors -- from established stars to mostly unknowns -- have been rumored to be up for the role for months. Action movie veterans Channing Tatum ("G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra") and Garrett Hedlund (the upcoming "Tron Legacy") were reportedly considered, as were TV regulars Chace Crawford ("Gossip Girl") and Scott Porter ("Friday Night Lights"). Even wild-cards like "The Office" funnyman John Krasinski tested for the part.

Chris Evans was a late addition to the roster of potential leads, but he had already established himself as a comic-book hero by playing the Human Torch in the two "Fantastic Four" movies. This goes against director Joe Johnston's stated intention to use an unknown actor for the role. But Evans is an American, which was Johnston's other requirement (and left out foreigners like Australian "Avatar" star Sam Worthington).

Finding the right actor to play Captain America has been pivotal for Marvel Studios because they have grander plans for the character beyond the one film. According to Johnston, "The First Avenger" is an origin story set predominantly during the 1940s, when the red-white-and-blue suited hero first appeared in comics. But the movie will also set up "The Avengers" -- based on Marvel's long-running team series -- where Captain America will lead a group of superheroes that will include Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man.

While fans of the comics have expressed their doubts at some of the candidates for the role, response to Evans has been uniformly positive. His performance as Johnny Storm in "Fantastic Four" and "Rise of the Silver Surfer" were widely considered to be the best parts of those movies. It's been said that Evans will sign a nine-picture contract that could see him appear as Captain America in multiple films, both on his own and with the Avengers.

Production on "The First Avenger" will begin in the U.K. in June. Hugo Weaving ("The Matrix") is in talks to play Captain America's nemesis, the Red Skull. It is the third movie in Marvel Studio's pipeline, following "Iron Man 2," which is coming to theaters on May 7th of this year, and "Thor," currently filming for a May 2011 release. "Captain America" is scheduled to open on July 22, 2011.

In the meantime, Chris Evans has two films set to open this year, both of which also happen to be based on comic books. Next month, he'll play a Special Forces operative in the adaptation of Vertigo Comics' "The Losers." Then in August he will appear in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," based on the graphic novel series.

Credits
    Wow This is REALLY disappointing. Not that I don't like Chris Evans, cause I do. I really liked him in Push. However, He IS Johnny Storm and I think I'll have a hard time seeing him as Captain America. Also I think the original rumor of Leonardo DiCaprio playing Cap would have been better. He would have been GREAT in that role, I don't think that was even confirmed as a rumor though. I am now not looking forward to this movie..,.. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. ....

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Meh considering the fantastic 4 films sucked and they are thinking of re-making them ALREADY I say give him a go on Captain America.

Credits
    First official Costume pics are online.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

Credits
    http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/M.../news/?a=22719

If you haven't noticed yet, Marvel Studios invited many journalists to the highly secretive set of their much anticipated Captain America movie. One of those journalists, Quint from Ain't It Cool News, has included in his report of all the awesome things the studio is keeping him from posting, and that he witnessed a brutal battle between two of Marvel's most enduring opponents, being filmed.

"I went to Shepperton and watched Captain America get into a knock-down, drag-out surprisingly brutal fight with The Red Skull. I'll have an in-depth report on the visit in a few months, but all I can say is wait until you see the Red Skull make-up. Really great stuff, mostly practical with Hugo Weaving's nose painted black, to be removed in post... the rest is a 3 1/2 hours a day prosthetic appliance job."

Portrayed by Hugo Weaving, the film version of Marvel comics' most dangerous villain, Johann Schmidt, will be an ex SS officer who has his own branch of the German Army, HYDRA under his command. He's a scientist who is interested in developing armaments and also developing and harnessing the power of an unusual energy source which has spiritual connections; Cosmic cube.

And from Quint's statement, Red Skull will look fairly similar to the comics, which should be what producer Kevin Feige described as frightening-But incredible to see on the big-screen when Captain America: The First Avenger hits July 22, portrayed by rising star Chris Evans.

And supporting cast members include Tommy Lee Jones (Gen. Chester Philips), Sebastian Stan (Bucky), Stanley Tucci (Abraham Erskine), Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter), Toby Jones (Arnim Zola), Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark), Neal McDonough (Dum Dum Dugan), and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury).

Plus a couple of vids from the set.

Credits
    HYDRA + Cosmic cube = LuLz

oh this is going to be so great!

Credits

Capataian america

Wow thats going to be awesome.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    I haven't any idea what kind of movie is this so thanks for discussing about movie. i will check the source for the trailers and find out what this movie actually depicts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America

Captain America is a fictional character, a superhero that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941), from Marvel Comics' 1940s predecessor, Timely Comics,[1] and was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. Over the years, an estimated 210 million copies of "Captain America" comic books have been sold in a total of 75 countries.[2] For nearly all of the character's publication history Captain America was the alter ego of Steve Rogers, a sickly young man who was enhanced to the peak of human perfection by an experimental serum in order to aid the United States war effort. Captain America wears a costume that bears an American flag motif, and is armed with an indestructible shield that can be thrown as a weapon.[3]

An intentionally patriotic creation who was often depicted fighting the Axis powers of World War II, Captain America was Timely Comics' most popular character during the wartime period. After the war ended, the character's popularity waned and he disappeared by the 1950s aside from an ill-fated revival in 1953. Captain America was reintroduced during the Silver Age of comics when he was revived from suspended animation by the superhero team the Avengers in The Avengers #4 (March 1964). Since then, Captain America has often led the team, as well as starring in his own series. Steve Rogers was apparently killed in Captain America vol. 5, #25 (March 2007), although he was later revealed to be alive; in any case, the Captain America series continues publication[4] with Rogers' former sidekick, James "Bucky" Barnes, having taken up the mantle with Rogers insisting he continue in that capacity at least for now while Rogers operates as an intelligence agent in his own series, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier.

A film based on the character, Captain America: The First Avenger, has been confirmed for release in 2011. The role of Captain America will be played by Chris Evans.
    To read more...go to the link above.

j7wild Guest
    first official Press Stills

Credits
    black actors are not even considered one bit to take this role lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedemon View Post
    black actors are not even considered one bit to take this role lol
    So what? are you complaining about racism?
    would making Captain America a Black Guy make this movie any better?
    becasue I hate to tell you this but
    Captain America was, is and will always be a white guy
    I'm sorry if that upsets you or makes you feel left out in some way
    but that is just how it is. If you look at the origin story race didn't have anything
    to do with Steve Rogers being picked to enter the Super Solder Program
    True there was a black Captain America (http://marvel.com/universe/Bradley,_Isaiah) at one point but this movie isn't about him its about The Captain America who is a white guy.

Credits
    Poster

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Web_Slinger View Post
    My reaction was basically "Huh?"
    not saying that he won't do a good job mind you
    but you can't be 2 people
    you can't be both Captain America and the Human Torch that's just a bit awkard
    imagine the team up there with Avengers and the Fantastic Four
    someone is bound to notice that Steve Rogers and Johnny Storm seem to be Identical twins...
    There is apparently a Fantastic Four remake in the works so there will be a new Human Torch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast