Thanks Thanks:  2
    Credits

Tomorrow when the War Began (2010)

************ Click Poster for Larger Size ************

Cast:

Rachel Hurd-Wood, Phoebe Tonkin, Caitlin Stasey, Lincoln Lewis, Masa Yamaguchi, Matthew Dale, Deniz Akdeniz, Chris Pang, Ahleigh Cummings, Andy Minh Trieu, Andrew Ryan, Andrew Liam Pringle, Julia Yon.

The Film

Based on John Marsden’s popular and critically- acclaimed novel which has sold over 628, 863 copies in Australia alone, THE AGE refers to the series of books as “The best series for Australian teens of all time”
    TOMORROW WHEN THE WAR BEGAN’ follows the journey of eight high school friends in a remote country town whose lives are suddenly and violently upended by a war that no-one saw coming. Cut off from their families and their friends, these eight extraordinary teenagers must somehow learn to escape, survive and fight back.

Links

Tomorrow when the War Began

Trailer(s) Facebook & YouTube Encodes

Click KEEPVID Logo to Download Video

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30487_425482110750_371782235750_5794038_2833906_n.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	7272  
    Last edited by jacques1400; 01-10-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added Poster Art

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Question

is this movie ever coming out in the U.S.A.?

128 Press Stills:

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2uy6...0pfe0hys54iz6/

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

That's what IMDB is for.....
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1456941/releaseinfo

Credits
    I don't know where IMDb got that info, but it hasn't even got a distributor in the U.S. as yet. They got it right for the Australian release date though - it was 2nd September. Also it's coming out on DVD here in Australia on 30th December. You can pre-order it online, and they do have international shipping, only thing is the DVD is region code 4 so will only play on region 4 DVD players (Region 4 - Australia, New Zealand, Oceania, Central and South America, Caribbean, Mexico) unless you've got a region free DVD player. That's the only way you'll get to see it for the foreseeable future. Can't work out why the US hasn't picked this up yet - other countries have. Here's the Australian facebook fan page if you want to find out more about the movie or DVD:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116832081717966

Credits
    Another site you may be interested in that tells you where you can order the DVD if you're going that route in order to watch it and has other info about the movie and cast: http://www.tomorrowwhenthewarbegandvd.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Looks like this movie's finally being released in the states in the coming weeks.

Credits
    just saw the trailer for it. never heard of this movie before. first impression: looks good but a rip-off from red dawn.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bendermac View Post
    just saw the trailer for it. never heard of this movie before. first impression: looks good but a rip-off from red dawn.
    Tomorrow, When the War Began is probably one of the most loved Australian books. Most Aussies read it in school, it has a number of those moral and ethical themes that schools love you to discuss and write essay's about. The novel was released in 1993.

I can't speak to what inspired John Marsden (Red Dawn may have been his inspiration), but he did write a novel that was in strong contrast to Red Dawn. Most of the elements that make up Red Dawn are not present in Tomorrow (aside from the invasion theme).

Where Red Dawn is more of a macho American style fight back movie, Tomorrow is more about how everyone's lives are destroyed and the moral implications of being forced to kill to survivie.

I personally love the 1984 Red Dawn, but I think Tomorrow is a better story. I haven't seen the new Red Dawn, but from reports it's pretty bad.

It should also be noted that the new Red Dawn was conceived as a movie after Tomorrow was announced. I'd imagine some American producer saying "Oh Invasion movies are back hey, well lets remake the best one we've got" ...

For reference, it's popular for people to say that Tomorrow is Red Dawn for teen girls. I don't agree, but that's not uncommon to hear.