Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Resident Evil - Afterlife

[B]

Cast:

Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, Kim Coates, Shawn Roberts, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Spencer Locke, Boris Kodjoe, Wentworth Miller.

The Film

The fourth installment of the hugely successful "Resident Evil" franchise, "Resident Evil: Afterlife" is again based on the wildly popular video game series, and will this time be presented in 3-D.
    In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice (Milla Jovovich), continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead - and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

Links

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Trailer(s) AOL/Moviefone HD Encode

QT Domestic Teaser HD 480p (36.3Mb)
    QT Domestic Teaser HD 720p (65.1Mb)
    QT Domestic Teaser HD 1080p (98.7Mb)

Last edited by jacques1400; 03-08-2014 at 01:02 AM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I can already see there is too much 3D "stuff flying at you" shots

The black galsses shot... awful.

Too many 3D gimmicks. But the music is great

Credits

Wink Better-Quality Trailer — Sony’s Encode

Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer
    QuickTime (.mp4 files): 480×270 | 800×448

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    naaah...

I like it. Whole franchise.

Credits
    I love the whole franchise as well, and this trailer looks great, but I do have to agree that there's definitely too much in your face $hit happening. I hope that this 3D crap phases out soon otherwise like in the trailer "Hollywood will Burn".
    Actually maybe the bunch of freaks chasing on the rooftop are probably moviegoers chasing Cameron for this new trend.

Credits
    Ah well at least they are using proper 3D and not some crappy conversion version.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    Ah well at least they are using proper 3D and not some crappy conversion version.
    I'm not sure it's better... Now when you see this in 2D, you'll think "oh, this is obviously just made for 3D to have crap flying at me." Kind of like the roller coaster scene in Despicable Me or the entire trailer for Shrek Forever After (yes, I keep using that one as an example... but it's sooo obvious!!!)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonMG View Post
    I'm not sure it's better... Now when you see this in 2D, you'll think "oh, this is obviously just made for 3D to have crap flying at me." Kind of like the roller coaster scene in Despicable Me or the entire trailer for Shrek Forever After (yes, I keep using that one as an example... but it's sooo obvious!!!)
    There is a difference between using the proper hardware to create 3D and directing a film to cater specifically to 3D and to over-use it. Avatar and Up are great examples of how to do 3D properly, don't over-use the throwing things at the camera technique that some directors seem like they have to do when using 3D.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    There is a difference between using the proper hardware to create 3D and directing a film to cater specifically to 3D and to over-use it. Avatar and Up are great examples of how to do 3D properly, don't over-use the throwing things at the camera technique that some directors seem like they have to do when using 3D.
    Right, but my point was that it's not only the hardware, it's also the filmmakers.

Credits
    I think the point that is trying to be made here, is that for one the "Cameron" 3D experience was developped to enhance the visuals (Avatar), but not by trying to "shock" the audience with useless in your face shots that add absolutely nothing to the story. Because of this 3D phenomena, some filmmakers and directors are probably cutting out relevant parts of the story to add these useless shots thinking that it is the thing to do, instead of using the technology as it was meant to be.
    Whichever way you look at it, everyone is trying to outdo the other, which is now turning into a game of "Pimp my Movie".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    I think the point that is trying to be made here, is that for one the "Cameron" 3D experience was developped to enhance the visuals (Avatar), but not by trying to "shock" the audience with useless in your face shots that add absolutely nothing to the story.
    The difference between what Cameron's is doing is that he wants the viewer to be immersed in the film. This is why Avatar was so successful despite its simple storyline. Most other filmmakers just want stuff flying at the viewer.

Cameron completely understands 3D. Most other filmmakers don't. Hopefully Spielberg has the same mind as Cameron when thinking about 3D with his Tintin film.

Credits
    Hmm..I think I'd still prefer if the whole franchise actually followed the game :\ Especially Resident Evil 1-3 games...

Credits

Cool New!!!!!

IGN Encode Encode of the Domestic Trailer Including HD

QT Domestic Trailer 640x360 (61.7Mb)
    WMV Domestic Trailer 640x360 (35.7Mb)
    WMV Domestic Trailer HD 1280x720 (96.1Mb)
    FLV Domestic Trailer 640X360 (40.9Mb)

Credits
    "Change the scheme! Alter the mood! ELECTRIFY the boys and girls, if you'd be so kind!"
    On December 17, 2010, The Game Has Changed!
    http://movies.yahoo.com/TRONLegacyRevealed

Credits

Nothing New - Apple Encode

Apple has posted their encode of both the domestic Teaser and Trailer (labeled Trailer #2) HERE, including HD.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 07-07-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Corrected Post Description

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast