Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cool The next generation "A-List" movie stars

I was thinking the other day about the young up an coming movie stars, and the crop of seriously aging big name "A-List stars". Who do you think out there can eventually replace these A-List stars like Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks, and Denzel Washington?

The A-List refers to stars who can make or break the production of movies simply by agreeing to do it. They command salaries of miliions of dollars. People will see movies simply to see these stars in them. Think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt as great examples.

The rule for your choices is that they must be below the age of 40.

A couple of my choices:

Women -

Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Pirate of the Carribean 1) - Great acting and an appealing look

Dakota Fanning (War of the Worlds, The Runaways) - Diverse range, movies are starting to get built around her

Mila Kunis (Book of Eli, Black Swan) - Some diverse performances of late combined with the TV experience and comedic abilities

Ellen Page (Inception, Juno) - Lots of genre crossing films, and a look similar to the appeal of Drew Barrymore at that age

Male -

James McAvoy (X-Men First Class, Chronicles of Narnia) - A softer leading man, powerful small performance as Mr Tumnus in Narnia.

Channing Tatum (GI Joe, Step Up) - The most likely to become the sympathetic action star in the vein of Vin Diesel. Also a nice dancer!

Bradley Cooper (The A-Team, The Hangover) - Great Looks coupled with good comedic timing, and action film skills

Leonardo DiCaprio (Inception, Titanic) - Who knew that the young boy with sappy roles would grow to be so diverse? Likely already A-List after the strength of Inception

Other Stars to Note:

Michael Peña (World Trade Center, Battle:Los Angeles, Crash) - His most recent films point to a desire for small diverse roles. Perhaps a likely candidate to replace the working man's actor Philip Seymour Hoffman
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest
    I would say Leo is an A-List already!!

I want to add Rooney Mara to that A-List.

She was excellent in The Social Network, albeit a small role and she will gain international fame once the Dragon Tattoo Girl trilogy film comes out this Christmas!!

Credits
    I'd definitely add Amanda Seyfried to the list

Credits
    Tom Hardy (Even if he played in one of the worst Star Trek movie. I can't wait for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy! Beside Batman, he will also play in the next Mad Max movie...)

Kelly Reilly (I hope she will found something better than Sherlock Holmes in the future...)
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

j7wild Guest
    Noomi Rapace!!