Thanks Thanks:  4
    Credits

The OFFICIAL Star Wars Saga 3D Re-Release Thread

From this moment forward, any trailers for the forthcoming Star Wars 3D re-releases go in this thread. To kick things off, here's the new trailer for the Episode I 3D re-release, courtesty of TheForce.net on Vimeo!

UPDATE: Vimeo link's dead, and I had to take the Youtube video down because I got a strike on my account there for posting the friggen' thing in the first place. Damnit. Fortunately, I still have the file, if anyone wants to upload it somewhere where they won't get penalized for it!
    Last edited by jacques1400; 10-24-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    "Change the scheme! Alter the mood! ELECTRIFY the boys and girls, if you'd be so kind!"
    On December 17, 2010, The Game Has Changed!
    http://movies.yahoo.com/TRONLegacyRevealed

Credits
    Man I hate 3D... And the geek inside just has to ask, what is with the sound format logos at the bottom of the credits page? If it's in digital 3D, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS and THX don't even apply. And the picture looked super washed out for some reason. Maybe I'm crazy...

Is there a quicktime hd encode of this anywhere?

j7wild Guest

Angry

if the movie was not originally filmed with 3D cameras, it's not in 3D!!

this is up-conversion, just like what they did with Clash of the Titans which looked like CRAP!!

Credits
    I think they spent a little more time on this than they did with Clash of the Titans (which was a crap movie anyway)... And same with Titanic which will be coming out in 2012 too...

Either way, 3D doesn't do anything for me. I saw Transformers 3 in 3D and thought "well this looks nice" and then I saw it at home and completely forgot it was in 3D in theaters. There was some gimmick stuff (an entire scene that should've been cut out with Sam swinging from a cable attached to a Decepticon's eye) but that was about it.

Credits
    what with the colors? looks like a huge shift towards the green channel.

3d or not, the movie is still crap... not the biggest crap i've seen but still crap. lucas should re-edit the movie and remove jar jar or at least tone down most of his stupidty. more darth maul. the fight between qui-gon, obi-wan and darth maul was the best scene in the entire movie. i really like this fight. though, the ending of the fight was kinda lame. as if maul would fall for such a cheap move.

anyway... i wont go and see it nor will i see the original trilogy 3d crap. too many changes that make no sense. the blu-ray is an even bigger punch in the face of the fans then the 1997 s.e. was. the only good changes where done in episode 1 -> fixing of cgi problems, more picture information. episode 3 on blu-ray is now the original theatrical version

Credits
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the odd color. Not sure if it was whoever encoded it, or if it's the source material.

And yeah, Jar Jar needs to be cut out. We watched Episode III on Friday night (slowly been making it through the films on blu-ray) and it's the best of the prequels but man... These films are just terrible! The first one is a mess beyond belief, the second one is so bad it's hilarious, but the third one is the closest to being a solid movie. But the perfect example of what I find wrong with these prequels? The Tarzan yell when one of the wookie's is swinging down. That sort of childish humor ruins it for me. And that's exactly why I HATE Jar Jar.

Unfortunately the blu-rays do reveal some serious issues. Even in the third one the backgrounds looked sooo fake. And I saw some pretty heavy artifacting at one point which surprised me. For being the big HD, THX mastered, be all presentation Lucas was shooting for, there are some serious issues. And the presentation is far from perfect. But that's just judging from the prequels. We'll start watching the originals in a few weeks.

j7wild Guest
    I find it utterly hilarious that Lucas is going to begin these 3D Star Wars films with the most unpopular of the series.

He could have just did the original first and have enough dough to indulge on the rest of the series, but no because that's not the first film in the series according to Mr. Lucas.

oh yeah... I can wait to see Jar Jar Binks in 3D!!

"Count mesa outta dis one! Better dead here, den dead in da core.… Yee guds, whata mesa sayin?!"

Credits
    The colors look weird

Credits

3D or not, it's just a scam to keep the piggy bank full, I saw the Originals at the theater, and that's all that matters. The rest, they can stuff it in their Dark Side!!!!

From this moment forward, any trailers for the forthcoming Star Wars 3D re-releases go in this thread. To kick things off, here's the new trailer for the Episode I 3D re-release, courtesy of TheForce.net on Vimeo!
    As for the above statement, and as with all threads, it's only valid if your links hold up. Starting threads with non-official sources (And no mirrors to boot), is very risky and more often than none fatal.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Movies that are all CGI or super heavy with CGI look pretty good or look great in 3D. The best of the bunch are Avatar, A Christmas Carol, and How to Train your Dragon. With the type of technology that Lucas has access to and considering this movie is CGI heavy....it could actually look pretty good to possibly great. But nothing Lucas does can fix the terrible story and laughable screenplay. Not to mention the acting that was cringe-worthy at times. I haven't decided if I wanted to watch it yet. I probably won't decide until near the release date.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    I'll wait for 4D. The 4th D being time.

This would give me the ability to send a Terminator back in time to assassinate George Lucas just before the end of The Empire Strikes (when he quite the Directors Guild of America) and was forced to use Richard Marquand instead of Steven Spielberg as the director of Return of The Jedi.

Steven Spielberg and Lawrence Kasdan would then right an awesome script based on George Lucas's original idea for Return of the Jedi (which had Wookies instead of Ewoks in it) and Spielberg would direct it.

Spielberg and Kasden would then become the foster parents of the Star Wars universe and George Lucas would be heralded as a film maker that was cut down before his prime (but only I would know the truth).

George Lucas can't live forever? Can He?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    Movies that are all CGI or super heavy with CGI look pretty good or look great in 3D. The best of the bunch are Avatar, A Christmas Carol, and How to Train your Dragon.
    there is a hole in your thinking...

a christmas carol and how to train a dragon are pure cgi films and easy to release in 3d. besides both are created with 3d in mind.

the star wars films or any other non true 3d film is just a gimmik. some of them tend to look worse then the original 2d version. as long this is just a gimmik, i don't really care and what i've seen so far most are exactly that... except avatar, though it's not a great film either