Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Is there an actual Trailer?

i wondered if tere is a real trailer for the movie because i only seen the teaser for it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bendermac View Post
    i wondered if tere is a real trailer for the movie because i only seen the teaser for it.

It all depends on what your definition of "Teaser" is.
    A "Teaser" is actually short for "Teaser Trailer", which is the constant debate I have regarding comments in the forum.
    This said, the term "Teaser" has been dropped by studios for the most part, all releases are now "Trailers".
    You have Previews, Trailer Tease's (Basically a preview of the trailer), First Looks and countdowns (i.e. Prometheus), all the rest are Trailers or TV Spots, leaving Virals aside.
    If you define Teasers by length, then that does not apply either, studios commonly release subsequent Trailers with a shorter time than the initial release, and in some cases the Final trailer as a 1 minute spot.

This said, the only Official Trailer I am aware of for Nightmare 3, is the one where the hand comes out of the dollhouse, and that's not a Teaser.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    my definition of a teaser is what this 'trailer' for elm street 3 shows. it simply teases the viewer for an upcoming film without showing anything of the actual movie. another good example for teasers are the terminator 2 teaser of the t-800 assembling or the resident evil 2: apocalypse make-up ad.

Credits

It's not that I disagree with your point of view, but the Studios are the ones making the calls. Take the Flash Trailer for the Exorcist, or even the Trailer for Last Tango in Paris. In your scenario, these would be Teasers, but they are indeed called Trailers.

Like I said, the debate is endless, I just stick to Studio naming convention, in Nightmare 3's case, the DVD states "Trailer", that's good enough for me.

Credits
    studios are kinda stupid ... i mean, we get trailers for trailers o_O

anyway, maybe there is no "real" trailer for nightmare 3