Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

17 films fight for Feature Animation Oscar

I found this interesting. I rember watching this years and the animation I wanted to win dident.

Source: <a href="http://www.countingdown.com/movies/oscars/movieinfo/story?item_id=2717299">CountingDown.com</a>

Beverly Hills, CA - Seventeen films will compete for the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar in the 2002 Academy Awards® competition.

The Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted last night (12/10) to activate the category for the 75th Academy Award Presentations.

The 17 films were accepted as eligible to compete by the executive committee of the Short Films and Feature Animation branch of the Academy, which recommended to the board of governors that the Award be given for this year.

The films are:

<i>"Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights"
    "Alibaba & the Forty Thieves"
    "Eden"
    "El bosque animado (The Living Forest)"
    "Hey Arnold! The Movie"
    "Ice Age"
    "Jonah - A VeggieTales Movie"
    "Lilo & Stitch"
    "Mutant Aliens"
    "The Powerpuff Girls Movie"
    "The Princess and the Pea"
    "Return to Never Land"
    "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron"
    "Spirited Away"
    "Stuart Little 2"
    "Treasure Planet"</i>

"The Wild Thornberrys Movie"The eligibility of two of the films, "Eden" and "The Wild Thornberrys Movie," is subject to their opening in Los Angeles prior to December 31. "Eden" is scheduled to open December 13 and "The Wild Thornberrys Movie," December 20.
    Under the rules for the category, a maximum of five films could be nominated.

The Best Animated Feature category was created in September, 2000, and first presented last March.

Films submitted in the Best Animated Feature category also may qualify for Academy Awards in other areas, including Best Picture, provided they meet the rules criteria governing those categories.

Credits
    I'm for Ice Age!!!:yum:
    Sometimes a wind blows
    and the mysteries of Love
    come clear. -David Lynch

my top 20 movies

Credits
    "Spirited Away"
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    lilo & stitch. i'm not a big disney fan but they really did something they have not since lion king. and even better is that it was original and not a stolen idea from someone else.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    As it stands right now I'd vote for Treasure Planet. That may or may not change after I've rented Spirit this weekend.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    "Spirited Away"
    Easily.
    At the center of the world there is a statue of a girl. She is standing near a well with a bucket bare and dry. I went and looked her in the eyes and she turned me into sand. This clumsy form that I despise scattered easy in her hands. And it came to rest upon a beach, with a million others there. We sat and waited for the sea to stretch out so that we could disappear into the endlessness of blue, into the horror of the truth. We are far less than we knew.

Yes, we are far less than we knew.

Credits
    Sadly I haven't yet seen any movie in that list but Spirited Away is easily the one I want to see most.

Credits
    Originally posted by red bear
    lilo & stitch. i'm not a big disney fan but they really did something they have not since lion king. and even better is that it was original and not a stolen idea from someone else.
    I don't understand why people liked this movie.
    It was incredibly dull.
    It dosen't help matters much that I hate Elvis... but I didn't like any of the characters (including Stitch) and was bored to tears.

Credits
    Spirited Away by a looooooooong shot.

If it doesn't win and the award goes to "Ice Age", (which won't be impossible) it'll be all because of bureaucratic policy-games. Oscars these years are pretty much just f***-up policy games anyway! Look at all the Best Movies of the past 5 Years (or since "Titanic"). Which one truly deserves it!? None!

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I go for Ice Age too...I saw it at the theater and rent it last week.... soooooo funny!!! :big grin: ... but Shrek is still the best animation movie ever!!!!
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect

Credits
    Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    I don't understand why people liked this movie.
    It was incredibly dull.
    It dosen't help matters much that I hate Elvis... but I didn't like any of the characters (including Stitch) and was bored to tears.
    And it has absolutely nothing to do with Hawaii.

IF ANY OF YOU PEOPLE THINK WE LIVE THAT... YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

I felt it was almsot a discrace to Hawaii.

Credits
    Anyone have an idea on how to get "El bosque animado (The Living Forest)" ??
    I would love to see that Spanisch movie!

Credits
    R all those movies children crap?

Why can't the Oscars go intelligent towards anime. Untapped fame & fortune!!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Can someone tell me why Stuart Little 2 is eligible? I didn't see it, but from my understanding, it's mostly live-action with one or two computer-generated characters, one being the main character of course. There must be more to it, otherwise I would think with that reasoning movies like Episode II would be eligible (more so, actually.)
    "Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!"

Credits
    R all those movies children crap?
    Why can't the Oscars go intelligent towards anime. Untapped fame & fortune!!
    Because Childrens crap is 99% of what kind of animated stuff gets released in North America. I remember reading an article that mentioned something about the comic code. (censorship of comics in North America led to cartoons?)

Anyway Japan never had a comics code so they have all sorts of crazy stuff over there. Sad story really. We need more cool stuff.

Originally posted by Movie Wizard
    And it has absolutely nothing to do with Hawaii.

IF ANY OF YOU PEOPLE THINK WE LIVE THAT... YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

I felt it was almsot a discrace to Hawaii.
    And do some research about Canada while your at it!!

Probably the two places in the world most mis-represented in film and TV. Maybe. I really don't know.

I mean really....we don't live in igloos or anything. Infact there has hardly been any SNOW here this year and we don't say EH all the time. Well, maybe we do but we don't notice it and it's not a big deal...grumble grumble grumble...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast