Thanks Thanks:  1
    j7wild Guest

Question Lethal Weapon Plot Hole?!?

When Murtaugh and Riggs went to meet Joshua and his band of mercenaries in the Dry Lake,

how did Riggs knows where to take a sniper over watch position?

and

how did Joshua's man knew where to find Riggs that quickly to stop him from shooting?

Credits
    Magic....

I think they knew where they were meeting so Riggs, who was a Special Forces sniper, could easily find a spot to fire from. The general who found him was also SF and was probably doing a sweep in case Murtaugh didn't come alone.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    that's a big sweep considering how huge the area is and the person who found Riggs wasn't using a Helicopter (I only saw one helicopter and it landed).

Riggs and the person who found him walked toward the rendezvous point which is further evidence they didn't use a Helicopter to do the sweep.

also at the end, another question:

Murtaugh and Riggs knew Joshua was headed to Murtaugh's home;

they even left a note in the house for Joshua that read "No One Home, Just Us Cops!!"

Which means they got there before Joshua;

so why did they let Joshua shoot and kill those 2 uniformed Police Officers?!?

That made no sense!!

j7wild Guest
    In 26 years, I've watched Lethal Weapon many many times and I never knew these 2 (cut) scenes existed until I read about them today on IMDB: