Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cool Romeo Must Die Trailer...

Hey guys,

Got the latest one up!!! It's for Jet Li's Romeo Must Die.
    Here is the direct link:

Romeo Must Die -- Quicktime -- 10 Megs

-----------------------
    (Excerpt from my site)

I had always loved and admired Jet Li. I think he is by far one of the greatest Martial Artists & performers of all time. So, I was VERY excited when I heard that he was going to migrate to America, and start doing films here.

Even though Romeo Must Die isn't exactly up to par with Li's amazing resume, it still provides for excellent entertainment. So, I wanted to create this little tribute to him, as well as an homage to one of my favorite trailers. (Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story).

I tried to create the same feel and impact that Dragon's trailer had, but update a few things here and there. I wanted this trailer to have a sort of "Big Motion Picture" feel to it. That NO ONE should miss this movie! I hope that my idea has translated well onto the screen.

-------------------------

Not exactly my best trailer to date (I didn't have the same feeling wrapping it up, as I did when I first started it), but to Jet Li fans...this should do well! What do you think guys?
    --Dan

Credits

Cool

Nice Work !
    BTW, did you color the WB logo, or was it like that in the original trailer ?

Credits
    Thanks Tony...

Yes, I colored in that WB Logo. It's not hard at all. (Just some filter magic ). I just love messing around with Studio logos. I think the best one I did so far was for a trailer I never even released (For Falling Down). I'm going to re-work that trailer in the next few updates though.

It was great. It started out with a regular Blue Cloud WB logo...then with a violent whistle sounding off in the back, the logo turns bright, bloody red. It just worked so well.

--Dan

Credits
    HOLY ****.... AWESOME

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Hehe....I guess that means Tisoy likes it!

--Dan

Credits
    Hey Dan. Do you do requests?
    I'd love to see some trailers of the Once Upon A Time In China films done by you.
    You have more talent than a lot of the hollywood studio's.

Credits
    Originally posted by moviebuff
    Hey Dan. Do you do requests?
    I'd love to see some trailers of the Once Upon A Time In China films done by you.
    You have more talent than a lot of the hollywood studio's.
    Hehe, why thanks man! Actually...Romeo Must Die was a request by fellow fans of mine. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, so I asked them what they would like to see.

Right now, I have some ideas for several projects...but I always like to work on trailers that people want to see! Currently, I only edit trailers based on DVD's that I own, or can borrow from friends (I don't rent anymore). Here is a list of what I currently have:

RoboDan's DVD List

I'd love to work on Once Upon a Time in China, but I don't have that title at the moment. I have already decided what I'm going to work on next...but if you keep nudging me, I just might get something else done next!
    --Dan

(Edit -- I'm going away for the weekend right now, so if you want to leave me a message, just PM or E-mail me! Thanks --Dan)
    Last edited by RoboDan; 01-03-2003 at 07:39 PM.

Credits
    I'd like to see a re-edit of Enigma and Gattaca - two great movies with terrible trailers.

Office Space could use a re-do as well

Credits
    Well...the reason those trailers were hard to edit was because the films were so complex...Remember, you can make the same movie look like 30 different ones...depending on the editing of the trailer.

For a cool fan-edit (not really trailer), of Office Space, check out this link here!
    Office Space (Fan-Edit)

Credits