Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Harry Potter 3 info

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...7370377,61867,
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...tter-cov_x.htm

for all the HP fans out there

The third installment will usher in several new challenges for the series:

Replacing a key character. Septuagenarian Richard Harris, who played Hogwarts' wise headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, died just weeks ago. (A stand-in is said to have taken his place on days he was too sick to work.) A rumored front-runner to take over the role is said to be Christopher Lee, most recently seen in Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones and a villain in the upcoming The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. But matching Harris' spirit will be difficult.
    "The kids were very shocked at his death," Branagh says. "They loved him. The line between fiction and reality was rather blurred in their relationship. When they were around him on set, he was like a compassionate, wise old uncle. They all felt really safe around him. He had a kindly presence."

Bringing on a new director. Alfonso Cuarón (A Little Princess, Y Tu Mamá También) takes over, though Columbus will be on set daily as producer. The kids will be 14, and producer David Heyman has said Cuaron's ability to direct teenagers as exhibited in Tu Mamá shows "that he knows what the intense time is like." But Columbus has been fiercely protective of the children, believing that kids still need to be kids.

Spreading release dates. The third movie is scheduled for summer 2004 instead of next November. Columbus says more time is needed to accommodate the complex story and acquaint Cuarón with the material. That shift could harm the momentum gained by opening Stone and Secrets just a year apart and at the start of the popular holiday filmgoing season. And the dark, magical world seems less suited to summer, when lighter fare dominates.

Waiting for the book. Secrets hits theaters more than two years since the last Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, reached bookstores. The existing Potter quartet (though still on best-seller lists) has had some heavyweight competition from books such as Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, also being made into a movie and possibly spurring its own franchise. Rowling's long-awaited fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is scheduled for publication next year. It reportedly is even longer than Goblet of Fire, which was a weighty 742 pages. Rowling recently said she is just weeks away from finishing, but there are those who believe she might never write the last two.

Passing of time. The young stars could outgrow their roles by the fourth movie. "Temperamentally, I think they would continue," Branagh says. "But time may catch up. Maybe they'll just get too big or their physical growth will outstrip the characters."
    In the meantime, the kids are clearly still enjoying, even marveling over, their stardom.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Septuagenarian... whoa! big word

Supercalifragilisticexpidalidocious... still bigger *phew*

Personally, I'm not for the third movie. Changing director and Harris... don't like the sound of that. C.Lee is a fantastic actor, but not a lovely kids movie star...
    I hope he doesn't do it.

Credits
    Alfonso Cuaron will be AWESOME for harry potter 3 (the prisoner of azkaban), which is my fav of the four books so far. he did a great job with the little princess, and unlike chris columbus, he won't let the cgi and special effects get in the way of bringing the characters to life and actually making a movie that isn't just a celluloid carbon copy of the book it's based on. but to make the movies any good, they really need to recast harry potter, hermione, and snape at the very least. my nominee is rory culkin (from signs) for potter. that would be.. GREAT!

Credits

Talking

New Development:

Gary Oldman is in talks to join the cast of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban sequel film for director Alfonso Cuaron and Warner Brothers, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The third installment in the studio's hit franchise, based on author J.K. Rowling's book series, will begin production Feb. 17, the trade paper reported.

Oldman would play the wizard Sirius Black, the escaped prisoner of Azkaban, who is later revealed to be Harry Potter's godfather, the trade paper reported. Adapted by Steven Kloves, Azkaban is being produced by Chris Columbus, David Heyman and Mark Radcliffe. Michael Barnathan and Callum McDougall are executive producing.
    Source: www.scifi.com/scifiwire
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    did Ian McKellen recently sign on to do Dumbledore ...??
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Originally posted by drunkenGuru

Changing director and Harris... don't like the sound of that. C.Lee is a fantastic actor, but not a lovely kids movie star...
    I hope he doesn't do it.
    I agree with you. And I think he's not physically like people imagine Dumbledore.... I would rather see.... Theoden... heee... Bernard Hill... really think he would be better
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect

Credits
    New Development: Michael Gambon in talks to play Dumbledore

Source: Scifiwire - Accessed Jan. 14, 2002

Notwithstanding statements by Warner Brothers that no decision has been made, Entertainment Weekly reported that British actor Michael Gambon would play Dumbledore in Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. Gambon's agent told the magazine, "They've offered, and he wants to do it."
    IMDB for Mr. Gambon (edited to "recognizable" movies):

Charlotte Gray (2001) .... Levade

Gosford Park (2001) .... Sir William McCordle

Sleepy Hollow (1999) .... Baltus Van Tassel

Insider, The (1999) .... Thomas Sandefur, CEO Brown & Williamson

Mary Reilly (1996) .... Mary's Father

Toys (1992) .... Lieutenant General Leland Zevo

Othello (1965) .... Company