Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Star Wars - Episode VII - The Force Awakens Conversion in General

Hey arthurm, i was wondering why you cut the ratings card out from the beginning of most your trailers or is that how they come? I always thought it was better to have a silence and or no moving video before a trailer. Then a media player won't cut a small part out like xbmc does.

Thanks for the trailer uploads though.

Credits

@DoomBot

If you are talking about the MPAA Card, it stands for "Motion Picture Association of America", so International trailers, including Canada, won't have one (International Ratings vary Greatly per country Anyway).
    Point of note, The inclusion of the MPAA Card for US trailers is strictly voluntary anyway, there is no law stating one must be included. Most Studios abide since it does give viewers an indication as to content.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    You will be surprised that arthurm doesn't cut anything, but antovolk adds MPAA cards
    Last edited by alexxdls; 04-23-2015 at 03:40 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by alexxdls View Post
    You will be surprised that arthurm doesn't cut anything, but antovolk adds MPAA cards
    Yeah lol

I always edit to match the domestic versions - from the green band at the start to, for instance, Experience in IMAX 3D at the end - the international version only has Experience in 3D.

Credits
    I guess i'm so used to rating cards that it feels right to me but even a black blank pause is always better before a trailer then just having the trailer start right away.
    I didn't know that about International trailers, makes sense though. Oh and they do call them rating cards or MPAA rating cards at least here in the US.

Credits
    Thanks for including the AC3!

Credits
    I think when it comes to the second teaser I prefer arthurm's video. I wanted to mention that I noticed the PCM track is about 150-160ms too early. The AC3 track does not have this problem and is synced similar antovolk's and the QT encode. I first noticed it when Han speaks at the end. It's also apparent when "December" appears at the end a little late after the music beat. I know sensitivies to A/V sync vary but I thought I would post my findings in case anyone else noticed the same thing and wanted to use my numbers to remux themselves.

Credits
    Well, Antovolk has recently stated that he does edits.
    Custom edits between various sources.
    This would explain for the discrepancy you experience.

His work is also coverted from 24fps to 23.976 ("NTSC_FILM") frame rates.
    No idea how his software really handles this conversion.
    All software and methods work differently for this type of conversion.
    With Avisynth alone there are multiple versions that each give drastica differences.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sparktank View Post
    Well, Antovolk has recently stated that he does edits.
    Custom edits between various sources.
    This would explain for the discrepancy you experience.

His work is also coverted from 24fps to 23.976 ("NTSC_FILM") frame rates.
    No idea how his software really handles this conversion.
    All software and methods work differently for this type of conversion.
    With Avisynth alone there are multiple versions that each give drastica differences.
    The discrepancy is with the PCM track on arthurm's encode, for some odd reason.

On my edits I make sure that the audio slowed down accordingly to match 23.976 and sync it to the official stereo encodes. I convert from 24 to 23.976 by re-interpreting the footage in Adobe Premiere.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by antovolk View Post
    The discrepancy is with the PCM track on arthurm's encode, for some odd reason.

On my edits I make sure that the audio slowed down accordingly to match 23.976 and sync it to the official stereo encodes. I convert from 24 to 23.976 by re-interpreting the footage in Adobe Premiere.
    Yep, no issues with the audio on yours!

Credits
    Added Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens (2015) Trailer 2 3D 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1 here http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...926#post232926

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugal2 View Post
    Added Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens (2015) Trailer 2 3D 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1 here http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...926#post232926
    I think there seems to be a problem with the right eye stream. Very heavy juddering and artefacting. Not sure if it's a problem with DVDFab....

Credits
    I think it's a problem with DVDfab

Video looks fine in Stereoscopic player.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GF2AeeK.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	20082  

Credits
    I use MakeMKV to pull the MVC stream from the ISO and store it in an MKV for playback using Stereoscopic Player. This does not re-encode the video. Stereoscopic Player can play the file in 2D so I set it to the right eye only. Although I could not find the exact frame from your screenshot (it would not let me step frame by frame) I did locate this corruption in the same scene. There is corruption on the left and right sides.

Credits
    Hmmm, strange, iso trailer looked fine on my PCH 2D and Oppo BDP93 3D media player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast