Credits
    Best Buy - November 19th, 2019

Hobbs & Shaw (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/BD combo $34.99

Batman 4k Collection (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook set; 4k BD/DC combo $89.99

Alien: 40th Anniverary (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/DC combo $14.99

The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; BD only $27.99

Elf (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; BD only $14.99

Big Hero 6 (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/BD/DC combo $34.99

Tangled (available now)

Moana (available now)

The Princess And The Frog (available now)

Zootopia (available now)

Frozen (available now)

The Lion King (live remake) (available now)

Credits
    Past Tense

[An earlier version of this PT was originally posted on May 29th, 2014 on JoBlo's "DVD, Blu-Ray & Home Theater Discussion" forum.]

This particular outing you're getting two exclusives since there wasn't enough material to justify a single entry for each season. *nods* Welcome to "The Big Bang Theory"...

"The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season" was released on home video on September 14th, 2010.

It streeted against "Grey's Anatomy: Complete Sixth Season - More Is Better", "America: The Story Of Us" and "Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time".

This release originally came with a non-embossed cardboard slipcase which mirrored the wraparound's front. The rear covers are different; the wraparound's back feature zero stats (content listing). Inside the slipcase is a regular (transparent) DVD case holding three discs. It came with six page folding booklet; episode guide - with air dates and extras listing.

- - -

Best Buy offered an exclusive t-shirt, this was available for the DVD ($29.99) and the Blu-Ray ($36.99) editions.

I can not recall if this was packed with the season or separately, sorry. Nor can I say how many copies per store. I did not purchase this offer. I'm not into apparel.

Target had the more substantial item, a bonus disc (no menu screen; presented in widescreen).

A panel at Comic-Con 2009 (San Diego, CA). The event was moderated by comic book artist/writer Mike Mignola. It features co-creator/co-executive producer Chuck Lorre with co-creator/co-executive producer Bill Prady along with stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar. The exclusive has a run time of 30:58 minutes.

The bonus disc was part of the case, a four disc holder - no CD envelope. This set sold for $29.99 on DVD and $39.99 for Blu-Ray.

- - -

Rant.

Okay. I'm not going to make this more than it is. This show is loved and hated. Does it pander? Yes. Yes, it does. Don't pretend it doesn't. Does it hurt viewing? No, not in the least. It is exactly what you think this is and nothing more.

I like the show. I own all twelve season, not ashamed.

The best way to explain this series is as comfort food; zero nutritional value. That's it.

Okay, I want to address this - my words.

Cuoco is a cute girl, but not as hot as some people make her out to be; magazine editors too. Please, stop overselling her, it's embarrassing. Okay.

Will give her credit; she's honest about having breast implants. She got them at the age of eighteen in 2004. She had the surgery when she was on the former ABC series, "8 Simple Rules".

I looked at the comparison, I would say she went from B to a C cup. "The best decision I ever made" she told Cosmopolitan magazine (May 2014 issue), made fluff news rounds in April of that year.

Moving on...

- - - - - - - - - -

"The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season" was released on home video on September 13th, 2011.

It streeted against "Grey's Anatomy: Complete Seventh Season - More Heartbeats", "Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena" and "Camelot: The Complete First Season".

Just as season three, four originally came with a non-embossed cardboard slipcase which mirrored the wraparound's front. The rear covers are different; the wraparound's back feature zero stats (content listing). Inside the slipcase is a regular (transparent) DVD case holding three discs. It came with four page folding booklet; episode guide - with air dates and extras listing.

- - -

As with last season, you're getting the same kind of exclusives by the same stores.

Best Buy offered another exclusive t-shirt, this was available for the DVD ($32.99) and the Blu-Ray ($39.99) editions. Once again I can't say how it was packed or how many copies. I didn't buy this one either.

There were complaints, some didn't want the exclusive and wanted the season set cheaper - the basic edition. The problem is that the store did not list the price without the tee. That does sucks.

Target had another panel DVD (no menu screen; presented in widescreen), this time from 2010 Comic-Con (San Diego, CA); moderated by actor Wil Wheaton and features a live performance by the Barenaked Ladies singing the theme song. It has same participants as 2009. The exclusive has a run time of 28:03 minutes. The bonus disc was part of the case, a four disc holder like season three. I appreciate not having a CD envelope.

This set sold for $27.99 on DVD and $34.99 for Blu-Ray. I will say that Wheaton made the panel entertaining.

- - -

Rant II

Man, I HATE the opening theme music. So much so that when it comes on (DVD), chapter forward to skip it. The same distaste I have for the opening theme to "Star Trek: Enterprise" (2001); it's a decent show, especially the Manny Coto year, but that song sucks hard big time - and comes back for seconds.

I really liked season four making Bernadette Rostenkowski (Melissa Rauch) a regular (far left, above pix for those who don't watch). She's so damn adorable. Which could also be a reason.

Cuteness has the power to both attract and repel.

- - - - - - - - - -

Void.

Since this is a rather short entry even doubled-up. So I've got some decent filler. *nods*

Man, if you knew how long it took to make that poster presentable - off and on for months; got so damn frustrated. It was a mess.

Gonna talk about the low budget sci-fi film "Radioactive Dreams".

It came out to theaters in 1985. Sadly it has yet to come to DVD (or BD). The feature came on home video on VHS (Vestron Video) and Laser Disc - full screen in America ($19.98, Vestron Video too) and letterbox in Japan (9538 yen, Shochiku Home Video). Both were put out on LD in 1987 and in CLV.

Odd, something I noticed while researching - U.S. home video is 94 minutes. The Japanese LD is 104 minutes long. This is new news to me. What have I not seen? Anyhow I should...

The film takes place in 1986 when nuclear war breaks out. Children, Philip Chandler (John Stockwell) and Marlowe Hammer (Michael Dudikoff) have grown up without their parents - who saved them by tossing them into the family's old, fall out shelter as the bombs were falling.

It is fifteen years later - the future of 2001. The boys have grown up alone - educated themselves based on the books inside the bunker. Their entertainment were 1950s detective novels and swing music; they grew into throwback men.

Marlowe after many years has dug a hole out of the shelter to the surface - the world outside. Both are eager to rejoin the planet - thinking the world may resemble the books they read. It is not, it's various degrees of a wasteland. One could argue as step up from any Mad Max world. It's still messed up.

They run into mutants who try to kill them - both are saved by a woman, Miles Archer (Lisa Blount), not out of kindness. She wanted Marlowe's gun, a rare item. They fight, she flees, but drop something vital to her plans. They later encounter Rusty Mars (Michele Little) who takes them to "Edge City" one of the last metropolises. There they are reunited with Archer who wants what was dropped - keys. Plus other troubles which turns out are linked to Miles.

Keys for the last nuke which wasn't launched. Have this... rule the planet. Worse yet, the keys bear their fathers' name. I'll stop here. It's part noir, part cheese, part mystery, part comedy and part adventure mixed with science fiction. It's a fun flick with an excellent new wave soundtrack featuring songs by Sue Saad.

Saad even appears in the movie a rock singer giving a concert across the street where our guy discover the reason why Miles want them so bad. The song is "Guilty Pleasures" - part of the poster's tag line. Sway. The full movie can be found on YouTube. Indeed.

The finale was a set up for a sequel, but didn't materialize. It is a cult flick in the making. Hey, it's never too late for that.

That's it. Not one of my bigger posts. I only had so much to work with. Two more Past Tense and it closes the teens. January is 2020 that feels so damn sci-fi-ish. Still no flying car. But we do have sex dolls - so that's something.

Come back here on December 12th, 2019 for the final two entries involving a classy, yet complicated TV show on influencing people to buy. Have a safe and entertaining Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I am going shopping - oh my. See you then.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 12-07-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Credits
    Target - December 3rd, 2019

Game Of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season
    Exclusive bonus featurette; BD/DC combo $39.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Available 12/6

"Liam Payne - LP1" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $13.99

"Pentatonix - Christmas Is Here" with exclusive poster $10.00 (available now)

Credits
    Best Buy - December 3rd, 2019

Ralph Breaks The Internet (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/BD/DC combo $31.99

John Wick: Triple Feature (available now)
    Exclusive steelbook; 4k BD/DC combo $39.99

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243