Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Credits

Home Video Exclusives

Hello I'm JohnIan101 and I'm a refugee...

I discovered this afternoon the locale where I made my forum home for the past decade is closing its doors next Wednesday (July 29th, 2015).

My part there was heralding DVD/BD exclusives, under the thread "Free Bonuses With DVD Releases - Part 2". Part 1 was created by someone else (man, I don't want to think how huge of database will be lost to the ether). On August 18th, 2011 I decided to expand on that. That day I began posting "Past Tense".

PT posts cover past store exclusives for a particular title, not just a date and name. But an article and review on that release. This grew and grew, taking a life of its own. Some having to be broken up into two or more parts since I exceeded the character count per post.

I originally started this as a weekly thing, bad idea. I still can't believe I actually did this for so many months. Then it became bimonthly which it remains.

As it stands I have, which soon will become 'had' 121 PT posts. With another ten written up, waiting to be posted. What to do? Do I let this all die? So I went looking about and found this place. Which I hope will welcome me and my verbose tidings.

I plan on bringing back Past Tense here, under this thread; keeping continuity, these will be added every Thursday morning. I think I'm going to randomly pick entries rather than just reposting chronologically. These will not be copy and paste, no. They will be altered since many of them were period related; holidays, events and the like. Not a full rewrite, but changed to reflect this restart.

I also plan on bringing back the extremely long winded thread, "Night Of The Living Dead DVD Retrospective". That started back in January 5th, 2012; this covers every major version released on DVD, laser disc and BD. Plus CD soundtracks and beyond. Quite comprehensive. My last update happened on July 14th, 2015.

Oh yeah, I'm in Southern California.

So that's my plan. Lets begin...

Target - July 28th, 2015

Home
    * Exclusive bonus content (bonus disc?); BD/DVD/DC combo $18.99
    * Free popcorn and medium soda from Target Café with purchase; DVD or BD

- - -

CDs

"Hozier" with 4 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (as I understand this comes out on July 31st)
    "Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $17.99
    "James Taylor - Before This World" with 3 exclusive bonus tracks $17.99
    "Josh Groban - Stages" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $15.99
    "Jill Scott - Woman" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $13.99

Information from MrTwoArms from Forum Blu-Ray dot com.

The excusives - if any for Best Buy will be posted on Sunday morning. This is because store has decided to stop mailing their ads to most markets. Cutting off the few who got their weekly flyers early who posted the data.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 07-24-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Removed Link

Credits

Welcome to the M-L, I'm not sure that there's much interest in CD's since this forum focuses on movies, but Hey!!!, I'm game for some new content.
    I assume that you mainly focus on the US "majors" and not on the ever growing list of specialty retailers as with Twilight Time, Code Red, Scorpion Releasing, Severin, etc....

There was a similar blog which recently disappeared, it was run by a girl which listed the exclusives, difference was that she posted them as soon as the placeholders, or the pre-orders were up, found that useful actually.

Again, welcome and post away......

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    CDs are listed because they offer exclusive content; bonus tracks or store offerings (mini posters, patches or tees).

Yes, "US "majors". The idea is to walk into the store(s) and pick it your title - with their particular extra.

Credits
    Best Buy - July 28th, 2015

Home
    Exclusive lenticular cover; BD/DVD/DC combo $19.99

Justice League: Gods And Monsters
    Exclusive figurine with digital HD copy of "Wonder Woman" and "The Batman Adventures" digital comic; BD/DVD/DC combo $24.99

Black Veil Brides: Alive And Burning (available now)
    Exclusive BD release with bandana and packaging $17.99

- - -

CDs

"Motörhead - Thunder & Lightning" exclusive store CD single with coupon for $2.00 off their later album $1.99 (available July 31st)
    "Meek Mill - Dreams Worth More Than Money" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (available now)

Credits
    Target - August 4th, 2015

Insurgent
    Exclusive bonus disc (DVD); BD/DVD/DC combo $17.99

- - -

CD

"Luke Bryan - Kill The Lights" with 3 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (available August 7th)

Information from DanTheMan89 from Forum Blu-Ray dot com.

Update - 8/4/15

The bonus disc for "Insurgent" is a DVD.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 08-04-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Credits
    Best Buy - August 4th, 2015

Insurgent
    Exclusive steelbook; BD 3D/BD/DVD/DC combo $19.99

Divergent
    Exclusive steelbook; BD/DVD/DC combo $17.99

or save $10.00 if both are purchased on the same receipt

Home
    Exclusive lenticular cover; BD/DVD/DC combo $19.99 (available now)

Justice League: Gods And Monsters
    Exclusive figurine with digital HD copy of "Wonder Woman" and "The Batman Adventures" digital comic; BD/DVD/DC combo $24.99 (available now)

- - - - - - - - -

CDs

"Meek Mill - Dreams Worth More Than Money" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (available now)
    "Alternative Press - Our First 30th Years" exclusive, limited edition fan pack; bandana and poster $8.99 (available now)
    "Buckcherry - Bring It On Back" store exclusive 2 track CD single $1.99 (available now)

I've set a date for the return of Past Tense, August 27th, 2015. It gives me time to update/revised the posts as well as work on various images.

Credits
    This is my error...

A bit of exposition should've been included which wasn't or not given proper clarification.

The exclusives written here is American only and is solely brick and mortar stores. Not web locales. Places where you can just walk in and pick the item. Why so selective?

Why not?

I'm of the generation that investigates in person, not scrolling on a kiosk or web page's recommendation. To be exposed to something I had no idea I would even like or aware of its existence. While bots do their best to quantify your personal likes. It's rather difficult to extrapolate the infinate. Which is why I love just looking about my local video store (yes they still exist) or going in person to Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart; 'what is this?' The same thing with my music. It's about personal discovery and growth. My taste in movie has changed over the years. As I can imagine, your perferences too.

Old school? Sure, yeah why not?

This thread's purpose is to inform the reader of their existence.

I could include various other venues such as Canada or even internet exclusives. But you can't walk in to purchase. Granted, Canadians could. *nods*

Asked by one of the readers is 'descriptions' on the exclusives. I'll look into that.

I'll be honest, I'm not into Blu-Ray. If that's your thing, sway. But not for me.

Don't have a BD player nor do I have even broadband, I'm on dial-up. Yeah, dial-up still exist.

Anyhow, sometime places such as Best Buy offer nothing more than a sketchy description. There was a great resource for BD exclsuives, I used to haunt; looking to see if a particular title's bonus disc was a DVD and not a Blu-Ray. Yeah, I would buy the BD set and ditch it just for the bonus DVD. I have a friend who owns a used video store - I sell it to him.

But it closed shop or rather was shut down. I loved that place, they were detailed and listed exclusives months in advance.

Credits

Thanks for clarifying,

Personally, I have very little use for information limited to "Brick and Mortar" and "DVD" exclusives, the only time that I do take a trip to a store is for exchanges, or simply because stock has run out online.
    Excluding BD's to boot, well...... that's a total game changer, but Hey!!!!, to each their own.
    Good luck with your thread, I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Credits
    Thank you for your reply.

To each their own.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Credits
    Wal-Mart - August 4th, 2015

"Area 51" - exclusive store release DVD; $12.99 (your price may vary from store to store)

It appears to be bare bones.
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 06-22-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Credits
    Best Buy - August 14th, 2015

CDs

"Bullet For My Valentine - Venom" deluxe edition with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $14.99
    "Iron Maiden - Speed Of Light" CD single with exclusive t-shirt and coupon for $2.00 off the later album $11.99

Credits
    Best Buy - August 18th, 2015

NCIS: The Complete Twelevth Season
    Exclusive bonus content ("Meet McGee" and "Getting Crafty" featurettes); DVD $29.99 or BD $34.99

Justice League: Gods And Monsters (available now)
    Exclusive figurine with digital HD copy of "Wonder Woman" and "The Batman Adventures" digital comic; BD/DVD/DC combo $17.99

- - - - - - - - - -

CDs

"Buckcherry - Rock 'n' Roll" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $9.99 (available August 21st, 2015)
    "Ghost - Meliora" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks and trading cards $9.99 (available August 21st, 2015)
    "Brett Eldredge - Lose My Mind" exclusive CD single with coupon for $2.00 off later album $1.99 (available August 21st, 2015)
    "Meek Mill - Dreams Worth More Than Money" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (now available)
    "Bullet For My Valentine - Venom" deluxe edition with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $16.99 (now available)
    "Iron Maiden - Speed Of Light" CD single with exclusive t-shirt and coupon for $2.00 off the later album $13.99 (now available)
    Last edited by JohnIan101; 08-19-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Credits
    Target - August 18th, 2015

NCIS: The Complete Twelevth Season
    Can't read, an exclusive something; $27.99 (DVD)

The Blacklist: The Complete Second Season
    Exclusive lenticular cover and villain dossier; DVD $29.99 don't know if this is for BD ($34.99)

- - - - - - - - -

CDs

"Rob Thomas - The Great Unknown" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $10.99 (available August 21st)
    "Carly Rea Jepsen - E*Mo*Tion" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $10.99 (available August 21st)

I can not make out, the exclusive for "NCIS" is. Target's own website doesn't even mention it; the bonus - not the title. And I've done web searches with no results.

Credits
    Target - August 25th, 2015

The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season
    Exclusive steelbook and bonus content (of some kind); BD only $29.99

- - - - - - - - - -

CDs

"Pitch Perfect 2 - Deluxe Edition Soundtrack" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (available August 28th)
    "Maddie & Tae - Start Here" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $10.99 (available August 28th)
    "Halsey - Badlands" exclusive store release $10.99 (available August 28th)

Credits
    Best Buy - August 25th, 2015

The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season
    Exclusive lenticular slipcover; BD only $29.99

The Walking Dead: Seasons 1

The Walking Dead: Seasons 2
    Exclusive lenticular slipcover; BD only $42.99

The Walking Dead: Seasons 3
    Exclusive lenticular slipcover; BD only $49.99

The Walking Dead: Seasons 4

- - - - - - - - - - - -

CDs

"Kottonmouth Kings - Krown Power" with 19 exclusive bonus tracks $14.99 (available August 28th)
    "Slayer - Repentless" CD single with exclusive $2.00 off coupon for the later album $1.99 (available August 28th)
    "Buckcherry - Rock 'n' Roll" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks $11.99 (now available)
    "Iron Maiden - Speed Of Light" CD single with exclusive t-shirt and coupon for $2.00 off the later album $13.99 (now available)
    "Meliora - Ghost" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks and limited edition trading cards $11.99 (now available)

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast