Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Hi, hi, hi there! ... again!

Hi guys ... I'm jmcc from Caracas, Venezuela ... usually an active member of the site and forum a time back ... been off for a while but now I want to be updated about movies and trailers as before ... how have you been? ... how about the old and remembered friends and members editman, Jean-Pierre Bazinet, sex_maniac, corfy, j7wild, Mark Strube, Guiboche and others? ... would like to hear about you ...

I came back because I wanted to download the trailer for Phenomena (1985, dir Dario Argento, stars Jennifer Connelly), one of my favorite still-to-be-seen movies of all time ... once I downloaded the trailer from here but now I see that a subscription is needed in order to access the Forum Exclusives ...

Also I noticed, because I'm accessing the forum now from my phone, that an special app for the forum is available ...

I would like to know more about that and other changes you have been adding in all these years I have been not logging in to the forum and site ...

Nice to be back ... happy to hear about you again ... congratulations to the site ...

Waiting for your words ...

jmcc

Credits
    By the way ... what happenned to my credits? ... I remember to have millions ...

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Hi jmcc, how are you?

No more credits. They been gone for over a year.

J-P got married and he is hardly here anymore.

I pretty much just come in to post a few OT posts and look at trailers.

All the regulars (Mithy, Lafce, and many others that you'd see here almost every day in the Golden Globes [GG] board) are pretty much either lurking nowadays, sporadically dropping in or have moved on.

I don't update the GG board much anymore.

Jacques1400 is now pretty much in charge of the forum by himself.

I don't know if he also updates the website itself or if J-P still does that in the background.

I am still married with 5 kids - you were around when I had my identical twin girls, then I had a son and then a set of fraternal twins.

My twin girls are now 8. My son is 6 3/4. My fraternal twins will be 5 in 2 weeks.

I hope things are going well for you. Don't be a stranger.

Credits

Hey jmcc,

Long time,

Yes, points are gone, the intention never really bore fruit, with people switching to mobile devices and access through social media channels.

The easiest way to explain the evolution of M-L is to refer to the Main Page with all it's social and mobile connectivity as the main traffic area, or the "Kindle" of books.
    That's JPB's area, and of course all the technical side associated with his M-L domain.

Using the same example, the Forum (my area of responsibility) is the "Hardcover Book" of the Kindle edition, sources basically dried up for quality trailers, apart from Apple (which we cannot post DL's as you well know), everyone else has basically gone to secure streaming or downgraded to "YouTube" grade mp4's.
    Studios for the most part use YouTube and Facebook.

Of course, general chatter and comments have pretty much switched to the main page area, after all, one post on Facebook or Twitter and the apps do the rest.

The forum is pretty much limited to Trailer fans, and split in 2 parts, the regular forum which still gets a fair amount of HD encodes and traffic, then as you saw the "Exclusives", which require a small subscription fee to help with the Storage and Bandwidth cost since they are pretty hefty files and stored on the M-L server, mostly 5.1 encodes, raw M2TS and VOB's.

As with many of the longtime members, like yourself many have moved on, others switched to social media to access the site, others strictly visit for the exclusives.

As j7wild mentioned, some also visit regularly, but prefer to stay in the background, it's a new world, but you can judge by yourself.

Enjoy!!!!

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    Wow.

Looking at jmcc's forum profile and post history, he hasn't been here since September 2011.

Credits
    Hi again, friends! ... How are things going? ... It seems the site and forum are a bit abandoned ... What can you tell me? ...

Just wanted to check something and logged in to say hello ...

What happened with j7wild? ... Seems to have been banned from the forum ...

Hi to all! ...

Credits

Well, like yourself people come and go.
    There's not much going on these days in movies with the world being restricted, so even though limited in good times, can't talk about much unless it's streaming.

Mainstream news and gossip is for other platforms anyway.

And to answer your question, J7 simply wanted his account deleted for undisclosed reasons, so who knows with him.

Credits
    Thanks for your answer, Jacques ... How about Jean-Pierre Bazinet? ...

Credits

JPB is fine, kind of slowly pulled himself away from the site since he got married some years back, everyone needs to make a living.
    As it stands, I'm about it with the forum.

Credits
    i, like others, just lurk about from time to time ... nice to see ML still about. check in from time to time but hardly ever post like i used to. sorry to see j7 go. his babe threads were something to see ... hope all is well with everyone here and there ...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits

Hey redbear,

Long time, yeah I usually notice when some of the long time members lurk about. It's all good.
    Too many social platforms, and all the studios are using YouTube these days anyway, so not too much traffic when your mobile can do it all.
    Keep on visiting, hope all is well.