Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs up Stormtroopers put up Christmas Tree (WARNING: 27 photos!!)

A father and son gave the world an early intergalactic holiday gift with their cute Star Wars toy photo series.

Diehard “Star Wars” fans Phil Shearrer, 52, and his son Kyle, 18, photographed their stormtrooper toys in various positions to look as if they were teaming up to build a Christmas tree.

The photos show the troopers humorously reading instructions, dealing with unexpected setbacks and celebrating after they finally completing the tree.

Phil and Kyle got out all of their stormtrooper figurines -– many of which Phil said they’d waited in lines at midnight over the years to purchase –- and spent “a few hours” staging them, all the way from unfurling the Christmas tree rug to putting the final branch atop the artificial tree.

“We were thinking through the stormtrooper’s frame of mind,” Phil said. “So there’s one looking up at the outlet since he’d need a source of power.”

“We just started building and we kind of fed on each other,” he said. “We didn’t have a plan or even think of it as a story.”

"I wanted one of the troopers (Who I think the net has named 'Shock') to be looking at the wall outlet -- anticipating the need to make sure that there was a power source for the lights," Phil told ABC. "Kyle jumped on that and said let's give him a fork -- and then from there Kyle developed that whole sequence and took it to a new level."

Phil says that it took the troopers about two hours to build the tree, with things speeding up after a toy Darth Vader arrived. After they were completed, Kyle posted the photos to his Facebook page on Nov. 29. The images were shared over 120,000 times, with Facebook users praising the father and sun for the fun photo series.

"How in the world did you think of such a creative idea, I LOVE IT," wrote one Facebook user.

"Cute can't wait to see what else they get into," wrote another.

Phil says that he has been stunned by the online support and that reading all of the comments has been like "sharing a giant holiday card with a million other fans."

"We posted it just to share with our friends and then within a few hours we were seeing hundreds and then thousands of shares," Phil told ABC. "You could tell that people were having as much fun posting and sharing with each other as we had putting it together."

Phil though says that the best part of the experience was sharing the Star Wars experience with his family.

"For Kyle, my wife Cindy and my daughters, Cassidy and Kelsie this has been the best part," Phil said. "Just being a part of the whole Star Wars celebration."

What's with that stormtrooper (without a helmet) in the background in photos 4-8?

It looks like he was drinking, then he got drunk and fell down and then another stormtrooper executed him?

The complete 27 photos gallery here in chronological sequence since M-L won't allow me to have more than 10 photos per thread!

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/uzm9...53dw2t38ayeyq8

Their Facebook page that they shared with the world.

You should see these photos individually in sequence on Facebook.

Each photo has its own page and 100s of comments per page from other Facebook users.

Some of those comments are pretty witty and hilarious especially when Vader shows up.

Starting with photo #1:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

all photos by Kyle Shearrer and Phil Shearrer

j7wild Guest
    The last photo is wrong.

It's not 19 days until Christmas.

It's 23 from today and since those photos were taken and posted on their Facebook page on the 29th, it should had been 26.