Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

new action movies?

Okay guys so what do we have coming up in the way of action movies? I feel like I spent most of my holidays watching really good but artsy movies. I'm ready for some really good actions scenes and explosions and stuff.

Two movies that I think look really good are Basic and Tears of the Sun.

Tears of the Sun has Bruce Willis and Monica Bellucci. Monica is some huge film star from Italy -- I remember seeing her in "Malena" a few years ago and being very impressed. Maybe she can be the big American star that Penelope Cruz wishes she was was.

Basic is a Travolta/Samuel L. Jackson movie that looks promising. I love watching Samuel L. on screen. He's such a badass. In this one he plays a Navy SEAL who disappears with his platoon in the jungle. Oh! And I hear that Taye Diggs is in it too, so that's cool.

Credits
    Basic doesn't really look like an actioner... more of a military thriller than anything else. In the next month, we've basically got Shanghai Knights, Daredevil, and Cradle 2 The Grave, which range from mediocre looking to very good looking. As for march, Tears Of The Sun is all I see right now. April has Dreamcatcher, which looks incredible so far, and then there's May... sigh... X-Men 2, no matter how good it is, will not matter, because we get The Return Of The One. Matrix Reloaded... drool... June has Fast and Furious 2, Hulk and Charlie's Angels 2, July brings T3 and Bad Boys 2, and that's half the year for ya.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    awww... matrix_slave, you're making me blush!

Anyway, I think Basic could have some decent action scenes. You're right, it wont' be an out-and-out war movie with non stop explosions but that's cool. They're going to have to show some scenes of Samuel L. and his squadron -- with Harry Connick Jr. and Taye Diggs -- and I'm sure there is some really cool jungle sequences.

Blugh, thanks for summing up the first half of the year! Maybe it will be a good year for action movies. I know that summertime is usually the season for action but I think with Shanghaii Knights, Tears of the Sun, and Basic, we'll be set for awhile. Or at least enough to keep us busy until Matrix 2!

Credits
    Yea, I think Tears of the Sun, Basic, and Shanghai Knights all look great. I will probably go see Shanghai Knights this weekend. If you are looking for action, this will probably have it......plus i think owen wilson is one of the funniest around right now.

Credits

Talking

**Humps GloryGirl**

Shameless.... :butt:

Credits
    Originally posted by matrix_slave
    ohhh god ,, a girl that likes a good action movies ,,
    I am in love,
    I'd be the same except for some reason she reminds me of Mr. T.

Credits
    Originally posted by Moe_Szyslak
    i think owen wilson is one of the funniest around right now.

you think it, I KNOW it.

Credits
    I think that Owen Wilson is funny but I am looking forward to Shanghai Knights because of Jackie Chan. I just love his movies.
    I really need to see an action movie soon, because I went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding...and it just wasn't my kind of movie.

Credits
    Agreed. Give me a Jackie Chan action sequence over this blue screen, explosion crap any day. He is so creative in his fight scene, using the props around him in ingenious ways. And Owen wilson is freakin HILARIOUS. I'll be seeing this tomorrow, and I am sure it will live up to the hype!

Credits
    I like Jackie Chan and I think Shanghaii Knights is going to be hilarious. But some days you really can't beat an old school soldier movie like Tears of the Sun or Basic. And those are what I'm really looking forward to seeing. I love going to a movie with so many tense action scenes and cool special effects.

Credits
    I love going to a movie with so many tense action scenes and cool special effects.
    Then you will probably Love The Matrix....

Credits
    I second that Matrix recommendation. I mean, if that super bowl teaser is any indication... my jaw hit the ****in' floor when Neo starting beating down the Smiths with that stick he had. And we still really haven't seen anything from the Car and Heli chases at the end of Reloaded... and then there's Revolutions... this will be a very good year indeed.

Credits
    I saw shanghai knights last night.... it was great.... it would satisfy the action junkie and the comedy junkie..... the sword figting scene at the end was classic chan, very impressive.... not to mention that he and owen are hilarous together..... it looked like they were really having fun together.... it is not the special effects action like the matrix, which i cannot wait to see, but it is action packed