Thanks Thanks:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Black Panther Exclusives

Best Buy SteelBooks & Target with Book, Street Date May 15, 2018

4K UHD: Best Buy CA English // Best Buy CA Bilingual // Best Buy US
    2K BD Only: Best Buy US

Target with Book

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6198914_sa2K.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	22044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6198915_sa4K.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	22045  
    Last edited by jacques1400; 04-10-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Confirmed by @bbyterence there will be one for Bbyca jacques1400.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 02-17-2018 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Removed @ character, not required.

Credits
    Wish there was some kind of consistency with BB Can's pre-ordering. Spider-Man Homecomg, WW, ST:TLJ and Thor Ragnorak all available for pre-order when the movie opens in theaters, but no sight of this at all.

Credits
    @ Wavey Dave

I'm not sure that BB CA will be very successful here with their new business plan.

I wouldn't count on consistency from BB CA, they are in serious cost cutting mode.
    I'm not even sure what departments are left here, the website is a mess, and there's really no effort from them which is kind of scary.

Time will tell, but if there's a will, there's a way

Credits
    The only thing we do know is that BBYTerence did state that Best Buy Canada will indeed be getting a steelbook for Black Panther. I am assuming and guessing they do not want another scenario with other Disney Steelbook titles like the Coco Blu-ray, Thor Ragnarok and the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Steelbook were they are up for online pre-ordering early. Then all of a sudden wait no it's not BBYC has taken them down and now we cannot order them. Then they are up again or we thought that it was; which is so frustrating so I am assuming they are waiting to see what is going to happen.

Sadly Jacques1400 everything about Best Buy Canada is a mess the website, in store stock and customer service; if you have ever been to a BBY in the USA there is a big difference and I think their next serious cost cutting mode is to start closing BBYC stores. Like most US chains that come to Canada like Target; Best Buy Canada seems like the watered down version of what the USA has. Then the end result usually ends with them closing the store and leaving Canadians with nothing.

Credits
    I know I commented above concerning the Black Panther Steelbook; excuse me for venting but my patience with Best Buy Canada is wearing thin concerning them placing the steelbook for online preorders. Has anybody heard anything about Black Panther steelbook in Canada other than BBYTerence stating that Best Buy Canada will indeed be getting a steelbook. At this time we are heading to the end of March and no preorder announcement; if they are they are going have it or not. I realize there is no release date currently set for the Black Panther DVD or Blu-ray, but we can speculate a little. Spider-Man: Homecoming opened in June and arrived in October. Thor: Ragnarok opened in November and arrived on home media in March. So with that four month window in mind, it is safe to speculate that the Black Panther DVD will drop in June (I have even read some say it will be released in May). Since “Black Panther” has grossed more than $1.1 billion I do not see why they would not; but who knows.

Credits

@ Cull Obsidian

I know that Terrence stated that there would be one in Canada, historically BB CA has always carried the Marvel SteelBooks so I have no problem believing that they will.

Black Panther performed way better than anyone expected, so the theater run keeps on keeping on, if I were the studio I would not be in any rush to release the BD edition.

This said, on a cursory check I could not find any Canadian retailer having it listed as of yet, so expecting BB CA who is notoriously slow in updating their website with new products is probably wishful thinking.
    You can always place an order with BB US and cancel if BB CA carries them, but for a while I've been keeping my US orders no matter what.

The last 4 orders I received from BB CA had damages, boxed or not including Coco, I have no clue who handles their logistics but they should all get fired, the damages were not shipping related, that much I know.

Credits
    How do you do your US orders? Do you get it shipped to one those those border places and pick up?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazintrini View Post
    How do you do your US orders? Do you get it shipped to one those those border places and pick up?
    @Blazintrini,

Unfortunately, Best Buy US does not ship to any Best Buy Canada store locations; that includes stores in border cities. But what you can do is use a US mailing address from like a friend and/or family member then have you order sent to their address then ask them mail it to your address in Canada or if you are close to them pick it up.

Another thing is if you are living in a border city like Windsor, ONT you can have your order sent to the nearest store in the USA that is the closest to whatever border crossing you are using then drive and pick it up. But for more complete information you may what to go to Best Buy's US site and look at the Best Buy International Orders for more complete information. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-to...at204400050019

Credits
    Was thinking of something like this.

https://www.myus.com/welcome/sem/?gc...180328171507:s

Credits

Added details

@ Blazintrini

My situation is a little different than most, I've been collecting movies (Not just SteelBooks) for a very long time.
    I have relationships and dealings with long time independent sellers in the US, who in return help me out by receiving my purchases.

I purchase from them regularly and in volume, so they simply add in my own store purchases to the mix. I use prepaid USPS International large boxes.

The only way to make US purchases reasonable is to ship in larger quantities at a time, otherwise the cost including the exchange rate makes it totally ludicrous.

As you mentioned, there are also businesses who specialize in receiving and forwarding US purchases to Canada. Nothing wrong with them for a few items here and there, but as Cull Obsidian states family and friends are the Best options other than picking your copy up yourself across the border.

Edit: In respect to forwarding services, also keep in mind that the "Tax Free" claim only applies to US sales tax on your store purchase, which is really pennies, if anything at all.
    Most are "Customs & export compliant" which is another way of saying bend over, because you will get hit with brokerage/handling fees, import duties if applicable & definitely GST/HST on the converted amount.

Credits
    @Jacques1400

Thank you for the information pertaining concerning these businesses who specialize in receiving and forwarding US purchases to Canada; I was never aware of them. I guess these businesses are beneficial depending on how close and/or far to the US/Canadian border you are and what province of Canada you live.

Credits
    Thanks for the information. My uncle used to live in Niagara Falls(US side) so it was easy back then as he always came on our side once a month to pick up some mail that was being sent on the Canadian side but since they retired not moved to California

Credits
    Well I went to the Best Buy USA site to finally place a online preorder to be on the safe side so I do not miss out on getting a copy. Well just my luck when I go to the above link; then I type it out on the search myself and both times I receive a message that states "WE’RE SORRY, SOMETHING WENT WRONG. You can use our search bar or pick a category below. If you typed in a URL, check it for errors."

So in translation first of I foolishly waited to long to finally place a order and I guess Best Buy USA has taken down the steelbook listing for this movie till they actually get a actual release date; so I guess Best Buy Canada is not the only one that does this. I should of listened when it was suggested that I place an order with BB US and cancel if BB CA carries them; but I did not.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 05-15-2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: No need to quote complete posts.

Credits
    @ Cull Obsidian

Don't get concerned, it happens all the time with BB US whenever they perform updates on the listings.
    Just check daily, the items will be made available once again.

Some of the pre-orders might also sell out, but they normally keep stock for release day, so you should be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast