Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Jumanji Series 4K UHD SteelBooks

Best Buy US & Sunrise 4K SteelBook, Street Date March 20Th, 2018

Best Buy US // Sunrise

Last edited by jacques1400; 12-14-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added Best Buy

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Stock for these at Sunrise Records is a lot smaller. I was told the most some stores will get is no more then 6. Due to my experience with “It” I preordered at 2 stores. Just figured I’d give the heads up!

Credits
    At this time leprekon I have preordered 1 copy with the store clerk for the Dark Crystal 4K steelbook and will call in the morning to hold a copy just to be safe; I guess I will have to plan on doing the same thing with Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle Exclusive.

Credits

Just a heads up for anyone getting a copy from Sunrise, release is Tuesday.

Credits
    And if you ordered at Vaughan Mills store it is now closed so you will
    Have to find a store somewhere else to get it. I preordered from Vaughan Mills and Newmarket due to the incident from the missing “It” steelbook in transit. I know Scarborough Town Centre Store has I believe the Vaughan shipment since that store just opened up.

Credits

Looks like Sunrise is starting to show cracks unfortunately.

Credits
    Sunrise is starting to show cracks unfortunately; I really hope that is not going to happen. We no sooner have a store like Sunrise Records to pick up the slack of steelbooks Best Buy Canada will not carry then they start closing stores or are unable to get inventory. I may have to start ordering steelbooks from Best Buy USA and have it shipped to a relatives house. Just to many uncertainties with trying to buy steelbooks in Canada.

Credits

Agreed, I actually still place US orders in addition just in case.

My local store which is seriously huge, and seriously empty of customers every time I visit only received 1X copy of "The Dark Crystal" SteelBook.
    I called them today for "Jumanji", and same thing only 1X copy received which I will pick-up tomorrow.
    That is pretty sad!

Credits
    Like your store my local store is also seriously huge and also somewhat empty of customers every time; it was also a former HMV so I am happy to see another brick and mortar music and video store replace it. When I went to pick up my 1X copy of the Dark Crystal; the store clerk informed me that they thought they were only receiving one copy but got six in their order. I just called to reserve a copy of Jumangi Welcome to the Jungle steelbook and the gentleman stated they would be receiving only six copies; in my humble opinion I really do not have a problem with stores getting a limited in store amount. Six seems like the magic number for exclusive steelbooks; at least I can call ahead reserve a copy and they will hold it and I can inspect the steelbook then not have to worry about damages.

Credits

Here we go again...

Soooooo.... I was on the "reserve" list at Scarborough and they didn't get any of their Jumanji steelbooks delivered today... the distributer has no clue why and is trying to track them to find out where they are...

Called Pickering and they didn't receive theirs either.... We can't win...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post
    Soooooo.... I was on the "reserve" list at Scarborough and they didn't get any of their Jumanji steelbooks delivered today... the distributer has no clue why and is trying to track them to find out where they are...

Called Pickering and they didn't receive theirs either.... We can't win...
    I suggest contacting them on facebook or twitter to find out what’s going on and when and if they will actually receive there stock. My copy had a tiny scratch on the bottom back but since the limit in quantity it’s not worth it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    I suggest contacting them on facebook or twitter to find out what’s going on and when and if they will actually receive there stock. My copy had a tiny scratch on the bottom back but since the limit in quantity it’s not worth it.

Thanks for the suggestion... I'm going to wait out the remainder of the week and then give my business to BBUS...

My parents live in Niagara Falls and go over the border almost weekly to I just order it as a P/U directly at the store location just across the border and my pops will grab it for me...

Really thought Sunrise would have their **** together especially as they are trying to expand and grab market share...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post

Really thought Sunrise would have their **** together especially as they are trying to expand and grab market share...
    Have you looked at the prices at Sunrise for anything besides steelbooks? Unless they have a massive price drop on all the old garbage they picked up from HMV and elsewhere, they won't be getting market share quickly. I saw The House, with Will Ferrell, selling for $50.00 on Blu-ray. Not 4K, regular Blu-ray. And some really old catalogue release DVDs selling for $30+. I was intrigued about going there before, but haven't been back since.

Credits

I'll second that, I'm not sure where they're shipping them, but they're not getting to many stores in the area.
    The only suggestion I have is to post a request in the forum and someone may be able to pick one up for you.
    I will probably have an extra one when my US shipment gets here, but that won't be for a while unfortunately.

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...wap-Sell-Trade!

Credits

I agree with everyone in respect to not being competitive, similar to HMV, anything other than their "2 for X"is basically priced way out of control. It actually seems to me that they use the actual MSRP for pricing on movies.

I'm a sucker for slipcovers, so I can't help looking around when I go pick something up.

I found a copy of the VVS Films edition of "Wind River", Standard fare at Amazon ($19.99) & Walmart ($19.96) around or not too long after the release date. Unfortunately both retailers are a flip of a coin in respect in getting a copy with the slipcover.

There was no price, so a staff member came back with it sticker priced at $32.99!!

They definitely need to work on their pricing if they want to survive the retail apocalypse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast