Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    I seriously hope this price drops or I will be canceling my order since it’s not a 4K. Cull Obsidian I’m pretty sure this is a bestbuy Exclusive. They didn’t have I believe Red Sparrow as Only at bestbuy but seems like they are just being lazy as well as pissing us off at the same time.
    I feel the same way Leprekon and I also hope the price drops because $43.99 for a Bluray/DVD combo is too much in comparison to the BBY US's $34.99 or approx 45.25 in CND funds if you do the conversion for a 4K/Bluray combo. Unfortunately if we want this in 4K we are going to have to have to order it from Best Buy USA which sadly is becoming a pain. Because for me not only do I have have it shipped my brothers US address I have to wait another 3 months or longer depending on when he comes back to Canada to visit. I will just have to bite the bullet on this one and get it on the Bluray/ DVD combo.

Credits
    This is $14 more then the 4K which that 3D is the same price and the bluray is $24.99 so ur almost paying double the price for the steelbook. It’s not like it’s a Marvel, DC or Star Wars Steelbook so this doesn’t make sense Cull Obsidian. I haven’t even seen this movie so I’ll probably get the standard 4K.

Credits
    You are correct Leprekon this is not a Marvel, DC or Star Wars Steelbook and there should be no reason for such an escalated price for a bluray/DVD combo steelbook by Best Buy Canada. But at this time we have not been given any online preorders in BBYC for Avenger Infinity Wars and Solo: A Star Wars Story so we do not know if we be getting another 4K/Bluray combo like the previous steelbooks or we could end up with Marvel or Star Wars Bluray/DVD steelbook combo with inflated prices.

It is becoming hard to say with the thing are going on here at BBY Canada; as for the movie Ready Player One while I did not read the book I did enjoy the movie; which essentially had a lot of 80s pop culture references turned into a blockbuster with millions in flashy graphics.

Credits

For new releases, the usual average retail pricing across Canada of major retailers is a 4K at around $29.99, the 2K & 2K Combo at $24.99.

Needless to say that Best Buy Canada is in serious need of re-evaluating their business in Canada, they are totally out of touch and disorganized.

I'm pretty confident that the pricing is simply another screw-up on their part, and will get lowered at some point, but in the meantime it just makes them look like idiots.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Added Target & Sunrise Exclusive.

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...335#post240335

Credits
    Price dropped to $32.99. Now that’s more reasonable.

Credits

It should drop even more at some point, it's still too high for a 2D Combo compared to the Sunrise Pacific Rim SteelBook pricing.
    Sunrise is seriously overpriced on the newer releases to boot.

Credits
    Well this is interesting but at this time the Ready Player One (SteelBook) (Blu-ray Combo) at Best Buy Canada is Sold out online https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2227649.aspx?. I already pre-ordered mine and I assume they will have more for online pre-order; but I guess this shows people were not that concerned that the steelbook was only Bluray/DVD combo and not 4K combo

Credits

For the majority of Canadians, this is the only way to purchase the SteelBook if indeed you're interested in getting one.
    Personally I think it's a ripoff to pay this price for a 2D Combo, so hopefully Best Buy will have the decency to lower the price on release day.

Credits

Just a heads up for those who want the Sunrise Exclusive, this is being released Tuesday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12