Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Sadly, I am also wondering with allot of movies going direct to streaming like HBO Max and/or Disney Plus if they will continue to put many of their new titles on Bluray let alone steelbook. Best Buy CAN may get steelbook Pixar's Souls because they know it is a new Disney title and it will sell out quickly and will not stay on the site.

Credits

Physical media is here to stay.
    Streaming competes with cable and TV, add the Covid scenario, and movie theaters that survive will be scaled down dramatically, probably to what we had as kids, no more Multiplexes.

The landscape may change for Physical Media, but new companies are popping up yearly offering titles, new and old, some that were once deemed lost forever.

Thank Niche companies like Vinegar Syndrome, Kino Lorber, Severin, Second Sight, Twilight Time, Scorpion and more.
    Movie Studios are struggling as well, and many have opened up their catalogues for MOD because it's profitable.

As for SteelBooks, it's a marketing tool, unfortunately Canada is running out of retailers because this country's political climate and population size is a detriment to investors.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I agree with your comment about "As for SteelBooks, it's a marketing tool, unfortunately Canada is running out of retailers because this country's political climate and population size is a detriment to investors." It seems like with Disney at Best Buy CAN they have no problem with selling newer steelbooks title. Because from from someone like me who likes and is partial to Disney steelbooks; they are sold out when try to preorder them in less than 2 days and they cannot fill online orders. Which I hope is not the case with PIXARS Soul, Black Widow and Raya and the Last Dragon.

Credits
    I have no idea what is going on with Best Buy Canada but they seem to be getting allot of old Future Shop steelbook titles like Clear and Present Danger, World War Z and Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit. In addition to a title that I have only seen only listed at Best Buy US like King Kong 2005 4K (Steelbook).

Credits

It's called recycling

I checked the back of Raiders, they're probably from the US, more than likely overstock for those prices.
    The date on the Raiders is 2015, which coincides with the US release of the Identical SteelBook according to Amazon

Credits
    Hey @jacques1400 I just wanted to give you a heads up seeing how there is has been no official word or listing I just placed this here; but I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the Bluray for the movie Raya and the Last Dragon will have a release date of May 18, 2021 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) there is no price. So I would just suggest people keep there eyes open on the Best Buy CAN seeing how they seem to have steelbook preorders a month in advance. Again I just hope Best Buy Canada will get its act together for this steelbook; because the steelbook for Pixar's SOUL sold out in less than a 6hrs at Best Buy Canada the day it was listed for online preorder. I get the impression we will see an online preorder in Canada soon hopefully and there is enough online supply so orders don't get canceled.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 04-11-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Credits
    Hey @jacques1400 I just wanted to give you a heads up seeing how there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site yet so I just placed this here; but I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the Bluray for the movie Cruella (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will have a release date of Sept 21, 2021 there is no price. Again I would just suggest people keep there eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site seeing how they seem to have steelbook preorders a month in advance similar to PIXAR'S LUCA. So I would estimate August 16-20, 2021 we may see something official here.

Credits
    Hey everybody again I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time seeing there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time; I just placed this here. But I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the movie Black Widow (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will have a release date of Sept 14, 2021 there is no price and no purchase link at this time for the US Best Buy at this time. But, again I would just suggest people keep there eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site seeing how they seem to have steelbook preorders a month and/or less in advance similar to the Cruella, Justice League-Snyder Cut and the F9 - The Fast Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook). Also seeing how BBYCAN showing its incompetence and is not listing them as "SteelBook" or "Exclusives," it is going to be a little more difficult seeing you have to search for each individual title expected to be released.

EDIT: I do have to make a correction concerning the Justice League-Snyder Cut and the F9 - The Fast Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)[/B]. That as of this time they are now listed under the "SteelBook" but when they were first announced on 08-13-2021 and 08-14-2021 they were not. Just keep your eyes open at any rate.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 08-16-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: make correction

Credits
    Hi everybody I just wanted to give everybody a heads up again seeing seeing there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site as of this moment; I just decided to placed this comment here. I just wanted to inform people according to information from other sites it sounds like the movie Venom: Let There Be Carnage (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will be released in December. But I am getting conflicting dates for an actual blu-ray release with comments ranging from "dates not announced" down to release dates ranging from December 14, 2021 to December 20th. There is no price and no purchase link for the US Best Buy at this time. But, again I would just suggest people keep your eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site seeing how they seem to be making it more difficult to see new steelbooks.

Credits
    Here is another heads up on another Disney/Marvel title while it has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site as of this moment; I just decided to placed this comment here to inform people again to keep your eyes open on the Best Buy CAN site. According to information from other sites it sounds like Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings debuts on all major digital platforms on November 12 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on November 30.

Credits
    Hey everybody again I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time seeing there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time and I do not want to confuse people so I just placed this here. But I just wanted to inform everybody according to information from other sites it sounds like the movie Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) will have a release date of November 30, 2021 there is no price and no purchase link at this time for the US Best Buy at this time. But seeing from past experience we should see one hear in Canada very soon.

Credits
    Hey everybody again I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time; there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time and I do not want to confuse people so I just placed this here. But I just wanted to inform everybody according to information from other sites it sounds like there is an unofficial Best Buy Exclusive USA listing for a 4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook of the movie PIXAR movie Turning Red . At this time the release date, purchase link and the price are TBA but for anybody that is interested this is a just an alert to keep your heads up for an Best Buy CAN announcement.

Credits
    I just wanted to give everybody a heads up seeing at this time; as usual there is has been no official listing on the Best Buy USA site at this time and again I do not want to confuse people so I placed this comment here. But I just wanted to inform everybody according to information from another site it sounds like there is an unofficial Best Buy Exclusive USA listing for a 4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook of the movie Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. At this time the release date, purchase link and the price are TBA but for anybody that is interested this is a just an alert to keep your heads up for a Best Buy CAN and/or USA announcement.

Credits
    I'll definitely be interested in the Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore release but more importantly I'm looking forward to possibly hearing something... ANYTHING about the Release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness being released as a SteelBook option. That is one release I definitely don't want to miss out on...

Credits

I wouldn't get concerned, it appears 99% of SteelBooks being released from Best Buy are Disney/Marvel & DC fares, all the others are Retail Wide.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast