Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Gemini Man is one of the worst movies I've seen this -- or any other -- year. So it's not a big loss that one isn't coming up here.

But will say that I hated walking through 3 separate Best Buys in Buffalo and seeing robust steelbook sections.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachuforever View Post
    But will say that I hated walking through 3 separate Best Buys in Buffalo and seeing robust steelbook sections.
    Well when we do not get Ford v Ferrari it will probably be same way I feel like a punch in the gut when I go to Best Buy stores in Detroit and it surrounding areas to get it and will see a copious steelbook supply or other non steelbook items like anime titles, Netflix and other streaming series that they put on bluray. I guess if we get anything other than retail free this new 2020 year at Best Buy Canada I will be surprised; their excuse will be that too many steelbook returns and they were losing money.

Credits
    You also noticed some movies that get released worldwide get DVD,Bluray and 4k releases and in Canada it’s only Bluray or DVD. I wanted 3 From Hell 4K and a few others but only in Canada we don’t get 4K releases no matter what retailer it is (not on amazon.ca but on amazon.com lol). So less money I’m fine if bestbuy don’t want my money but the Sunrise colour vinyl I like but not when they release it in June not to get any stock at all at a $30 price tag to rerelease them 4 months later with a $45 price tag lol sounds like a bestbuy thing.

Credits

Not to further this off-topic discussion, but the decision to release 4K's in Canada is strictly based on the market by the distributor, eOne being the largest. Same deal with BD/Combo releases, it appears that Canadians prefer 2K BD (No Combo) probably because 4K is priced too high, and DVD is about the same or more than a BD with obvious lower quality.

"Anna" which I wanted, was also not released here in 4K, but on a positive side, you can order these titles from Amazon.com on sale at equal or lower than the cost from buying it in Canada (HST included of course).

Now that Amazon.com can charge you in Canadian Dollars, it's easier than ever to compare pricing.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    You also noticed some movies that get released worldwide get DVD,Bluray and 4k releases and in Canada it’s only Bluray or DVD. I wanted 3 From Hell 4K and a few others but only in Canada we don’t get 4K releases no matter what retailer it is (not on amazon.ca but on amazon.com lol). So less money I’m fine if bestbuy don’t want my money but the Sunrise colour vinyl I like but not when they release it in June not to get any stock at all at a $30 price tag to rerelease them 4 months later with a $45 price tag lol sounds like a bestbuy thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Not to further this off-topic discussion, but the decision to release 4K's in Canada is strictly based on the market by the distributor, eOne being the largest. Same deal with BD/Combo releases, it appears that Canadians prefer 2K BD (No Combo) probably because 4K is priced too high, and DVD is about the same or more than a BD with obvious lower quality.

"Anna" which I wanted, was also not released here in 4K, but on a positive side, you can order these titles from Amazon.com on sale at equal or lower than the cost from buying it in Canada (HST included of course).

Now that Amazon.com can charge you in Canadian Dollars, it's easier than ever to compare pricing.

Thanks @jacques1400,@leprekon

You have answered a question concerning why Canada will only get certain movie titles in bluray and/or television series title in DVD. I have always found aggravating to have to make a special order for certain tv series like Netflix's Lost In Space in bluray when they are only being offered in DVD in BBYCanada. I go to a store called CINEMA 1 (not ready to abandon brick and mortar) and they to have to special order certain titles in bluray because they were only released in DVD; but when I go to this store I see many older customers are still sticking with DVD and are not ready to even switch to Bluray let alone 4K.

Credits

Anyone check-out the Disney SteelBooks at Best Buy US? most releases are $20 off, including Marvel!!!
    That's some seriously attractive pricing considering Best Buy Canada keeps increasing their prices for damaged goods.

Credits

Anyone check-out the Disney SteelBooks at Best Buy US? most releases are $20 off, including Marvel!!!
    That's some seriously attractive pricing considering Best Buy Canada keeps increasing their prices for damaged goods.

Thanks for the notice @jacques1400,

These prices are very attractive I guess they are trying to clear out their old Disney stock to make room for the rest of the Pixar, Disney and Marvel 4K re releases; in addition to the newer Disney movies like Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, Soul, Onward and Black Widow (2020 film). This is the sort of stuff that pisses me off about Best Buy Canada which could learn a lesson from Best Buy US; on how to gain customer appreciation.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...l%20Categories

Credits

It's their way of doing things, they load the placeholder with a "coming soon" tag, which is good marketing.
    That way you know ahead of time it will show up so you can keep an eye for it.
    The date is usually not 100%, but even if it is the 28Th, that's a whole month of notice as opposed to Canada that gives you diddly squat only to run out of stock in the blink of an eye.

Sadly @jacques1400 I think we will get lucky here in Canada if we even end up with "Diddly Squat". I know I am beating a dead horse and expressed this statement in another posting. But after for example a wonderful year of BBYCAN having been heavily pushing on Disney rereleases of Marvel 4K UHD and Disney Pixar 4K UHD Combo Steelbook title and new releases of Disney movies I feel (which may be wrong) we will not be that lucky this year.

Yes we got new releases for Frozen 2 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker; Best Buy Canada has never been known for consistency for example why re-release the movie Malificent as a 4K steelbook if there a possibility you are not going to offer the sequel steelbook in Canada. Then have other movies other movie like the Jungle Book 4K steelbook being released in the BBYUS and not here in Canada; in addition to any new Disney and re-released title like Black Panther that may come in 2020; but it makes no sense and hate starting a steelbook set when I cannot finish. If Best Buy Canada has problems dealing with exclusive items like steelbooks maybe they could put all things like Movies, Music and Video Games as items you can shop on the U.S. website and ship merchandise to Canada and larger items you would still buy in a Best Buy stores in Canada. But that being said this is just my opinion.

Credits

The only way Best Buy US would ship to Canada is if they cease operation here which is not far fetched, Best Buy Canada is losing market share, and sales declined by 1.2 or 1.9% from the same third quarter last year according to the latest investors report.
    Never the less, it would be trough a proxy, basically similar to Target and the cost would be very high.

Credits

The only way Best Buy US would ship to Canada is if they cease operation here which is not far fetched, Best Buy Canada is losing market share, and sales declined by 1.2 or 1.9% from the same third quarter last year according to the latest investors report.
    Never the less, it would be trough a proxy, basically similar to Target and the cost would be very high.

Did not know things were that bad at Best Buy Canada @jacques1400, while I am not surprised to hear that I really do not like the concept of losing another brick and mortar chain. While I am able to drive to BBYUS and purchase steelbooks when necessary like others on this site. Sometimes it becomes a nuisance when you have to think about the US/CAN exchange rate and how much you are allowed to purchase from the US which I believe $100.00 worth of goods and then the immigration can still make you pay duty on $50.00 if they wanted to; overall I just hope Best Buy Canada does not close and/or can come up with something were we can get steelbooks if they do go belly up.

Credits

Source Best Buy Corporate

International Segment Q3 FY20 Results

International Revenue
    International revenue of $800 million decreased 4.1% versus last year. This decrease was primarily driven by a comparable sales decline of 1.9%, which was driven by Canada, and the impact of approximately 170 basis points of negative foreign currency exchange rates.

Credits
    Happy New Year 2020 Everyone,

@jacques1400 seeing how there is has been no official word or listing I just placed this here; but I just wanted to give people a heads up but according to information from hidefninja.com it sounds like Best Buy USA announced they will be the getting Beauty and the Beast (2017) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) with a release date for March 10, 2020. While, I will continue to hope Best Buy Canada will get its act together for 2020 and we will see an online preorder in Canada soon; from past experience I doubt we will and I may end up having to purchase this from the USA.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 01-09-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Credits
    Well again I have to give it up to Best Buy USA; I had to take my parent to a luncheon in Detroit and while they were I went to the nearest Best Buy in the area. I was fortunate to obtain one of two copies they had available of the Jungle Book 2016 4K steelbook; while other stores had more copies this store was a short distance away from me. While there I asked about the Malifient Mistress of Evil steelbook and the young lady who helped me stated that after looking on her computer and seeing there is nothing in their warehouse there is probably no chance of them getting any new stock. Which really sucks after seeing how much back stock they have of other titles like the Pixar, Disney and Marvel 4K rereleases. At any rate I am considering breaking down and shopping on ebay which I have not done before and very unfamiliar with; but from what I can see it looks everything is through pay pal even if you have a credit card. Could someone explain how that works; that would greatly appreciated.

Credits

Check your PM's.

Credits

Check your PM's.

Thanks @jacques1400!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast