Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    I only see stock for onlne orders for both the animated and live action versions. That may be limited if other people who have ordered multiple copies had defects on each of their orders may start returning them and ordering new ones.

Credits
    They gave me $10 credit to my cc. Told me $10 over the usual 20% which I have never heard that before.

Credits

SteelBook Ordering

OK, here's my take on SteelBook ordering.

The best way is not quantity, if you place 2 orders of qty 4 SteelBooks you are pretty much guaranteed to get damaged goods. Free shipping is no longer an issue since most SteelBooks are over $35 anyway.

Odds are you will get 4 from the same batch or box, so if the the warehouse guy spine slashed that box, you're more than likely to get 4 with the slash.

Secondly, any order of multiple SteelBooks in the same shipment is just asking for trouble, because they will hit each other during transit dramatically increasing the chances of damage. It's bad enough that the warehouse manhandles them to begin with, putting 4 SteelBooks in a single box with a piece of paper filler is simply begging for damaged goods.

IMO, put the odds in your favour, order a single copy and wait about 15 to 30 minutes, then place a second single order. The reason for the wait is to make sure that it won't be shipped in the same box if someone in shipping is actually vigilant and doing their job.

Obviously, this will not correct the "Disney" Clamp mark, but otherwise you increased your chances in getting a pretty mint copy at no extra charge.

Last edited by jacques1400; 09-11-2019 at 10:00 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Sorry to be placing this here but did not want people thinking this was a new release announcement but I was wondering does anyone recall the Pixar movies Coco and Cars 3 being released as a 4K steelbook when they were first released by Best Buy Canada in February 13, 2018 (Coco) and November 7, 2017 (Car 3). Maybe they were but BBYC did not recieve them but if they didn't I find it bizarre why were they not being re-released as a new 4K steelbook or at the very least I should say I just find it odd that at least Cars 3 was not released along with the new steelbook releases of Cars 1&2; maybe they will when they release the new batch that consists of Bugs Life, UP and the remaining PIXAR titles.

Credits

Normally studios proceed in waves for older titles, so Yes, it's possible that they will re-release in time for Christmas.
    Don't forget that there were a crap load of re-releases, in addition to the new stuff.

By taking a break, it gives the customers a chance to breathe and pay their bills. LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Normally studios proceed in waves for older titles, so Yes, it's possible that they will re-release in time for Christmas.
    Don't forget that there were a crap load of re-releases, in addition to the new stuff.

By taking a break, it gives the customers a chance to breathe and pay their bills. LOL

Very true @jacques1400 but if this information is true from hidefninja.com concerning that these Disney movies being released on these titles on the Best Buy USA website like Zootopia, Moana, Big Hero 6, Tangled and The Princess and the Frog (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA] is slated for November 5,2019 in addition to the remaining 4K steelbooks for Antman, Dr. Strange and Gaurdians of the Galaxy. I do believe I will have to take out a small morgage to finance these items; but seeing how there has been no word concerning the 4K steelbooks for Antman, Dr. Strange and Gaurdians of the Galaxy maybe my check book might be a little lighter.

Credits

There you go, so planned release date is November, which is about 2 months after the first wave.
    November is also particular because you also end up with "Black Friday", so you want to get as much out prior to sales.

Disney is also the largest Studio, so it's unfortunately a lot of releases. Everyone will feel the pinch.

Credits
    Well I do not know who is handling Best Buy Canada's online orders but I just recieved all three of my orders + 1. I placed an order for one of each 101 Dalmatians, Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent and but what got in the mail was 2 copies 101 Dalmatians and 1 copy of Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent. When I first saw this I got pissed at myself thinking that I accidently made the mistake; but when I looked at my order history it shows I ordered one of each of these titles and I was only charged for one 101 Dalmation steelbook meaning i only have one reciept it I return this and if there is a problem with the one I keep I will have nothing. If these are the type of mistakes Best Buy Canada is making with online orders then I can see why many orders are not being filled properly.

Credits
    Wow freebies!

Credits

Pure speculation on my part, but is it possible that the extra 101 Dalmatians was supposed to be your missing "Galaxy Quest?"
    If that's the case then you saved a few bucks by getting charged for "Galaxy Quest" instead.

Credits

Pure speculation on my part, but is it possible that the extra 101 Dalmatians was supposed to be your missing "Galaxy Quest?"
    If that's the case then you saved a few bucks by getting charged for "Galaxy Quest" instead.

I thought the same thing @jacques1400 granted it would be nice if they just sent an email to give me an heads up. I have went through my emails and online order history from Best Buy just to make sure I was not the one who made the error. But could not find anything so as you stated I got a free Disney steelbook. Just hope this does not come back and kick me in my butt; (you know how karma is) and have another one of my orders cancelled.

Credits
    I was wondering can anyone at this time get access to Best Buy Canada music and movies and/ or the steelbook sections of their site. Just walked in the door and went to check their site and the steelbook or music and movies page will not load on my computer. Hopefully this means they are adding more new items to their site.

EDIT: Never mind the site is back up and running.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 09-26-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Corretion

Credits
    There has been no official word on each of this item but I just wanted to give people a heads up but it sounds like Best Buy USA announced they will be getting The Jungle Book (2016) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) with a release date for January 14, 2020. I hope we see an online preorder for this and Malificient Mistress of Evil in Canada soon.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 11-30-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: sentence correction

Credits

I wouldn't get my hopes up in seeing much from Best Buy Canada, all they've been adding are retail wide releases, with limited quantities to boot. Rambo, Gemini Man, It Collection, and others are coming up from Best Buy US within a month with zero here.

Sunrise might be getting some, but they only carry a handful per store and don't care about promoting them unless it's "Coloured Vinyl", so it's a guessing game with them.

Sad day for Collectors unfortunately.

Credits

Sad day for Collectors unfortunately.

Unfortunately @jacques1400 after this impressive year for releases of new steelbooks titles at Best Buy Canada I do believe I did get my hopes up in seeing much in the coming new year. But as you have stated they have only been adding retail wide releases; it is back to the same o ' same o ' which make no sense. Best Buy Canada has never been known for consistency for example why re-release the movie Malificent as a 4K steelbook if there a possibility you are not going to offer the sequel steelbook in Canada. Maybe it is a studio and/or distributing thing and I know I am only focusing on Disney mainly because BBYCAN have been heavily pushing on the re-releasing Marvel 4K UHD and Disney Pixar 4K UHD Combo Steelbook title. In addition to any new Disney and re-released title that may come in 2020; but it makes no sense and hate starting a steelbook set when I cannot finish it. Happy New Year Best Buy Steelbook Collectors.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 12-07-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast