Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Except that Steelbooks are no longer under a quick link section and the search url isn't persisting in a link...

[Edit] Oh, and you can't sort by newest. Awesome.

Credits

I welcome an upgrade to the site, but it looks more to me like a cross between Best Buy US and Target.
    I'm hopeful this is a work in progress.

As stated, you cannot filter by "Newest" which is seriously inconvenient, hopefully some genius did not think that a "Coming Soon" section is all that's needed instead because it's not even working properly.

They did simplify the navigation controls geared towards handheld devices, so let's see what other improvements they make.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    As I fiddle around with the site especially the steelbook section I am starting to notice a few things that are somewhat irritating; but I am trying to wait a little to give Best Buy Canada time to finish their upgrades. One thing I do find aggravating is that when I go to the steelbook's Sellers and have to choose from the three choices I can see what is on Discount DVD Canada and Isotope Music; but not BestBuyCanada I get a message stating.
    " Sorry, an error occured while processing your request.
    The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.
    Please take a moment to provide us feedback by clicking the button below and telling us what you were attempting to do when this error occured. Your input will help us improve the quality of the site for our customers."

Hopefully this is a temporary problem and they are not lumping a third party retailer Discount DVD Canada products in with BestBuyCanada's products.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

They did simplify the navigation controls geared towards handheld devices, so let's see what other improvements they make.
    My handheld devices already have an app, geared towards handheld viewing. Now I just get a sub-par website experience on all my devices.

Credits

You don't need to play around filtering out re-sellers, every page has a slider you can click to show Best Buy Only products, all they did is go from a tab to a slider which is easier.

Credits

@Wavey Dave

In that case, at least they're consistent in offering sub-par across all the platforms....

Credits
    Was there an easier way to look them up beyond just typing in "steelbook" in the search bar? That's how I always found them (the only one I never found that way was The Predator steel from December), and that did not seem to change with this update. I always filter to Best Buy Only as well when I'm looking and do not have any issues.

Credits
    @Pikachuforever

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...763#post241763

Two searches were always required to find everything.
    The Dedicated "SteelBook" menu area from the main page of Best Buy Canada was simply a filtered link which searched on "SteelBook", so using it was not covering all the bases unless "SteelBook" was listed in the item listing, or a tag.

The Best Buy US site is slightly better since they are more consistent including "SteelBook" in the item details, but it still does not cover all bases where they rely on "Best Buy Exclusive", given the the item picture depicts the item with "Exclusive SteelBook" on the cover.

Credits

You don't need to play around filtering out re-sellers, every page has a slider you can click to show Best Buy Only products, all they did is go from a tab to a slider which is easier.

Thanks @jacques1400 I did see that but when I tried to use it yesterday it did not work. It seems to partially work but when I push the button to show me more I still get the message "Sorry, an error occured while processing your request.
    The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.
    Please take a moment to provide us feedback by clicking the button below and telling us what you were attempting to do when this error occured. Your input will help us improve the quality of the site for our customers." I guess they are still working out the bugs.

EDIT: It seems to be working somewhat at this point; but it is still hit or miss when it comes to me asking for more selections for "Best Buy Only".
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 05-15-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Update

Credits

Anyone having issues with the new website?

1. Clear your browser's cache (history), re-launch the browser
    2. Update your browser to the latest level, and try again.
    3. Choose a different browser to eliminate compatibility issues.

Using Firefox I could not add to basket, tried Chrome and everything worked like a charm.

Credits

Damaged SteelBooks

Quick note, received both versions of the Cinderella SteelBooks today, and both have that clamp or whatever dent in the back, so they're going back.

Please inspect them carefully because the dent is somewhat difficult to spot, the back of the "J" card sometimes covers it, so I would suggest simply ripping a small portion of the cello to verify if it's a concern.

Returning an unsealed item can be difficult at times and involves the manager.

Credits
    Sadly, I just received my defective Dumbo 2019 steelbook in the mail today in the oversized box. Unfortunately the upper clamps of the steelbook is broken will not seal and/or close shut. The worst part about there is no replacements at Best Buy Canada so I can either just return it and have nothing or do not return it get stuck with a defective copy. I am impressed with this ; I have no idea what is going on but this is happening way to often now and unfortunately customer service is just plain useless.

EDIT: Just read on hidefninja.com that many got emails from Best Buy saying they are unable to fulfill many of the the orders due to a lack of inventory; but a $50 voucher for compensation I guess I should be happy I got a damaged copy.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 06-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Credits
    All three of my Disney Steelbooks came with defects; like you mentioned before both the Cinderella SteelBooks came today with that clamp or dent. The Dumbo Steelbook will not close properly since one of the clamp seems to be broken so it will not snap shut; what is even worst Best Buy Canada has no replacements. I think I will keep the two copies of Avengers Endgame I have on preorder because receiving damaged steelbooks from BBYC and not having any in store or online replacements is bothersome; you never know how we will receive our items.

Credits

Quick note, received both versions of the Cinderella SteelBooks today, and both have that clamp or whatever dent in the back, so they're going back.

Please inspect them carefully because the dent is somewhat difficult to spot, the back of the "J" card sometimes covers it, so I would suggest simply ripping a small portion of the cello to verify if it's a concern.

Returning an unsealed item can be difficult at times and involves the manager.

@jacques1400 there are more copies of the Cinderella (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2015) if you are still in need of ordering a new one.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-2015/M2230174

Credits

@Cull Obsidian

Thanks for the heads up, but I'll order from Best Buy US instead, I'm sick and tired of wasting my time and money with Best Buy Canada.
    It might cost me a premium, but at least the odds of getting a perfect SteelBook are in my favour.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast