Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Anytime @jacques1400,

I can understand how you feel about wasting your time and money with Best Buy Canada. Before I placed this notice BBYC placed more copies of Dumbo for online preorder so I returned my damaged copy to the store and asked the clerk to reorder a new one (at this time it is sold out). That was a fiasco because I guess their internet went out and they could not order a new one and when it came back on the customer service clerk said it was no longer there and just handed me a store credit card for the amount of the steelbook. Came back home and those little voices I sometime hear told me to look on the web which showed it was still there for online orders; so I ordered my copy it went through and called the customer service number to inform them about my store's incompetence, they apologized and are going to look into the situation.

But for my part I sometime I am as sharp as a spoon and should have just made a new online order and once it went through take the damaged one back but who knew I was going to have so much problem.

Credits
    The one I opened had a faint spine slash you barely see. Looked at another one I have and had same slash. The 3rd one has a loose disc and 4th one looks good. Wife says I’m weird getting 4 but it’s reasons like this. Now have to exchange and hate doing this crap. They wonder why people do this after many years of having to return damaged Steelbooks all the time.

Credits
    Thats funny @leprekon there is nothing wrong with getting 4 for reasons like this. But do you keep the three defective steelbooks or are you getting your money back from them. I know BBYC might frown on that but even they cannot complain when they see all the defective steelbooks that you received.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Thats funny @leprekon there is nothing wrong with getting 4 for reasons like this. But do you keep the three defective steelbooks or are you getting your money back from them. I know BBYC might frown on that but even they cannot complain when they see all the defective steelbooks that you received.
    @Cull Obsidian I only keep 1 copy. I had to go through 3 copies today. The original one I opened didn’t close properly and had the “Disney Dent”, other had scratches on back with the same dent as well as my copy I kept. When I call to get my Captain Marvel discount I’m gonna ask for a discount on that dent. Just amazes me the amount of damage steelbooks they must get from all these stores. I even tell the people in the store I hate ordering 4 just to get 1 mint copy and for $50 they understand. At least they are constant with the box sizes pretty much.

Credits

It amazes me how clueless Best Buy Canada is, this is not a new problem that suddenly started out of the blue (pun intended.) It just got worse with time and is now a standard to receive damaged goods in a nice cardboard box.

I said it many a times, I can live with a spine slash if I have to, but I'm not purchasing 4 SteelBooks in order to stand a chance of getting a relatively undamaged unit, that's insanity!!!!

Do the math, just the new MCU releases of 5 SteelBooks, that's 20 SteelBooks on order with a cash value of just over $1000..... and no guarantee of a mint copy, that's LUDICROUS.

Now they're issuing vouchers because they can't fill orders, I seriously doubt that they're issuing $50 vouchers as stated considering the item is only $40 or $45 excluding taxes, but probably their $10 or $20 usual fare.

Being privileged since I can purchase from the US, I just feel bad for Canadian collectors who do not have the same luxury, their only option is hoarders and that sucks.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    In truth the whole situation sucks from having it become a standard practice by BBYC of receiving damaged goods in a nice cardboard box, to people having to purchasing 4 -5 SteelBooks in order to stand a chance of getting a somewhat undamaged unit, then now Best Buy Canada cannot fill many orders and we are given a vouchers for $20-$50.

Finally, for those of us Canadians steelbook collectors who cannot get a decent steelbook in Canada if you are fortunate enough and are forced to buy it in Amurica hallelujer; but if not then you're SOL. Why because we are not able to purchase here in our own country.

I can only speak for myself but living on the the US/CAN border I also have ordered from and driven to the Best Buy US. From, spending $12.50 CND round trip for bridge and/or tunnel toll, hoping there is not traffic on the bridge, then having to deal with the US/CND custom gestapo and finally have an hour round trip drive to the closet Best Buy in the surrounding Metro Detroit area then having to finally purchase the 1-2 steelbooks that are coming in that week in US funds not including buying US funds at what ever the exchange rate is that day. For me we are not saving anything making this truly one hot mess and it is not getting any better.

Credits
    Well I guess it off to the the Best Buy in the good old US of A because I just looked at my email and got this message.

Thanks for placing an order for Dumbo (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2019). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

We're very sorry for this, and we'll make sure your method of payment is not charged To apologize we'd like to offer you a $5 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca Blah Blah Blah.
    You get the idea, I guess it was for the best because I probably would have received another damaged copy.

But it does make me wonder what the status of our future orders like Aladdin, X Men: Dark Phoenix and Men In Black: International will be like when they are being classified as back order and the Avenger: Endgame, Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1-3 and Avengers 4-Movie 4K Ultra HD SteelBook Collection has been reclassified as online preorder. With all the mistake going on at Best Buy Canada all can see is all our back order items being cancelled. Hopefully I am wrong.

Credits

Sorry to hear that, but you probably would have received damaged goods anyway.

So much for the $50 voucher that was mentioned at some point, they're even getting cheap on the "Sorry" vouchers.
    They used to be at least $10.....

As for the pre-orders, I wouldn't get concerned with the wording, first off there's always cancellations and orders that get denied due to payment method difficulties.
    The only time to get concerned is ordering on, or after the release date. On hand inventory changes pretty rapidly due to replacements of damaged goods and last minute buyers.

Credits
    One thing @jacques1400 I find funny is of all the Disney/Marvel steelbooks we can't find in store or online replacements for they still have copies of the Captain Marvel steelbook available. Maybe because of its lackluster box office performance.

Credits

Keep in mind that the stores are the ones getting the damaged ones back, so they might have stock on the shelves, but I'm pretty sure that with a close inspection you'll find that quite a few are damaged returns.

Credits
    has anyone noticed there site isn't working properly? You would do a search and would go to a blank screen or some links don't even let you click on them. Even just no images just everything else in the listings?

Credits
    @leprekon

The new site has PMS full time, I'm not even sure that they actually know what they're doing anymore.
    Someone should call the Geek Squad to fix it!!!!!

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...212#post242212

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    @leprekon

The new site has PMS full time, I'm not even sure that they actually know what they're doing anymore.
    Someone should call the Geek Squad to fix it!!!!!

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...212#post242212

They probably didn't pay for the warranty for Geek Squad!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    One thing @jacques1400 I find funny is of all the Disney/Marvel steelbooks we can't find in store or online replacements for they still have copies of the Captain Marvel steelbook available. Maybe because of its lackluster box office performance.
    Captain Marvel outgrossed all the MCU movies except for the 4 Avengers films and Black Panther domestically, and also made $1.1-billion at the box office (putting it behind those same 5 films and within sneezing distance of Iron Man 3 and Civil War). That's a far cry from lackluster.

It just wasn't well received by the typical Marvel fanboys, as can be seen by the consistent whining on Twitter and YouTube about the character that continues to this day. I imagine Best Buy amped up their stock because it was an MCU title, but that these clowns who likely bought all the other MCU steels aren't buying this one.

Credits
    Anyone else on the forum use Ebates? Anyway, Ebates would usually give 3% cash back on purchases at Best Buy. Now, it seems they are no longer affiliated with one another?
    Anybody have an idea when this happened?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast