Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I wouldn't get concerned, it appears 99% of SteelBooks being released from Best Buy are Disney/Marvel & DC fares, all the others are Retail Wide.

I'm less worried about Best Buy getting it and more worried about the qty they get and snagging a copy when the link goes live lol...

Credits

That's a different issue altogether.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post
    I'll definitely be interested in the Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore release but more importantly I'm looking forward to possibly hearing something... ANYTHING about the Release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness being released as a SteelBook option. That is one release I definitely don't want to miss out on...
    The Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore 4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook is available for online preorder at Best Buy USA with a
    release date of June 28, 2022 and costs $34.99 US dollars

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/fantast...?skuId=6506788

As for the release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Black release. Seeing how Black Widow took about two months to come to Bluray, while Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings took just short of three months. We’re probably looking at something similar to the latter for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, so we’re looking at around the end of July or start of August. If we had to put a date, we’re saying either July 26 or Aug. 2. Just keep your eyes open for both of them.

Credits

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 4K UHD SteelBook

It has been posted online what the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will look like arriving on both 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and DVD July 26... Digital drops June 22nd...

I would suspect we should be seeing a pre-order link very shortly... I mean it would be nice lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doctor-Strange-2-Steelbook-Best-Buy-Set-Exclusive.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	22197

Credits
    I guess when it comes to Disney movie (Marvel, PIXAR, Disney movie and Star Wars) steelbooks we are going back to either feast or famine. I am also worried about the future Disney steelbook releases at BBCAN. Hopefully this is a one time thing this year and we are able to get future titles like Lightyear and Thor: Love and Thunder just to name a few.

Credits

If Best Buy Canada stops the Disney exclusives, then there's really not much left apart from WB.
    Even their DC Animated series is not getting any releases here, and the few that do are 2K only, while Best Buy US is getting 4K Exclusives.

Paramount, Sony, and boutique labels in the likes of Arrow, Shout!, Kino, Synapse are generally Retail Wide.
    Lionsgate, RLJ don't bother with Canada for a while now, and many of their standard releases don't even make it here either, apart from some DVD only editions.

On the other hand, Best Buy US cranks out twice as many SteelBooks in a month than we get in a year.

For SteelBook collectors in Canada, this doesn't leave many options other than Zavvi and Resellers.

Credits
    Has anyone been in the a BB store recently? What was, a few years back, 4 isles of BRD/DVD's, reduced to one intermittent isle, has now become a standalone shelf in the middle of a walkway in my local store.

Physical media is all but dead at BB.

Credits

It's been like that for a quite a while, pre-Covid I might add. My local Best Buy only had 1/4 of an aisle of strategically placed junk, with some new releases mixed in.
    Walmart also scaled down to a middle aisle display unit featuring New Releases, that's about it.

As I always said, physical media will never die, but the strategy is shifting towards Boutique Labels & Specialized Retailers rather than Mass Retail.
    The US is different, they have the population to support sales, but in Canada, leaving aside the archaic rules of bilingual packaging because of the second largest province requiring it, there's not enough volume to justify the aggravation anyway.

Credits
    Soooooo are we even posting when something drops on BBUS knowing it will likely never get released on BBCAN???

Halloween Ends Preorder is up on BBUS... Chances of it coming to Canada???

Credits

@Scotty_Whispers,

Well, it's no use starting a thread if we can't buy it from Best Buy Canada, or any other retailer who does not ship to Canada.
    If anyone is interested, in the likes of Zavvi and International orders, I can always create a Thread for "International Orders."

Let me know!

Credits
    Thanks Jacques...

I don't know what the protocol is anymore now that BBCAN's Steelbook catalogue of new titles is pretty non existent...

I've already purchased it through Zavvi...

Credits

These threads were meant to help out the legacy Best Buy forum users once they shut it down. Obviously Best Buy simply cares about selling Phones and Appliances now.
    One of the reasons I don't even list them on retail wide releases any longer.

I'll start an "International" thread, that way it can be used for us unlucky Canadians who don't have much left in Collectable Packaging.

Credits
    This is new I just got a message from Best Buy CAN stating "Thank you for your recent order of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 1 (English) (Blu-ray).
    Unfortunately, we ran out of stock and weren’t able to secure additional inventory for this product, so we had to cancel it at this time. Rest assured, you won’t be charged for this order. We’re extremely sorry about this cancellation and would like to make it up to you with a eCertificate.
    Again, we’re sorry about this cancellation and thank you for choosing Best Buy.
    Thanks,
    The Best Buy Team"
    . Now they can no longer fill standard bluray orders; which is fine seeing how I can just go to CINEMA 1, Walmart and/or Sunrise Records to purchase this; but this does look bad when they are having problems filling non exclusive items.

Credits

Don't expect much from Best Buy, they pulled out of Mexico last year, which had more stores than Canada, and higher sales expectations.

They're focus is to rebuild the American market to pre-covid levels by cutting back, and I quote "Best Buy’s examination of its business model is to advance strategic efforts and review of areas that could be scaled back."

The distribution rights are by country, and we don't have many distributors left, so obviously they no longer have the purchase power they once had, because stock allocation is based on sales.

They're shedding some of their Best Buy mobiles stores here BTW, let's see what happens during the recession.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Don't expect much from Best Buy, they pulled out of Mexico last year, which had more stores than Canada, and higher sales expectations.

They're focus is to rebuild the American market to pre-covid levels by cutting back, and I quote "Best Buy’s examination of its business model is to advance strategic efforts and review of areas that could be scaled back."

The distribution rights are by country, and we don't have many distributors left, so obviously they no longer have the purchase power they once had, because stock allocation is based on sales.

They're shedding some of their Best Buy mobiles stores here BTW, let's see what happens during the recession.

I think pretty soon many Canadians and the country of Canada as a whole is going to regret letting Canadian owned franchises like the Future Shop and Zellers (I know it coming back as a e-commerce site and as an “in-store experience” in select Hudson’s Bay stores). Get bought out by American franchises then get closed up when the going get tough. I do not think smaller boutique blu ray store will be able to get the rights to Disney steelbook but I could be wrong.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast