Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits

Best Buy

Sorry everybody, but I was not sure were to actually place this comment; but I finally received my Lady and the Tramp Steelbook from Best Buy US online order. The thing I found interesting was that the steelbook was mailed not in a oversized box with airbags; nor did it come in a plastic bubble wrap envelope. It was mailed in a small sturdy rigid cardboard envelope with some sort of inner ridges (for lack of a better description) for cushion.

So the point I am trying to make is it came in good condition which is the most important thing and why is Best Buy Canada, Canada Post and/or who ever is in charge of mail orders not using something like this. I know nobody here has the answer; I am just venting but is does make you wonder do they like charging more for postage buy sending one item in a large box.

Credits

Since I never saw what BB US used for shipping material, this explains why there is so minimal damage to their shipments. There are plenty of options available for shipping SteelBooks, anyone who ordered worldwide knows that.

The box thing originated from the Future Shop days, and over time morphed into this oversized box solution. Why? probably because that's a popular shipping size all around which ends up being cheaper than specific packaging for a particular product.
    Amazon does the same thing with their shipments, every so often you get this oversized box because there's nothing in between.

As for postage costs, that's pretty much irrelevant since Canada Post only has 2 low cost services available:

"Letter Mail" which must fit in a mail slot with very low weight allowance.
    "Expedited" which is a businesses only option cheaper than consumer Parcel Post, but accommodates larger shipments & weights at a competitive pricing.
    They work out contracts with the various carriers in order to negotiate better rates anyway, so the shipping costs are irrelevant.

It all boils down to common sense, obviously BB US has figured out that improper packaging results in losses and customer dissatisfaction. They listened and took action.

BB Canada on the other hand, we all know how that goes.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Thank you @Jacques1400 for moving my comment and explaining the whole shipping material situation to me and if you want to see what BB US uses for shipping material. On your next online shipping order to Best Buy US simply ask the person whose address you are sending your orders to just save the shipping package. Sadly, I did not do a good job describing the envelope; but that being said in your comment of BB US has figured out that improper packaging results in losses and customer dissatisfaction. They listened and took action and as you also stated BB Canada on the other hand we all know how that goes. Well we all do know which is even more irritating because does anybody remember the thread BBYTerence posted concerning what we wanted to see to help with customer service and/or the e- commerce team to get a better idea of what they could do to improve service; well we know how much good that did.

At any rate Thank you again!

Credits
    I really hope that Best Buy Canada will get Wreck-It Ralph 4K UHD SteelBook but from past experience other Disney animated titles like The Incredibles, Peter Pan and A Nightmare Before Christmas. I know they will not be receiving and I will have to preorder this movie from Best USA which is sad because with the number of new Disney live action and animated movies being released I wish BBY Canada would reconsider this and start carrying more than just Star Wars and Marvel movie title.

Credits

I'm with you on that one, they even gave up on the Lenticular special editions.
    I think the last ones were Bambi or The Lion King.

Now we know how the Americans felt when Future Shop was releasing all the SteeBooks.

Credits
    Excuse me for venting unfortunately I do know how the Americans felt when Future Shop was releasing all the SteeBooks some of the prices I see online at Amazon for old Disney Future Shop steelbook exclusives are a expensive. Sadly the last Disney steelbook exclusives I remember seeing here at BBY Canada was the for the movies Lion King, Pirate of the Caribbean 5 and live action Beauty and the Beast. In all honesty I really do not recall Best Buy USA and/or Canada offering any Disney steelbooks after March 28,2015 when Future Shop abruptly closed its doors. But I only recall companies like Zaavi in the UK offering Disney Steelbooks for a couple of years; fast forward to now and it seems like Best Buy Canada seems content to allow a overpriced third party retailer from their Marketplace or whatever it is called to sell Disney Steelbooks instead of selling the actual ones from their own company. Truly this is were there decision making skills make no sense; but if you remember I recall numerous complaints from BBY forum members about not liking the Lion King Steelbook cover art and comparing it to the previous one from Future Shop version and refusing to buy it maybe BBYC just figured why bother with the hassle. What a pity.

Credits

I mostly agree, but I'm not sure that the opinion of a few in a forum was a factor, as it was pointed out many times nobody from the management level ever read or participated.

As for the third party vendor stuff, I had posted about this previously, they have taken over as BB Canada scales back big time with physical inventory. How this business model can validate the existence of Brick and Mortar stores is beyond me.

The BB corporate business plan for North America was to return to profit with a new structure, which they implemented. The next phase was called "The New Blue" which began around the year that the BB forum was shut down. This phase was to give Best Buy a new look both in-store and online, and a focus on expanding in Mexico.

Make your own assessments, but if you go to either the BB US or BB MX websites you have the "New Look", so why is BB Canada not investing in this North American strategy?

Credits
    Not wanting to go off topic but having just now looked at both the new look for the Best Buy sites for both USA and Mexico also leaves me wondering why hasn't Canada also changed our site; though it seems BBY Mexico https://www.bestbuy.com.mx/c/buscar-...autoFacet=true seems to have less than BBY Canada when it comes to Disney and/or any other steelbooks for movies. They also mention a modernized logo were “Best Buy” still appears in bold, black font, but now it resides outside of our signature yellow tag which Canada also has not updated. In addition I also find it curious as to why Best Buy Canada's forum was shut down and the US's site is still running http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Movies-...sic_and_Movies . There is allot of confusion and inconsistency when it come to the goings on at Best Buy Canada vs Best Buy Mexico & USA. Hopefully they just do not decide to expand in Mexico and close up shop here in Canada.

Credits
    Sorry for beating a dead horse but this is the foolishness that bothers me about Best Buy Canada they have two Thor Ragnorak Steelbooks advertised on their steelbook page. The THOR: Ragnarok (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2017) being offered by Best Buy Canada is $44.99 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...2226439.aspx?; the Thor Ragnarok Steelbook (Blu-ray 3D) being offered through the third party Marketplace Seller -Discount DVD Canada is $129.99 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...13026357.aspx?. The same for the Cars 3 Steelbook because the Cars 3 Steelbook (Blu-ray 3D) being offered through the third party Marketplace Seller -Discount DVD Canada is $59.99 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...26333.aspx?and the one being offered by Best Buy Canada is $34.99 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2224920.aspx?. What makes them think we are going to pay such enormous amounts for this from the third party group when we will happily pay Best Buy directly for these movies.

Credits

Sorry for beating a dead horse but this is the foolishness that bothers me about Best Buy Canada they have two Thor Ragnorak Steelbooks advertised on their steelbook page.
    Similar to all other retailers, resellers have absolutely no direct business ties with Best Buy in any way, shape or form, think of it as a "For Sale" listing on Craigslist or a Newspaper. I believe Amazon pioneered this concept, and the rest is history as they say.

The principle is based on Brand Equity, Amazon, Walmart (Yes, Walmart has tons of resellers), Best Buy and of course eBay which migrated from auction to a store concept. They all have one thing in common, recognized brands with high visibility and traffic.
    The basics are all the same, Listing Fee and a Percentage of the sale amount, transaction processed by the retailer so they control the money.

What makes them think we are going to pay such enormous amounts for this from the third party group when we will happily pay Best Buy directly for these movies.
    Best Buy doesn't care either way, and since the listings are created by the reseller, Best Buy probably doesn't even know it's on their site. I can tell you their profits from the sale of the reseller unit would be way more than selling their own product, with zero overhead.

As for the examples, to be honest it's less than perfect. The reseller is pawning UK imports which contain the 3D copy, we never had this in a SteelBook for Canada.
    Thor is out of stock, Cars is the "French" (Bilingual) release with only 2 remaining in stock. I know that it only applies to the "J" card, but if you recall from the BB forum, there were constant complaints with every "Bilingual" SteelBook release because of it.

Credits

Halloween SteelBook

Did anyone receive their copy from Best Buy Canada yet? Told it came in a bubble mailer again, like my dented copies of Mission: Impossible - Fallout that I raised hell over with Customer Service. Hoping this isn't the case, but does anyone know why they are suddenly not shipping in boxes anymore? Were the massive amount of complaints not enough to steer them clear of pulling these shenanigans again?
    Last edited by jacques1400; 01-14-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added Post Title, my bad

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachuforever View Post
    Did anyone receive their copy from Best Buy Canada yet? Told it came in a bubble mailer again, like my dented copies of Mission: Impossible - Fallout that I raised hell over with Customer Service. Hoping this isn't the case, but does anyone know why they are suddenly not shipping in boxes anymore? Were the massive amount of complaints not enough to steer them clear of pulling these shenanigans again?
    Receive what copy from Bestbuy? My Venom came in bubble mailer, my MI came in a box I believe. I order 4 but I think they are just getting really lazy. Always have to have extras with this joke of a company. My next one is Bohemian Rhapsody so this better come in a box.

Credits

@pikachuforever

I'll be honest with you, it doesn't matter if it's shipped in a mailer or a box.

I'm swaying towards their logistics or warehouse handling, but the odds of the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup are better than getting a visibly undamaged SteelBook, no matter boxed or not.

They've been switching back and forth since the fall, and whichever warehouse in Ontario is handling orders for my area is pretty much shipping damaged goods 8 out of 10 times.

Contacting CS doesn't help either, you get the usual canned responses and maybe a discount offer, but nothing changes. I even tried their social platforms without any success.

Sorry, Thank You for shopping Best Buy!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Receive what copy from Bestbuy? My Venom came in bubble mailer, my MI came in a box I believe. I order 4 but I think they are just getting really lazy. Always have to have extras with this joke of a company. My next one is Bohemian Rhapsody so this better come in a box.
    My copy of Venom came in a box, and Halloween arrived today in the bubble mailer. Thankfully, both are in good condition.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom71 View Post
    My copy of Venom came in a box, and Halloween arrived today in the bubble mailer. Thankfully, both are in good condition.
    I have to admit lately I haven’t had dented ones with bubble mailers (knock on wood) but did in the past when we were all bitching about it in the Bestbuy forums

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast