Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Well went back to Detroit and stopped at two Best Buy locations for the re-release Black Panther 4K SteelBook and neither of them had in store stock of the steelbook. I am wondering what is going at Best Buy's Disney steelbook supplies; especially when they have numerous copies ( 9) of previous Marvel re-releases. I guess I will wait to see if these store get new in store supplies to try again but this is really strange to have that movie that movie out of stock and still have numerous copies of the Terminator: Dark Fate Steelbook. The only answer I have is hoarders and/or scalpers. Maybe that might be the reason the Canadian customs officer asked if the 2 steelbooks I purchased were for myself or if I was planning on selling them.

Credits

Black Panther is still available online for purchase, to my understanding you should be able to have it shipped to the store in Detroit and simply pick-it up.
    Terminator is a retail wide release, it's obviously not something hoarders would start emptying the shelves for.
    Finally, the reason the customs agent asked you if it was for yourself or to sell them was probably a catch:

Personal gives you an exemption of up to $200 after 24Hrs., yes, maybe you were not there for 24Hrs but it's not worth the paperwork for low value items.

If you would have said "to sell", that makes it a commercial shipment, and that's a totally different ball game. Commercial shipments need to go through a "Commercial Border" and they only process paperwork during business hours. That's the last place you want to end up, so might as well leave the SteelBooks at the border and take a loss.

Been through it for work, and even though I had all the necessary paperwork for the items, got denied entry at "Thousand Islands" because they were not a commercial point of entry, had to drive on the NY side to "Lacolle", leave the shipment there to be processed since it was after hours, and pick it up the next day once processed. Not a lot of fun.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Thanks You @jacques1400 yes, when I asked the saleswoman about having my online order sent to the store instead of the US residential address I used to use she said I could but I would have to pick it up within eight days which sounds great. Unfortunately, seeing how unpredictable things are with me getting to the USA I would hate to order it and not being able to show up to pick it up; but that my maladjustment and will have deal with on my own.

I think I was more curious as to why something like Disney steelbooks which I had no problem purchasing in the past they seem to be selling like hot cakes in the store now. For example when I had the issues with my Dumbo 2019 steelbook and they canceled my Best Buy Canadian order I was able to purchase a new one and that was a month later and the store still had four steelbooks left.

The border crossing incident is something I am familiar with because I used to work there also; for that matter bringing things over from Best Buy, Miejers, Target and various clothing and grocery stores was something I did quite often. A few times a was able to slide through the border without incident and/or questions, while a few time they would question me and there were times I would get pulled over for items less than $80 and search the car then have go on my way this after and I was coming home from work. Your explanation make sense @jacques1400 but at the time it just seemed bizarre or maybe I am paranoid because to ask me if it was for myself or if I was selling them. Again @jacques1400 thank you for you explanation and help; I think I am just tired of things not falling into place for me like they used to with steelbook purchases.

Credits
    I knew I should have went to CINEMA 1 but I just received my Code Geass- Lelouch of the Re;surrection Steelbook and unfortunately it came in a bubble envelope and the steelbook is damaged and will not stay closed. This is the main reason I waited before I start congratulating Best Buy Canada; too inconsistent.

Credits

I personally would not purchase a "Retail Wide Release" from Best Buy, Amazon ships in mailers and I rarely get a damaged SteelBook. Even if I do get one, I know it will be replaced because they carry stock.
    But that's me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I personally would not purchase a "Retail Wide Release" from Best Buy, Amazon ships in mailers and I rarely get a damaged SteelBook. Even if I do get one, I know it will be replaced because they carry stock.
    But that's me.

Your right @jacques1400, truthfully as I stated before at the the time of this steelbook being announced I was considering placing the order with CINEMA 1. But because of attitude issues with not one but two of the clerks there; I figured since ordered the previous Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion - Movie Trilogy Limited Edition SteelBook and Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - Knockin' on Heaven's Door SteelBook with no issues through BBYCAN I would do the same with the Code Geass- Lelouch of the Re;surrection Steelbook. Well I was wrong and I think I will order the Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series [Steelbook] [Blu-ray] through Amazon if and/or when the price goes down.

I also noticed if I place an order through Amazon for the Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series [Steelbook] [Blu-ray] they are offering it for $76.99 I think I may try placing an order with them.

https://www.amazon.ca/Avatar-Airbend...s%2C271&sr=8-1

Credits
    I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question; but I am curious as to if anybody has seen the regular Blurays and/or DVD's for the HBO Limited Series Watchmen and the series His Dark Materials and have been offered at Best Buy Canada. While I have seen His Dark Materials being offered at CINEMA 1 for online orders and in store copies at Walmart Canada but were sold out. Also, the HBO Limited Series Watchmen was offered at Walmart were I purchased it; but nothing was being offered at Best Buy Canada for just the regular non steelbook set. Has Best Buy Canada stopped selling new HBO series or did I just miss the preorders. I am just curious as to what is going on at Best Buy Canada when you cannot even get a non steelbook DVD/bluray item.

Credits

Even though I can't comment on your specific titles, I have noticed that an unusual amount of New Releases are simply added for Pre-Order with Limited Inventory. Once sold-out, the placeholder is simply removed from the Customer Website like it was never available.

These days, retail inventory issues are everywhere because of the Pandemic, but I had noticed the Best Buy trend prior to March.

My guess? Just like the "Planograms" they use for product placement, I'm fairly certain the same principle is used to determine stock quantities for Canada. If by chance the stock is depleted from pre-orders, then it's gone for good.
    In short, not seeing an item listed does not guarantee it was never sold at some point, but that's just my own conclusion.

Credits
    Thanks @jacques1400,

I think just for me I found it strange; this is just my maladjustment but I guess am used to seeing steelbook inventory disappear. But I am not used to regular blurays selling out. Fortunately, (knock on wood) I guess I can go to Sunrise Records and/or CINEMA 1 to pick up one in the store.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question; but I am curious as to if anybody has seen the regular Blurays and/or DVD's for the HBO Limited Series Watchmen and the series His Dark Materials and have been offered at Best Buy Canada. While I have seen His Dark Materials being offered at CINEMA 1 for online orders and in store copies at Walmart Canada but were sold out. Also, the HBO Limited Series Watchmen was offered at Walmart were I purchased it; but nothing was being offered at Best Buy Canada for just the regular non steelbook set. Has Best Buy Canada stopped selling new HBO series or did I just miss the preorders. I am just curious as to what is going on at Best Buy Canada when you cannot even get a non steelbook DVD/bluray item.
    I literally bought the Watchmen series Blu-ray on Amazon.ca today. It's on sale.
    His Dark Materials is there as well.

I'm not proud of all the shopping I'm doing on Amazon during Covid, but it's making it so that my shopping at Best Buy is very, very limited.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachuforever View Post
    I literally bought the Watchmen series Blu-ray on Amazon.ca today. It's on sale.
    His Dark Materials is there as well.

I'm not proud of all the shopping I'm doing on Amazon during Covid, but it's making it so that my shopping at Best Buy is very, very limited.
    As the saying goes @pikachuforever "we gotta do what we gotta do" there is no shame in doing online shopping with Amazon especially during Covid. I am also not that crazy about going out during this pandemic; I also saw both the Watchmen and His Dark Materials blu-ray series on Amazon and was about order it from there but I figured as I stated before would try the two brick and mortar store CINEMA 1 and SUNRISE Records that have it listed on there sites. But if they have no bluray in-store stock for His Dark Materials I will order it from Amazon.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 08-06-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Credits

Hey! 95% of my Canadian Purchases are from Amazon, can't beat some of the specials they have, or some of the stuff resellers offer.

My Best Buy purchases are strictly limited to exclusives, mind you I still buy from Best Buy US faithfully, can't beat their US operation.
    Cinema 1 does have excellent deals at times, and for Arrow BD's you can't beat Unobstructed View when they have a sale on.

I still buy quite a bit from the US, but had to cut down because of the exchange rate being so high.

Credits
    It is sad to say but when comes to comparing Best Buy USA to Best Buy CAN it is like comparing an apple to an orange or so to speak. It just seems like BBYCAN is always playing catch up to its USA counterpart and I am not just talking about steelbooks. Never thought I would be struggling to purchase from Best Buy CAN a non exclusive television series on blu-ray.

But here I am though I could use CINEMA 1's online service to order a copy. But when I have had orders I have placed in the store by a clerk come in damaged and/or misplace my order when it come in it does make me very leery about there online service.

I think I will either go there in person (glad I bought allot of face masks) and if there isn't one there I will use Amazon.

Credits
    Hey @jacques1400 I just wanted to give you a heads up seeing how there is has been no official word or listing I just placed this here; but I just wanted to inform people according to information from hidefninja.com it sounds like Best Buy USA announced they will be the getting Soul (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA] but there is no release date or price. I just hope Best Buy Canada will get its act together for 2021 and we will see an online preorder in Canada soon in addition to enough online supply so order don't get canceled.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 02-03-2021 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Removed Forum Link

Credits

Soul is available from Zavvi as we speak, and I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on this getting here at Best Buy Canada.
    Best Buy US has been cranking out SteelBooks like there's no tomorrow, and all we get is retail wide releases which I don't get from them. Sucks to be Canadian these days for SteelBooks.

Hell, I even slowed my US purchases, everything went up, shipping, SteelBooks, exchange is crap, and I get hit with State taxes to boot since I'm shipping to my forwarding address in the US.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast