Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits

I figure a couple of weeks or so, I used to go through EBates, now called "Rakuten" as a just in case thing, but I never got anything out of it.
    Amazon has lower prices, and their % fluctuates a lot, but it can go up to 10% on everything during promotions.

Actually it was only up to a maximum of 3%, and not many things fell into that category.
    Most were 1% and it was mostly for supplies rather than tangible goods.
    I thought that they would have used EBates when they cancelled their rewards program, but that never happened either.

Another cost cutting measure.....

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Nice job Best Buy Canada! Again I have to give a Kudos to them because while I will complain when Best Buy Canada and/or their distributer gets my order messed up and/or damaged. I also will acknowledge when they get things right case in point I just got my Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1-3, Avenger 4 steelbook and Avengers 4-Movie 4K Ultra HD SteelBook Collection in today and all was good; again they were packed in a large box with packing material which is expected for a large order. For the most part they arrived in good condition with no "clamp" marks on the back, no scratches, and/or spine slashes but the Avengers 4-Movie 4K holding case did have a dent which I can live with. But all things considered "Nice job Best Buy Canada" please let my other Disney orders come in good condition!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Nice job Best Buy Canada! Again I have to give a Kudos to them because while I will complain when Best Buy Canada and/or their distributer gets my order messed up and/or damaged. I also will acknowledge when they get things right case in point I just got my Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1-3, Avenger 4 steelbook and Avengers 4-Movie 4K Ultra HD SteelBook Collection in today and all was good; again they were packed in a large box with packing material which is expected for a large order. For the most part they arrived in good condition with no "clamp" marks on the back, no scratches, and/or spine slashes but the Avengers 4-Movie 4K holding case did have a dent which I can live with. But all things considered "Nice job Best Buy Canada" please let my other Disney orders come in good condition!

Seems like the Avengers collection people are getting in bubble mailers and dented and hacked to ****.

Credits

What do you want for $170.00?

So far Iron Man 2 and Thor Dark World are dented and going back, I had duplicate orders from BB US, so I should be good.
    If the Avengers set is damaged, I'll be seriously pissed because ordering it from BB US is serious coin, but I can guarantee you that one ding and it will go back!!!!

Credits
    Well all my marvel movies received today were pretty good, but again, except the avengers collection. Its pretty banged up, and i received it in a big box and all. Wondering if it was not in the best buy factory itself that they were not careful, and not just during shipping
    Sucks considering the amount of $ it costs

Credits

Of course it's from their logistics/warehouse people, there is no other explanation for an item to be received damaged when it's shipped in a box the size of a toaster oven.

My Avengers set also showed up in a mailer, and is all banged up, so that's going back.
    Such a waste.....

Credits
    Hey guys....

Has anyone else had problems with Best Buy processing your payments when pre-ordering using PayPal???? (This has ALWAYS been my form of Payment)

I got really lucky... I had pre-ordered Avengers and the Halloween steelbooks pretty much the day they were released to the site only to have Best Buy have problems processing my payment (money in account not being the issue - and even if there were $0 my credit card is the secondary form of payment)... They did notify me in advance of the issue but even through the website I continued to get errors when I attempted to change my form of payment directly to my credit card. They ended up cancelling 3 of my orders (Avengers x 2 Halloween x 1) without even notifying me via email the day after they were to ship...

Luckily they still had both available on the website which should be received today (Used my credit card direct) - now to see if they are damaged like many others have complained recently about

Credits

@Scotty_Whispers

I strictly use PayPal with Best Buy CA and never had an issue, but I did get something weird with the Halloween and Avengers orders prior to the shipping day.
    For some weird reason I received a second set of PayPal authorization messages "You submitted an order in the amount of $xx.xx CAD to Best Buy" for those orders.
    I knew I had not placed any new order, so I checked my PayPal account and it said something to the respect that these were just temporary authorizations on prior purchases to ensure that my purchase went through.

I ran into this with Zavvi over the summer, who also have extra long pre-order dates. I received a notice that my method of payment (PayPal) had been declined and to review my payment method. I simply re-processed the payment and issue resolved.

I know that PayPal authorizations lapse if not taken within a certain timeframe, my guess is that the Best Buy pre-orders were made available too early and that was the end result.

In my case they simply worked directly with PayPal to get an extension I guess, but either way they should have notified you that your payment method had been declined.

Credits
    Horrible Customer Service... Just thankful I didn't get completely screwed...

Credits
    Is there a thread or something on ordering from BB US? I just tried to order something (using MyUS.com for shipping) and had my order cancelled because it "couldn't validate details".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    Is there a thread or something on ordering from BB US? I just tried to order something (using MyUS.com for shipping) and had my order cancelled because it "couldn't validate details".
    I would in fact be very interested in knowing how it works too, I didn't know such a thing even existed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CGKid91 View Post
    I would in fact be very interested in knowing how it works too, I didn't know such a thing even existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    @Wavey Dave @CGKid91

I am not familiar with MyUS.com but since international orders are intended for use in the U.S., it is assumed that products will be used in the U.S. Best Buy does not ship to known freight forwarders; I have placed a link below. But from my experience you have two options have your order shipped to a mailing address within the 50 United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam or an APO/FPO address and/or pick up your order at any U.S. store or choose to have someone else pick up your order. Basically you can send it to a friend or family members address who lives in the USA or place a in store order and have them pick it up; but you need a US mailing address or have someone you know who lives in the US pick it up for you.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-to...at204400050019

Credits

Shopping Best Buy US

Been doing this since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

1. You cannot shop Best Buy US using a Canadian Credit card as is, and unless something changed this month, PayPal for International orders is not an accepted method of payment.

2. You obviously need to create an account with your name as it appears on your credit card, and planned US shipping address. Phone number should also match what's on file with your credit card.

3. The billing address needs to be EXACTLY as follows:

10780 KEMPWOOD DR
    HOUSTON, TX 77043

Important: the help document address shows Kempwood Dr. (with a "."), do not enter the period after "Dr" otherwise it will always give you an invalid billing address error.

4. I never used any forwarding company, but on a quick glance many of the stores listed on the front page of MyUS.com already have International Shipping available (at a cheaper rate), and BEST BUY is not listed as one of the stores they can help you with. As stated, they won't ship to known forwarders, so that could be the "why."

5. Shipping from the US to Canada via USPS is ludicrous, and thanks to Trump, expect to pay the state tax on your purchase, unless it is shipped directly to you outside the USA, this applies to any purchase including eBay, not optional.

For casual buyers, you're probably better off looking for group buys, or as much as I hate to say this since I hate them with a passion, hoarders on eBay.

Credits

Forwarders

Here are other forwarders if that's your thing, there are plenty going around:

http://www.borderlinx.com/US/en/

https://www.usgobuy.com/en/about-us.html

http://www.nybox.com

http://www.stackry.com

None of these services are free, even though they hint at "free" pretty often.
    Duties/tariffs, if applicable & HST/PST are automatically pre-charged on each shipment, so expect to pay them.

Credits
    Thanks guys.

On my second failed attempt I noticed the overseas billing address stuff, but after 3 cancellations I'm pretty sure that using a forwarder is the issue. I'm kinda scuppered due to needing someone else to deliver to. At the moment, I'm not really inclined to drive from the north of the GTA to Buffalo just for a few Steelbooks!

Did win an eBay auction on the 4K "Captain America: The First Avenger" Steelbook at a not too exorbitant price so maybe I'll see if I can do the same with GoTG; although I'll keep an eye on BB Can and also Zavvi.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast