Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post

At the moment, I'm not really inclined to drive from the north of the GTA to Buffalo just for a few Steelbooks!
    Hey @Wavey Dave,

I can agree with you on that statement because even though if you went there; you have no guarantee they would have them in stock. Because I went to the Best Buy in Allen Park MI expecting to get my hands on the steelbook for Godzilla: King of the Monsters; unfortunately they had none in stock and the closest Best Buy were I could pick up a copy would in a Michigan store near Toledo OHIO. They clerk did say they may have some in maybe in week to a month; unfortunately I cannot drive there every week to find out.

Credits

Cull Obsidian

I don't see why you would need to drive to the States for nothing, all you need to do is purchase a copy online if you have an account and either have it delivered to the store of your choice, or if you check online it will show you stock anyway.
    If your store location has a copy, simply purchase it and select pickup at store.

BB US is different than Canada, they don't reserve, you purchase the item and it's held for you, if after so many days you don't pick it up, it's put back in stock and you get a refund.

I've done this many times when availability is "Store Pickup Only"

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Sorry @jacques1400, but I neglected to mention the fact that my main purpose for the trip not mainly to go to Best Buy US. But was to take my brother to the Detroit Metro Airport and seeing how there was a BBY store 10 min from there I decided at the last minute to stop in and in my hubris I figured I would be able to find a steelbook copy of Godzilla:King of the Monsters there like I did with Dumbo 2019 and Detective Pikachu. As you read I was wrong; I do have an online account with Best Buy USA and have had on numerous account reserved items like Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns at this store. But seeing how our decision to go state side is usually made on the spur of the moment; my decision to go to Best Buy is made on the fly so if I am able to find what I want I am happy; if not I am a little disappointed but not that much because from past experience I know I will see it later on in that store or another. Today I gambled and lost; but tomorrow will be different. I do thank you for your help and I appreciate it very much!!!

Credits

Cull Obsidian

You're welcome, point of note that Godzilla is back in stock for shipping, so if you're interested now is the time.
    I personally ordered 2 copies.

Credits

Disney SteelBooks

Take a good look at your SteelBooks when you get them, looks like the "Clamp" mark is back.
    It's not as pronounced, at least from what I can tell without opening them, but there's definitely something there.
    One copy even has a slight bend on the front cover opposite the clamp mark.
    IMO this suggests that it's due to the warehouse picker simply pulling forward on the SteelBooks from their storage racks, instead of lifting them up and out.

The inside circle is an actual dent, I tried to get a shot of it, unfortunately with the reflection, it's pretty hard to get a good view, again it's not a major dent, but they all seem to have it, and that's not right.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Take a good look at your SteelBooks when you get them, looks like the "Clamp" mark is back.
    It's not as pronounced, at least from what I can tell without opening them, but there's definitely something there.
    One copy even has a slight bend on the front cover opposite the clamp mark.
    IMO this suggests that it's due to the warehouse picker simply pulling forward on the SteelBooks from their storage racks, instead of lifting them up and out.

What movie? Hope not Aladdin.

Credits

The Disney re-issues in 4K, Cars, Nemo, Dory, etc...

Credits
    Thanks @jacques1400,

That is wonderful news; so we can should we can expect damages on all the Pixar releases. Are there any other damages like steelbooks that cannot close because they have defective clamps.

Also, I was looking at hidefninja.com and people are announcing BBY US Disney steelbook releases for these movies.

Zootopia (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103627/

Moana (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103626/

Big Hero 6 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103623/

Tangled (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103625/

The Princess and the Frog (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community...ve-usa.103624/

At this time I can find nothing on the Best Buy USA website but the individual who has announced these titles is stating a November 5,2019 release date so we can expect to see something this month so everybody keep your eyes open.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 09-22-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Credits
    lol people gonna have to get another mortgage just for steelbooks. Just wait till 8k gets released Disney will re-release there catalogue in 8K steelbooks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    lol people gonna have to get another mortgage just for steelbooks. Just wait till 8k gets released Disney will re-release there catalogue in 8K steelbooks
    Lol I knew @leprekon there was a reason that I did not run off and buy a 4K UHD player and/or television. At this point the only I am purchasing half these movies at this time is because I missed out on them when they were first released; I do not plan on buying them if they are released to 8K.

Credits

It's all marketing for home theaters, because they obviously need something new and improved in order to sell Screens and players.
    I'll splurge for 8K SteelBooks if it becomes reality, but unless something blows up, I'm not upgrading any of my components for the sake of playing them.

As for the dents in the SteelBooks, some of you might not mind having a small dent, in other words unless you are OCD it might not matter. Myself, I choose to return them simply because I have duplicates coming from the US.

I just find it a real sad that for $50 a pop, the best you can expect are damaged goods!

Credits
    I have 3 TVs and only 1 is 4k (not UHD though as I didn’t know about it) and 1 4k Bluray player. So I’m not upgrading unless I need a new tv or get the new Xbox/ps console which will have 8k.

Credits
    So after inspection of my 8 Aladdin’s (4 on each order) noticed a spine slash, one with paint line on spine missing, one dent on front bottom some with ripped plastic which looks like scratches. I opened one to notice the Disney dent which was hard to see on black with plastic wrap. I tore on the back of 3 where the Disney dent would be and 2 didn’t have one and 1 did. The 2 that didn’t have one, 1 was the spine slash and the other was iffy on. This is just such a pain. At least Aladdin is debossed (I think that’s what when the title is indented correct?)

Credits

Embossed is raised lettering from the surface, Debossed is the opposite, sunk lettering.
    I received all the other Disney's today, and they all had the "Disney Dent".

I'm starting to wonder if the Disney dent is not simply a manufacturing flaw, because nothing makes sense. The quality is crap to begin with.

Spine slashes have always been a mystery, simply because nobody was ever able to figure out where they happened in the fabricating process, unless the cello is also cut, which narrows it down to the warehouse or store level.

Either way, BB won't address the issues, which is really a shame.

Credits
    I’m going to call them to request a discount on this. I looked at all of them and not one single copy is perfect. The best one is the one I opened since it’s on the back. Either I take a Disney dent or a scratch on the bottom front without a dent on the back. Hope they actually have stock in store but I don’t think they do since I can’t reserve in store.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast