Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

@pikachuforever

I'll be honest with you, it doesn't matter if it's shipped in a mailer or a box.

I'm swaying towards their logistics or warehouse handling, but the odds of the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup are better than getting a visibly undamaged SteelBook, no matter boxed or not.

They've been switching back and forth since the fall, and whichever warehouse in Ontario is handling orders for my area is pretty much shipping damaged goods 8 out of 10 times.

Contacting CS doesn't help either, you get the usual canned responses and maybe a discount offer, but nothing changes. I even tried their social platforms without any success.

Sorry, Thank You for shopping Best Buy!!!!!

Is there another Ontario warehouse besides Brampton one? As far as I can recall there’s only Brampton, Ontario & Richmond, BC.

Credits

Not sure, things change a lot in a couple years or so.

I'm not even sure why they would even have a warehouse, like most large retailers, the trend is have the manufacturer drop ship directly, and the size of their 3Rd. party re-seller base way exceeds what they sell directly, without any other involvement than taking a cut for posting the item & handling the transaction.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Well one thing we can count on is for Best Buy to do things backwards and they are keeping that tradition going into 2019! It makes no sense them selling 137 Steelbooks through their third party MarketPlace and 51 Steelbooks sold directly through Best Buy. I have complained about this and their packages ad nauseam since the start of this thread; over the last two months I have received The Predator, Men In Black Trilogy 4K, Venom all in boxes and the Star Trek Discovery in an envelope with a dent and a scratch were it was promptly returned. The only thing I can say is when I ordered steelbooks from the Best Buy in the USA; they have been mailed in either a bubble wrap envelope and/or a small sturdy rigid cardboard envelope with some sort of inner ridges (for lack of a better description) for cushion; never in a oversized box for just one steelbook.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Receive what copy from Bestbuy? My Venom came in bubble mailer, my MI came in a box I believe. I order 4 but I think they are just getting really lazy. Always have to have extras with this joke of a company. My next one is Bohemian Rhapsody so this better come in a box.
    I originally posted in the Halloween thread, and it was moved here. So I was inquiring about Halloween.

Everything I ordered all year came in boxes (I usually get 3 per order). But Fallout came in a bubble mailer and was dented to high heaven, and Halloween was shipped in a bubble mailer too. Haven't opened to check and see what it looks like yet. Hoping the extra dents on Fallout were because of the strike.

I just hate that the only real solution at this point is to outright just stop buying them. They're expensive enough already, but if they're coming damaged, then what's the point?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachuforever View Post
    Did anyone receive their copy from Best Buy Canada yet? Told it came in a bubble mailer again, like my dented copies of Mission: Impossible - Fallout that I raised hell over with Customer Service. Hoping this isn't the case, but does anyone know why they are suddenly not shipping in boxes anymore? Were the massive amount of complaints not enough to steer them clear of pulling these shenanigans again?
    I did not order Halloween steelbook; but from my last few orders like Venom they came in a box with bubble wrap. Better indication when future steelbook orders come in as to what they are doing concerning packaging.

Credits

So here is the answer, YES Bubble mailer & YES the BB batting average is consistent!!!
    To boot, I can't re-order because the listing was removed when I checked.

Looks like another State side purchase........

Sorry for the crappy pic BTW, but you can't miss the damage.

Last edited by jacques1400; 01-16-2019 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Added Comments

Credits
    Shipping damaged goods; Best Buy is keeping the tradition going into 2019! Really sorry to see that sort of damage; on your steelbook that is truly up. Are you going to ask for a replacement; because last night I briefly did see in-store stock here in Windsor now I don't see it listed or are you just your money back.

Credits
    Haven't checked my copies yet, but not surprised at all. I called CS and received some money back, but not pleased that they took the listing down already -- especially because they dropped the price from $39.99 to $34.99 earlier in the AM.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 01-16-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Credits

@pikachuforever
    @Cull Obsidian

I hope you got your $5.00 before they zapped the listing, otherwise whatever discount you got is meaningless.

As far as my copy goes, it's going back and I'll order a copy or two from Best Buy US, at least with them I know it wont be damaged goods.

Credits

Not to beat a dead horse, but I order from Europe and of course the US in fairly large quantities monthly.

For US orders, it's shipped from the store via USPS media mail to my stocking location, then repackaged into a large prepaid USPS Express box and forwarded on to me. I can count on one hand the amount of damaged SteelBooks I receive in a year.
    I'm not counting Target orders which are very minimal, and pretty much guaranteed to be destroyed by the time they reach my stocking location anyway.

UK to me directly (across the pond, 2 carriers):

Mississauga to me from BB (50K away, one carrier):

Draw your own conclusions.

Credits
    Correct me if I am wrong but after Future Shop closed and Best Buy Canada took over the sale of steenbooks I recall our orders being sent in these sturdy cardboard envelops.

That was before they switched to these useless bubble wrap envelopes which really makes no sense; but I will say that the Best Buy USA has sent steelbook shipments in these envelops and came in good condition so what gives.

Credits
    @Crom71 @leprekon @jacques1400

What chapter of Best Buy Canada Dummies Guide How To Scam Our Customers Vol. 1 does this fall under because not trying to get off topic. But you also noticed that titles like The Predator (Limited Edition) (Steel Book) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2228850.aspx? is still available for online order but it is not with the rest of the steelbooks someone is not paying attention.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    @Crom71 @leprekon @jacques1400

What chapter of Best Buy Canada Dummies Guide How To Scam Our Customers Vol. 1 does this fall under because not trying to get off topic. But you also noticed that titles like The Predator (Limited Edition) (Steel Book) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2228850.aspx? is still available for online order but it is not with the rest of the steelbooks someone is not paying attention.
    Lol I didn’t even know it was still available since it doesn’t show up on Steelbook searches. Bestbuy pays attention, they know what they are doing. It’s like Pinky & The Brain, "Gee Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?" Brain: "The same thing we do every night, mess with Steelbook consumers!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Lol I didn’t even know it was still available since it doesn’t show up on Steelbook searches. Bestbuy pays attention, they know what they are doing. It’s like Pinky & The Brain, "Gee Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?" Brain: "The same thing we do every night, mess with Steelbook consumers!
    Thanks for the laugh, leprekon!

Credits

On Best Buy Canada's behalf, it applies to the US as well.
    Both sites require 2 searches to get all the results.

For Canada:

Search "Steelbook" & "only at Best Buy"

For US:

Search "Steelbook" & "only @ Best Buy"

Note that Best Buy US requires the "@" character, not sure why or if they did finally correct it.
    Using "at" strictly yielded older titles still lingering around at one point.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast