Thanks Thanks:  126
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Bestbuy pays attention, they know what they are doing. It’s like Pinky & The Brain, "Gee Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?" Brain: "The same thing we do every night, mess with Steelbook consumers!
    Yup, that pretty much sum things up at Best Buy Canada and Steelbooks at this time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom71 View Post
    Thanks for the laugh, leprekon!
    No problem lol, but also sad it’s true.

Credits

As much as I criticize Best Buy Canada because of their shortcomings, I nave no qualms in praising them when they do in fact meet my expectations.

Received 3 separate shipments today, The Little Mermaid, Ralph Breaks the Internet & Captain America and all were received in Pristine condition. I'm sure someone will ask the question, they were shipped in boxes.

As I mentioned previously, boxes or mailer have not been a factor in respect to damages in my case, so I don't really care how it gets shipped, as long as I get an undamaged product I'm good.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I have to agree with you on that one @ jacques1400 Best Buy Canada does have it's moments they sent my steelbooks for Ralph Breaks the Internet & Captain America in one box and The Little Mermaid steelbook in another box all in excellent condition. I just wish same thing could be said about them and Disney steelbook title; it is either feast or famine with them. Seeing how they started the year with a strong start with the Disney steelbooks releases then it seems they have just petered out; I was hoping we would see titles like in the form of Mary Poppins Returns and/or Mary Poppins.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 02-27-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one @ jacques1400 Best Buy Canada does have it's moments they sent my steelbooks for Ralph Breaks the Internet & Captain America in one box and The Little Mermaid steelbook in another box all in excellent condition. I just wish same thing could be said about them and Disney steelbook title; it is either feast or famine with them. Seeing how they started the year with a strong start with the Disney steelbooks releases then it seems they have just petered out; I was hoping we would see titles like in the form of Mary Poppins Returns and/or Mary Poppins.
    They seem to have amped up their steelbook game substantially since the beginning of the year, and are starting to do a better and more efficient job shipping them to us, and we're still complaining about the few that aren't showing up? Will we ever be satisfied?

Credits
    @pikachuforever

I'm not so sure that it was a complaint as much as it was a statement of disappointment.

Agreed, we can no longer expect BB CA to dominate the SteelBook market in North America like FS did, and it's an error to compare the US offerings to ours. I will give BB CA an "A" for effort so far for the year, even though many of the titles sell out in a few days or disappear within the same period.

As for shipping, time will tell if the issue is resolved (I have my doubts,) I still believe they play Frisbee with the stock in their logistics department anyway.

As for the SteelBook community, well...... you can't make everybody happy no matter what's done, it's human nature.

Credits
    Well as much as I openly state my disappointment about Best Buy Canada when it comes them not getting enough Steelbooks of movies distributed and produced by one particular company. But I have no problem praising them when they do in fact meet my expectations when it comes to shipping (knock on wood) at this time my Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion - Movie Trilogy Limited Edition SteelBook came shipped in a box in impeccable condition. Keep up the great job Best Buy Canada!!!

Credits
    Hey guys, just a heads up, dont know if you knew. But i just came back from a best buy store for a steelbook refund (i buy 2 in case one is damaged), and the lovely lady at the store told me that best buy is doing shipment directly from the stores. So the best buy closest to your home is the one that ships your goodie. If you have a comment on how you want them to ship your items, i suggest to go and tell them. Thats what she told me. When i returned the steelbooks, she asked me which method was the best for the steelbooks. thats when she told about their shipment method.

Hope it can help you with the damaged cases

Credits

@CGKid91

First for me, my last shipments came from Mississauga.

I would definitely take this with a grain of salt, many times information passed on to stores is not entirely factual.
    If it is accurate, that opens up a whole new can of worms since it's wrong on so many levels.

The last outfit that was shipping from stores was HMV Canada (shipping from their Yonge street store) as a last ditch effort, and we all know how that turned out. Would I be comfortable having the "Geek Squad" packing my shipments? HELLLLLLL NO.

If the information is accurate:

Obviously they are reducing or eliminating the warehouse & logistics in favour of drop shipping from manufacturers which is a retail trend these days, not a good sign.

Re-assigning an online order for fulfillment by integrating customer orders with store replenishment is a recipe for disaster, unless each order is pre-packaged which would defeat the purpose anyway. Any other way would require to fully assign stock to stores, with low volume stores getting less in favour of the major centres receiving the bulk.
    In other words, good luck getting one if you live outside major cities.

If stores start shipping orders, then they would be issued directives and processes to follow, it would not be discretionary to individual stores and subject to customer preferences anyway.

I'm fairly certain that whomever this lady was probably had some miscommunication about some coming changes, but this is Best Buy Canada, anything is possible......

Credits
    I do not know what has happened but it seems the current trend at Best Buy Canada for online preorder is that you better reserve the steelbook the first day it shows up online. Because Captain Marvel Steelbook, the Toy Story 1-3 4K UHD SteelBooks and the Cinderella 4K UHD SteelBook are no longer available for online pre-order. I guess when someone says a Disney Steelbook is available for online pre-order you better go go go; before the steelbook in question is gone, gone, gone.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 04-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Credits
    @Cull Obsidian

At first, I thought it was because they didnt want to show an item for pre-order that is already "sold out" so early in its pre-order life, so I kinda undestood that from a business perspective (didnt agree, but KINDA understood). But now, they also removed the cinderella pre-order, which was still available for pre-order, as was Captain Marvel if im not mistaken.

Now, im at a lost as to why some items disappear for no reason. Because of Disney I guess ?

Credits

The Disappearing listings is probably a System or IT issue as far as I can tell, Best Buy in the US is notorious for this.
    Things are there one day, gone the next, It's probably caused by system or listing updates.

Now, Best Buy Canada does go a step further by deleting "Sold-Out" items pretty fast, my guess is that their CS desk gets swamped with inquiries about replenishment, so deleting the listing resolves that problem.

This is just my theory on the matter from personal observations, I could be way out in left field.

As for the very low quantities, that's a question mark, but I can't help and notice that the same thing occurs with Sunrise and their exclusives.

Credits
    @CGKid91 @jacques1400

You both bring up good points; I am at a loss also but for me it seems to be a Disney thing because I still see Shazam up for online preorders and it is sold out. All I can say if you got your order in be glad; because it seems DC Extended Universe, Marvel Cinematic Universe and Walt Disney Movies get sold out quite fast.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    @jacques1400 @leprekon
    But when certain items like both versions 1950 or 2015 versions of the Cinderella Steelbook and the Toy Story 4K UHD 1-3 Steelbooks are not even showing up on the BBY USA online site it does have one wondering what is going on. Oh well just going to sit hear and wait; maybe things are changing for the better at BBY CAN when it come to getting Disney steelbooks.
    Well it seems some Disney steelbooks that I incorrectly speculated might be a BBY CAN exclusive like the Toy Story 4K UHD 1-3 Steelbooks https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys are now starting to show up on the Best Buy USA site. Hopefully they will post the Cinderella (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo) (2015) and/or the Cinderella (1950) Bluray/DVD Combo to finally confirm if we are actually getting both or if this another BBY CAN mistake.

Credits
    Nice Job!!! Best Buy Canada just updated their online website and it is finally starting to look like the Best Buy USA online site. It will take a couple of days to get accustomed to this new look especially when it comes to looking at the status of my online preorders. But I love the new upgraded site.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/categor...%253aSteelBook

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast