Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Pacific Rim - Uprising Exclusives

Target & Sunrise SteelBook, Best Buy US/CA 4K/3D Combo, Street Date June 18, 2018.

Target // Sunrise

Best Buy CA // Best Buy US

Last edited by jacques1400; 06-15-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added Best Buy

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I went to see Pacific Rim Uprising and for the most part I enjoyed it; while not as good as the original created by Guillermo del Toro. It is like the first one it's giant robots punching giant aliens so what more can you expect? This is the first steelbook I ever bought from Future Shop was the steelbook for Pacific Rim and what got me interested in collecting steelbooks. I am hoping that Best Buy Canada and/or Sunrise Records offers the steelbook for this when it comes out.

Credits

Just a reminder, Target does ship to Canada for certain items through a forwarding company. I tried them about a year after Target left Canada and their prices were not too bad.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Just a reminder, Target does ship to Canada for certain items through a forwarding company. I tried them about a year after Target left Canada and their prices were not too bad.

Thank you @Jacques1400,

I am aware that there's an international Target site that you can order from and lists prices in CAD so if you want to order it, you can. But the operative word is certain item to Canada. Because the problem is when I tried to order the Stranger Things Season 1 4K/Bluray and /or the Bluray/DVD it stated it was a Target US exclusive and would not allow me to finish my online order; so I had to ask for it as a Christmas present from my brother who lives in the USA. I did receive the Bluray/DVD combo that is why I hope that Sunrise Records is able to obtain the rights to this in Canada.

Credits

Sunrise Records

Sunrise announced they will carry the Pacific Rim SteelBook offered by Target in the US.
    #SunriseExclusive

https://twitter.com/sunriserecords/s...06938579902464

Credits
    Wish it was a 4K release though

Credits
    Thanks for the update I am surprised that the Best Buy in the US is not offering this in a Steelbook; they are offering something called a UHD-BD-3D-PACIFIC RIM UPRISING SUPER EXC.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/uhd-bd-...?skuId=6240902

At any rate I am just glad to see Sunrise Records carrying this steelbook; I called today to see if I could reserve one in advance but was told it was not in the stores system and suggested that I call two weeks in advance before the release day to see about having one held for me. That is what I call awesome customer service; keep up the great work.

Credits

They can't really offer a SteelBook right now simply because Target has the exclusivity, doesn't mean they won't later if it was popular.
    As for this BB exclusive, it simply looks like it's because it has a 3D disc included with the 4K Combo, which is an unusual combination.
    It might have a Lenticular Slipcover being a 3D, but that's simply speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Thanks for the update I am surprised that the Best Buy in the US is not offering this in a Steelbook; they are offering something called a UHD-BD-3D-PACIFIC RIM UPRISING SUPER EXC.

Credits

Unfortunately Target is not really big with the 4K SteelBooks for some reason, probably to keep the price low.
    All stores are pretty consistent in exclusive offers:

BB is SteelBooks with 4K offerings
    Target is Extra Content with Exclusive packaging including DigiBooks, mostly 2K releases
    Walmart is basically Exclusive packaging and swag/plush & gizmos.

Since Sunrise took over from HMV, they also continue to provide some of the same offerings which were Target exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazintrini View Post
    Wish it was a 4K release though

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post

At any rate I am just glad to see Sunrise Records carrying this steelbook; I called today to see if I could reserve one in advance but was told it was not in the stores system and suggested that I call two weeks in advance before the release day to see about having one held for me. That is what I call awesome customer service; keep up the great work.
    Cull Obsidian they have it in there system as I just left my Sunrise and put my name down. Funny they don’t have the Fifty Shades Freed in there system yet.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Cull Obsidian they have it in there system as I just left my Sunrise and put my name down. Funny they don’t have the Fifty Shades Freed in there system yet.
    Thanks @ Leprekon for the update it must of just showed up on their system I will try giving them a call again tomorrow see if they will put my name down to reserve a copy.

Credits
    Forgot to mention the price is $29.99. Asked them when I reserved a copy.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Forgot to mention the price is $29.99. Asked them when I reserved a copy.
    Leprekon,

I just called on the phone and I now have a copy on reserve; unfortunately they don’t have the 4K Serenity Steelbook in there their system yet so I was told to call next week to see if it is there to reserve.

Credits

Best Buy Exclusive

Added the Best Buy CA/US Exclusive which is a 4K/2K/3D/DC.

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...367#post240367

Credits

Just a heads-up, Sunrise SteelBook and BB CA exclusive being released this Tuesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast