Thanks Thanks:  13
    Credits

Sunrise Records SteelBooks & Exclusives

Fifty Shades Freed 2D May 8, 2018
    Pacific Rim: Uprising 2k/DVD/Digital June 19th $29.99

Doesn't look like we'll be getting any exclusives from Fox unfortunately. They have more in the coming months to announce but are checking in on what they can announce!

Here’s a pic of the conversation I had with them on twitter
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2083A080-5F9F-4F52-B7B5-D1B06EC98473.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	22084
    Last edited by leprekon; 04-30-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Updated List added Price

Credits
    @Leprekon,

Thank You for the update and checking in with Sunrise Records. I gather from this notice of not getting any exclusives from Fox this means we will not be receiving Maze Runner: The Death Cure, The Shape of Water and/or The Greatest Showman Steelbooks just to name a few. Truly sad news indeed and while I am not that upset that a smaller chain store like Sunrise Records is not able to receive every title that comes out. I am upset that Best Buy Canada which is nothing more than a water down version of of the BBYUSA store; seems to be getting nothing in terms of steelbook exclusive. For that matter they do not seem to be receiving to much in terms of DVD and Bluray items for example the Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] https://www.bestbuy.com/site/avatar-...?skuId=6204045 and the Firefly: 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] https://www.bestbuy.com/site/firefly...?skuId=5992908 just two examples at the top of my head. I guess I will be placing online preorders to the Best Buy US because as you have stated in your conversation it truly does seem like the death of the steelbook exclusive in Canada.

EDIT: Best Buy USA is only allowing for online preorder and in store pickup of The Greatest Showman Steelbooks and for the steelbook of the Maze Runner: The Death Cure I cannot even place a online pre-order for this movie so I guess I will miss out on both of these.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 04-09-2018 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Needed to add extra information.

Credits
    @ Cull Obsidian

The Last Airbender is Available from Amazon CA

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    @ Cull Obsidian

The Last Airbender is Available from Amazon CA
    Thank you for the update @Jacques1400 on Avatar: The Last Airbender The Complete Series Blu-ray I greatly appreciate that. I think I will also inquire to see if Sunrise Records and/or CINEMA 1 will also carry this title. Best to exhaust all my Brick and Mortar retail options in Canada before I go to the online retailers. Thank you again!!!

Credits
    Pacific Rim: Uprising
    Last edited by leprekon; 04-26-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Pacific Rim: Uprising Attachment 22090
    @ Leprekon,

Seems kind of fitting seeing how BBY Canada did not carry the first Pacific Rim Steelbook but FutureShop did; BBYC also would not carry it this time but Sunrise Records will carry this title. Also it might be best to call a week in advance to see if whatever store is in your area will hold you a copy for you.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    @ Leprekon,

Seems kind of fitting seeing how BBY Canada did not carry the first Pacific Rim Steelbook but FutureShop did; BBYC also would not carry it this time but Sunrise Records will carry this title. Also it might be best to call a week in advance to see if whatever store is in your area will hold you a copy for you.

Yea I know. I never got the first one let alone seen it. I will get this one but I’ll be calling ahead of time to reserve a copy once they have it in there system. I know the fifty shades freed still isn’t in there system. I got the first steelbook so i might as well get the third one.

Credits

Does anyone know what SteelBooks are/were released this month?
    I just saw a tweet from someone holding a Sunrise Exclusive of "Beetlejuice", so I'm not too sure what others are being offered.

Credits

I just saw a tweet from someone holding a Sunrise Exclusive of "Beetlejuice", so I'm not too sure what others are being offered.

No idea and with your previous Galaxy Quest thread about the steelbook being released at Sunrise Records they need to improve their marketing when it comes to steelbook exclusives. One good thing is seeing how you have to go into the store to purchase them you at least do not have worry about it becoming paradise for scalpers like Best Buy.

Look like it was also releases by Sunrise.

https://www.sunriserecords.com/produ...ann-steelbook/

Credits

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/it-stee...?skuId=6354151

I did see this behind the counter of my local Sunrise. Around the first week of September. I think it was $29.99.

Credits
    Got a email and saw that Gremlins & The Shining are 4K steelbooks available now in limited quantities.

Credits

Yep, got that newsletter too, good luck getting a copy!!!
    Release date was Tuesday, and each store got a handful, price goes up Today if you do find one that has stock.

I don't even know why they bother, I understand that they're a music store foremost, I get it.
    All kinds of emails from them pushing Funko's, Swag & Vinyl with a few movies thrown in, and a side note for an exclusive SteelBook somewhere in small print.