Thanks Thanks:  12
    Credits

Avengers - Infinity War Exclusives

Best Buy US & Canada SteelBooks, Street Date August 21, 2018.

Best Buy US // Best Buy CA English // Best Buy CA Bilingual

Last edited by jacques1400; 07-10-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added BB CA

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Thank you Jacques1400 for the update! I would of loved to see the Avengers A logo on the front in keeping with with last two steelbooks; but maybe have this logo crumbling or broken then have this Thanos art on the back.

But at any rate I am still going to purchase this and I know I said this in another thread. But I guess if Black Panther is any indication of how things will be listed for online pre-order it will be safe to say that Best Buy Canada may have this listed two months later. Pity we do not have BBYTerence to ask about this.

Credits
    BB Canada just waited for the official Blu-Ray/DVD announcement/press release date for Black Panther. Generally speaking, if they didn't put some listings up at the movie release date then they appear to wait for the official physical media announcement.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    BB Canada just waited for the official Blu-Ray/DVD announcement/press release date for Black Panther. Generally speaking, if they didn't put some listings up at the movie release date then they appear to wait for the official physical media announcement.
    So as we have all noticed we can speculate from the two most recent Marvel movies like Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther which has a street date of May 15, 2018 we can expect a three to four month window in mind, which it is safe to speculate that the Avengers - Infinity War UHD, Blu-ray and/or DVD will drop sometime in August. I still may place a online pre-order at BBY US for the Avengers - Infinity War Steelbook just to be on the safe side.

Credits
    It seems that Disney has given a release date for the Avengers: Infinity War and it will will hit digital platforms on July 31, 2018, and be released on Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K on August 14, 2018. Hopefully this means we will get a steelbook online preorder notification for Avengers: Infinity War from Best Buy Canada within the next few days or next two weeks.

https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-i...gital-release/
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 05-21-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Added Information

Credits
    You would've thought by now something would have been posted for this on BBCAN.... The new online business model is garbage.... Looks more and more like we'll need to rely on the States for these type of specialty cases...

Credits

Best Buy Canada is sinking faster than the Titanic did, it's actually turned into a disguised cheaper version of eBay.
    There are more re-seller listings than actual Best Buy products, and I'm not simply talking physical media.

The only times I actually go to a store is for a return or exchange, and it's a ghost town with employees all huddled together shooting the $hit with phones in hand.

Credits
    Well seeing how the Black Panther was released for Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD on May 15 by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment; then it was released for online pre-order on April 14,2018 at Best Buy Canada. I would guess the same hopefully would be true for Avengers: Infinity War because the last I heard it is scheduled to be released on digital download by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on July 31, 2018, and on Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD on August 14. So I would guess and hope it may show up for online pre-order at Best Buy Canada on July 14, 2018; but as you stated with Best Buy Canada is sinking faster than the Titanic did nothing is guaranteed with them.

Credits
    Not sure why the conclusion is always "BB Canada is going down the tubes". I do not think there has been an official announcement yet - listings for the standard editions are not available at BBC or Amazon yet.

Credits
    @ Wavey Dave

I agree, and I've always give credit where credit is due.
    Now, in respect to my particular statement this is what concerns me using a search "Only at Best Buy":

Their website, new product updates and general functionality is less than optimal, so these figures might be skewed, but still staggering none the less.

Problem with Best Buy is that Canada is rolled in with Mexico under "International Sales", and this year the emphasis was placed on expanding in Mexico, not Canada.

Here is the Q1 corporate results, International is at the bottom:

http://investors.bestbuy.com/investo...s/default.aspx

Growth is slow, and the total profits even though slightly up from last year, are taking a beating because of the currency exchange rate to USD being low. Cost of operations is also taking a hit because of new services implementation.

Here are all the facts that I used, you can draw your own conclusions.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	22104  

Credits
    Not expanding does not mean the sky is falling - digging around investor sentiment (which generally seems to be a "buy" for the whole group at the moment) indicates that BB International growth was reasonably high from 2017 to 2018.

I'm at a loss to understand what the issue is with highlighted elements from your web capture at the moment.

Anyway, my point was that it appears that nobody is presently listing any standard edition BRD or DVD's for the title. I expectation would be that BBC would list any Steelbook exclusives at the same time as they list the standard editions.

Credits

Like I said, we all have our own views, I was simply explaining mine, we agree to disagree.
    Life goes on.

Credits
    Now available for pre-order at Best Buy Canada:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2227618.aspx?

French version also available which is exactly the same as the english other than the j-card, just in case the english pre-orders sell out.

Credits
    Thanks dlobo12 for posting (on this AND Deadpool 2)..... I've been looking EVERY day... They just released the Blu-Ray trailer for this yesterday so I figured any day now...

Ordered both....

Credits
    Thank you again dlobo12 for the notice of the BBYC online pre-order for both the Avengers - Infinity War and Deadpool 2 steelbooks. Happily, these are two less steelbook purchases I have to make from Best Buy USA.