Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Ready Player One Exclusives

Best Buy US & Best Buy CA SteelBooks & Target/Sunrise Lenticular Packaging, Street Date July 24, 2018.

Best Buy CA BD/DVD SteelBook

Best Buy US 4K SteelBook // Best Buy US BD/DVD SteelBook // Best Buy US 3D & 2K with Trading Cards

Target // Sunrise

Last edited by jacques1400; 06-06-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I just came back from seeing this movie and I enjoyed it. In my humble opinion Spielberg still has that magic and Ready Player One was incredible. I really hope this is not a situation were BBY USA announces they will be receiving this as a steelbook early and Best Buy Canada does not get this in then as a steelbook. Or we may also need to pray that Sunrise Records decides to carry this steelbook of Ready Player One.

On a off topic comment has their been any announcement of a Best Buy Steelbook exclusives for a new studio movie; since the BBYC forum was retired?

Credits
    @ Cull Obsidian

I check a couple times a day and if anything it looks like they are removing a lot of stuff.
    They're killing the points program, which was pretty much useless anyway since any certificate you had was only redeemable in store.
    The same program at BB US is pretty awesome, I get a $5 certificate at least monthly, and fully refundable online.

In short, nothing new has been added in the exclusives since the forum was shut, and if you ask me they're probably going to start scaling down even more.

BB US has turned their operations around and returned to profitability, unfortunately similar to other US based corporations they conclude that if their business strategy worked for them it will work everywhere else.
    This will more than likely be their downfall in Canada.

Credits
    @Jacques1400

I also check the steelbook section a couple times a day and it looks like they are removing old stock. I also agree with everything you just
    said it looks like my only problem is how much more can they scaling down; other than to start closing stores. If I recall from the comments on the BBYC steelbook forum every time we started doing a comparison between USA and Canada Best Buy. There were those forum members who were adamant that BBYC was a separate entity and we run our different from the BBYUS and we should not expect to have the same things as BBYUS. I think if we do not get movies like Ready Player One and any new recent movie releases I would think it would be a safe assumption that BBYC is discontinuing the sale of exclusive steelbooks.

At any rate have a Happy Easter!!!

Credits
    I didn't see this in theaters but it looked like a MUST buy.... I don't like the steelbook design I saw online with the keys but the fact BBCAN has the presale up for all other versions tells me we probably won't be getting the steelbook...

Did anyone see this.... This looked best suited to see in 3D so I may opt out of the steelbook and just get the 3D version...

Credits
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81V1vWrMsdL._SX385_.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	22097
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	917i-PiRK2L._SX385_.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	22098

German Steelbook... Looks like they are getting a 3D version

Credits

3D is dead in North America, don't expect anything in 3D apart from standard Amaray releases.
    Europe and Asia are still cranking them out in SteelBooks, Zavvi, Film Arena, HD Zeta, just to name a few. They are more than likely region free if you can still get one.

Credits
    I am more partial to the steelbook with the three keys; seeing how the characters searching for all the keys was the main theme of the movie. But at any rate I will take what I can get in North America; also since it seems like it was stated in another post that Sunrise Records may not getting any exclusives from Fox. Also since Ready Player One was theatrically released by Warner Bros. Pictures maybe Sunrise Records will carry this steelbook. We can only hope.

Credits
    I realize this is not the gospel but was reading and it seems like Ready Player One Blu-ray may have a estimated release date is set for July 24, 2018 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for July 2018
    https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/mov...ady-player-one. I do not have a twitter account but has anybody heard anything from Sunrise Record's twitter grapevine on if they will be carrying this steelbook in their stores. While do have a online pre-order in Best Buy USA; I would prefer to purchase it at a brick and mortar store in Canada.

Credits

In respect to release dates, I usually wait for the retailers to confirm, often the release date ends up being delayed for any number of reason.

Sunrise is pretty anemic when it comes announcing new exclusives, they wait until the last minute in most cases.

I'm told that Facebook is a better source for whatever that's worth.
    The only one that they actually made an extra effort promoting on Twitter was this weeks release of Fifty Shades.

Credits
    Sunrise will announce about 1-2 months before release date Cull Obsidian. I try to get stuff from them so if I or someone else finds out we will let you know. Just remember if it’s Fox then Sunrise won’t get it.

Credits
    Thanks Leprekon and Jacques1400,

Fortunately, Ready Player One was theatrically released by Warner Bros. Pictures so maybe Sunrise Records will carry this steelbook albeit without the 4K. But we can only hope we get the 4K Bluray combo and not the basic Bluray/DVD combo; but at any rate I will keep a look out on their Facebook page for whatever they offer. Thank again for you help.

Credits

Up for pre-order at BB CA, BD/DVD Combo Steelbook.

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...335#post240335

Given their track record of confusing and inaccurate web listings, this seems a rather hefty price for a simple 2D/DVD Combo.

Credits
    Thanks for the update Jacques1400; while I am happy that Best Buy Canada is carrying this steelbook as you stated this is a hefty price for a simple 2D/DVD Combo. Also, maybe this is a over site on their part given as stated above their track record of confusing and inaccurate web listings or maybe I am just missing something but is this not a BBYC exclusive because it is not labeled as one and if not is there a chance that Sunrise Records may carry this steelbook.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Thanks for the update Jacques1400; while I am happy that Best Buy Canada is carrying this steelbook as you stated this is a hefty price for a simple 2D/DVD Combo. Also, maybe this is a over site on their part given as stated above their track record of confusing and inaccurate web listings or maybe I am just missing something but is this not a BBYC exclusive because it is not labeled as one and if not is there a chance that Sunrise Records may carry this steelbook.

I seriously hope this price drops or I will be canceling my order since it’s not a 4K. Cull Obsidian I’m pretty sure this is a bestbuy Exclusive. They didn’t have I believe Red Sparrow as Only at bestbuy but seems like they are just being lazy as well as pissing us off at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast