Thanks Thanks:  5
    Credits

Fox Halloween SteelBook Wave

Best Buy US for Now, Probably a General Release State Side, Street Date October 7, 2018

From Hell

Jennifer's Body

Jeepers Creepers

The Return of the Living Dead

Black Swan

The Other Side of the Door

The Fly

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Continued

Credits
    I love the steelbook artwork!

Credits

Fox Halloween editions are kind of a yearly event dating back years, first they were Lenticular Covers, then Special Edition Slipcovers, and the last few years were simply "Faceplates (FP Cover)" which was basically an art card glued to the front of the case.

These SteelBooks are a selection of the FP covers released last year:

FROM RENOWNED MEXICAN-CUBAN-AMERICAN ARTIST ORLANDO AROCENA COMES 19 UNIQUE BLU-RAY & DVD DESIGNS FOR CLASSIC HALLOWEEN TITLES, CELEBRATING HIS CONTEMPORARY STREET FUSION STYLE

Unfortunately, apart from couple of different titles they include each Halloween in the batch, all the others are the same releases year after year.

Credits

New Additions

Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter

Wrong Turn

Victor Frankenstein

The Hills Have Eyes

Young Frankenstein

The Only Titles Missing From the Original Set Are: Devil's Due, 28 Days Later & Joy Ride

Credits
    I know I stated this before but Orlando Arocena art on these steelbooks is just beautiful! I am hoping that maybe Sunrise Records will carry these but I doubt it; because I would love to get my hands on these steelbooks Victor Frankenstein, Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter and From Hell. I also know this is wishful thinking but it would be cool to have Shout! Factory commission some SteelBook artwork from him.

Credits

Unfortunately we are running out of movie retailers in Canada.
    As I mentioned, the original set of these were released for Halloween last year as a card glued to the regular retail edition, they were designated as Halloween FP's (FacePlate).

Retail wide in the US, and some made it to Canada via WalMart in store only, I even saw some available on Amazon.ca by fluke but now that they went to the Amazon.com website format, it's pretty difficult to locate anything.

WalMart would be your best bet to find the SteelBooks, but it will probably be in-store only, and the last time I visited one they were scaling down the movie section similar to what Best Buy did. Unless I'm mistaking they are no longer updating movies for web purchases either, click new releases on their site and it shows "0".

Unless you can make a border run or group buy, I'm sorry to say that the only resource left is eBay and some resellers who might make some available through Amazon.ca

Sucks to be Canadian these days.......

Credits
    Yes it truly does sucks to be Canadian these days for steelbook collectors; for me the only thing that would seem feasible would be a group buy which I have never tried and to make a border run. Which for all accounts seems simple seeing how I live in a border city; but when you have to account for buying US funds and the exchange rate, border crossing tolls, dealing with border officers who like to power trip and then finally if you buy more than $200 worth of good, you'll have to pay duty. It seems to be very troublesome but I guess it is less troublesome than ebay and I have not had that much trouble with some re-sellers through Amazon.ca when it came to obtain certain blurays like Agents of SHIELD and some books.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 10-29-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: correction