Thanks Thanks:  8
    Credits

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald SteelBook

Best Buy Exclusive, Street Date March 12, 2019

Best Buy CA // Best Buy US

Last edited by jacques1400; 01-30-2019 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Seeing how Best Buy Canada carried the first Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them on 28 March 2017 as a 4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook combo, 4K UHD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD; hopefully they will also carry the steelbook for this movie. I don't want to sound like an alarmist but seeing how they are not carrying the Harry Potter 8-Film Collection 4K UHD SteelBooks set I hope they do not pass on this movie.

Credits

Since they previously had the same package with different artwork years ago, I can understand them not carrying the newer set. I would certainly indulge if they would carry it though.

The only issue stopping me from purchasing the US set is the logistics in shipping it to Canada otherwise it would be done.

Credits
    How true jacques1400 it would of went well with the Fantastic Beasts 4K Steelbooks. At any rate the only issue stopping me also from purchasing the US set is the logistics of not only shipping it to Canada; but I was also planning a trip across the border to the Best Buy in the US. While take my father to the airport in Detroit I was planned on purchasing a few other Disney titles like Wreck-It Ralph, Lion King 4K/ Bluray and and The Nightmare Before Christmas SteelBook the but since you cannot physically purchase anything over $200.00 without paying duty. Since I want the Disney titles more it would have been a done deal.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 11-18-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Edit sentences

Credits
    Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald SteelBook is online for preorders at Best Buy Canada.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2229866.aspx?

Credits

Anyone Interested, Sunrise Exclusive offering, Target Equivalent Available on Tuesday.

Credits
    Seems like Sunrise Records started with steelbooks now it’s digibooks.

Credits

@leprekon

They always had the digibooks, which is what HMV was doing (Target Equivalent).
    They just never really promoted them prior to this year, my local store has all kinds going back to Batman v Superman. Wonder Woman, etc...

I used to buy them, but they tend to fall apart pretty quickly. so I'm selective now.
    I'll probably get this one if they have any when I go out on Tuesday, but I won't spend money to import them from Target.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

@leprekon

They always had the digibooks, which is what HMV was doing (Target Equivalent).
    They just never really promoted them prior to this year, my local store has all kinds going back to Batman v Superman. Wonder Woman, etc...

I used to buy them, but they tend to fall apart pretty quickly. so I'm selective now.
    I'll probably get this one if they have any when I go out on Tuesday, but I won't spend money to import them from Target.

I never knew that @jacques1400

Credits
    Got my Steelbook today (in a box) in perfect condition... What are your thoughts on the fact the ONLY way you can watch the EXTENDED CUT is via the digital download as it doesn't appear on any of the discs including the 4K disc...

I mean if I'm buying the physical copy I would much rather have the EXTENDED versus the THEATRICAL version of the film on the physical discs...

I would like to think most people would agree

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post
    Got my Steelbook today (in a box) in perfect condition... What are your thoughts on the fact the ONLY way you can watch the EXTENDED CUT is via the digital download as it doesn't appear on any of the discs including the 4K disc...

I mean if I'm buying the physical copy I would much rather have the EXTENDED versus the THEATRICAL version of the film on the physical discs...

I would like to think most people would agree
    I can assure you, it was an issue people were openly pissed about since the first announcement. If we're buying the disc, clearly we don't want the Extended version of the movie as a digital download only. Universal did this before with Fast 8 -- not sure it went over well then either. But much like 3D, the physical world is dying a slow death. And this is the wave of the future.

I assume WB will amend this when they bring out the next edition before Fantastic 3. Unless of course, they've gone completely digital by then...

Credits

It's simply a marketing ploy IMO, that way they can release a "New Extended Cut" at some point to double dip.
    The standard set contains all the deleted and extended scenes which make up the extended version in the special features, so not integrating them within the main feature is deliberate.

I tend to disagree about physical media dying, there definitely is an adjustment in respect to volume and delivery due to the various medias available, but there will always be physical media sources.
    The apocalypse on vinyl & tapes was proclaimed when CD's & Digital Downloads became the rage, and now we have more vinyl in a Sunrise store than anything else (apart from Funko's anyway).

Warner Archive is aggressively expanding it's catalogue and re-releasing previously OOP products, It might not be worth the money for Warner as a corporation to invest into future physical media ventures, but there will always be someone ready to take it over. That's my five cents worth anyway......

Credits
    I didn’t know this till I got my movies last night. It pissed me off with fast 8. Now I have to watch the digital copy for the full movie. Is the digital copy 4K and I hate this Googleplay only crap. Lucky it can be watched through YouTube on my tv. My copies were good except one had a dent but my copy I opened was mint. Hate this mate finish but the first one was mate too.