Thanks Thanks:  12
    Credits

DCU: Reign of the Supermen SteelBook

Target for now, Both 4K & 2K, Street Date January 29, 2019

Target

Target

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Wow I am just really noticing this and correct me if I am wrong; but it seems like Best Buy USA and Canada have stopped carrying steelbooks for the DC Universe animated movies. The reason I say this is because their last steelbook title The Death of Superman was offered at Target in the USA and Sunrise Records in Canada. The last time I saw anything for steelbooks for DCEU animated movies at Best Buy Canada was Batman Ninja what happened that they stopped?

Credits

Best Buy US previously carried the "Deluxe" Edition with the figurine, and Target the SteelBook, it was standard and everyone was happy.
    At some point the Deluxe edition went Full Retail, and Best Buy tried the "Exclusive" Graphic Novel approach which IMO was not a good seller.
    Then things got inconsistent between Full Retail and Exclusives, probably from DC trying to get more sales on these properties.
    In Canada same story, jut replace Target with Future Shop until the re-brand.

I'm not so sure that it's Best Buy not choosing to carry the SteelBooks as much as it's DC changing their marketing approach.

Credits

I was not able to confirm this, but Amazon.ca might be carrying the SteelBook Edition.
    The listing is not specific, but the pic is definitely of a SteelBook, your call.

https://www.amazon.ca/Reign-of-the-S.../dp/B07JHJTQCV

Credits
    Looks like a Blu-ray steelbook is available from Sunrise Records:

https://www.sunriserecords.com/produ...-the-supermen/

Credits
    @dlobo12

Makes sense considering that HMV carried the Target exclusives previously, the question remains which one?

All it says is "ALSO AVAILABLE: Sunrise Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook!", but it doesn't state if it's the 2K or 4K edition.
    To be continued LOL

Credits
    Looks like the link I posted for Sunrise Records above got updated with a picture of the Blu-ray steelbook. Seems to be similar to the Target 2K version which is would be consistent for Sunrise based on other DC animated movie steelbooks I've bought from them.

I called my local store to reserve a copy but there seems to be some kind of description mix-up in their system. The gentleman on the phone was helpful and did some digging and thinks he found the proper item number. So we'll see what happens. Maybe calling a bit closer to the release date will see things finalized.

Credits
    So, I got a call this afternoon from my local Sunrise Records telling me that the steelbook for Reign of the Supermen which I had pre-ordered has been discontinued and that they will no longer be getting it .

No sure if this was just at my local store or for Sunrise nationwide.

Credits

Which Store?

Credits
    The store in Pointe-Claire (Fairview Shopping Mall), Quebec.

Also, if anyone has taken a chance and pre-ordered from amazon canada (per the post above), when you receive it...if you could confirm if it's a steelbook or not, it would be much appreciated.

Right now, I have it pre-ordered from the UK however, in the description, it says it's only for region 2. I do remember reading somewhere that WB only produces region free blu-rays and most other European sites list it as being region free, so I took a chance

Credits

The SteelBook edition must be an import which would not comply with the retail requirements for Quebec, so the rest of Canada might be fine.

You can always take a short trip to Ottawa.

Credits
    I work at sunrise versailles, in montreal, and I just called my manager, and he told me that we have indeed received it. I dont know what was wrong with the pointe-claire store, but i can confirm that quebec will be receiving the steelbook

Credits

Doesn't look like Sunrise is taking exclusives seriously, very little effort was put into releasing this one, and it appears that very few stores actually got stock.
    Closest store to the Guelph, ON store that actually received stock was Hamilton (50K away) with one single copy.

Why bother????

Credits
    Luckily, I managed to grab a copy of this steelbook from the Sunrise versailles thanks to CGKid91. There was one copy left after I bought mine so I am not sure how many copies they received.

I called the Pointe-Claire location yet again and they confirmed they did not receive any.

I guess it was an EXTREMELY exclusive Sunrise exclusive