Thanks Thanks:  5
    Credits

Robin Hood SteelBook

Just saw this on Bestbuy.ca Robin Hood Blu-Ray Steelbook February 19, 2019 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...m2229426.aspx?

Credits

Best Buy Exclusive SteelBooks 2K & 4K, Street Date February 19, 2019

Best Buy CA 2K

Best Buy US 4K

Last edited by jacques1400; 01-21-2019 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Interesting, just received the SteelBook today, and as much as I criticize BB CA, I will say that the last 4 shipments I received from them were in perfect condition.

This one is actually from eOne for Canada (Seville Pictures for QC), which is the distribution company that purchased Alliance some years back. For those who don't remember Alliance, they were the ones cranking out exclusives and SteelBooks by the ton in the Future Shop days. Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend.

BTW, they used the 4K SteelBook for this release, the spine says Ultra HD instead of Blu-ray.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Interesting, just received the SteelBook today, and as much as I criticize BB CA, I will say that the last 4 shipments I received from them were in perfect condition.

This one is actually from eOne for Canada (Seville Pictures for QC), which is the distribution company that purchased Alliance some years back. For those who don't remember Alliance, they were the ones cranking out exclusives and SteelBooks by the ton in the Future Shop days. Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend.

BTW, they used the 4K SteelBook for this release, the spine says Ultra HD instead of Blu-ray.

Were the steels in a box or in the mailers? I opened my copy of Halloween this week that I got in the mailer, and was genuinely surprised at how great it looked (especially because of how awful MI: Fallout looked in December).

And was it a surprise 4K in the box too, or were they just lazy and only put in the Blu?

Credits

@pikachuforever

Halloween was only shipped in a mailer as far as I know, and mine was scrap metal.
    Looked like someone had dropped an anvil on it.
    The others after that were received in a box, but that never made a difference previously.

As for the 4K UHD, it's only on the spine, standard 2K/DVD Combo discs as per the "J" card included.
    An awesome looking SteelBook, for such a god awful pathetic and confused movie LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

@pikachuforever

Halloween was only shipped in a mailer as far as I know, and mine was scrap metal.
    Looked like someone had dropped an anvil on it.
    The others after that were received in a box, but that never made a difference previously.

As for the 4K UHD, it's only on the spine, standard 2K/DVD Combo discs as per the "J" card included.
    An awesome looking SteelBook, for such a god awful pathetic and confused movie LOL

Ugh. That's horrible to hear about Halloween. Unacceptable, especially since they yanked it so quick. But glad they're shipping in boxes again. And to think I was enjoying sending emails and making angry phone calls.

And lame on Robin Hood. I heard it was horrendous, so I didn't venture near it. But I was tempted at one point because of the comparatively bargain price point, lol.