Thanks Thanks:  7
    Credits

Cinderella 4K UHD SteelBook

Best Buy Exclusive, Street Date June 25, 2019

Best Buy CA // Best Buy US

Last edited by jacques1400; 06-01-2019 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Well this is impressive I guess this June Best Buy Canada hit pay dirt when it came to Disney steelbooks!

Credits
    What...what is that? This might be one of the worst steel covers I've ever seen. Who approved this? LOL.

Credits
    Seeing how North America never did receive a steelbook of this movie back when it was released on Bluray/DVD in September 15, 2015 I am just glad we are getting one now. Granted they could of went with artwork similar to the Cinderella - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook which is nicer https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/cinder.../11099203.html ; but anything is better than nothing.

Credits

Both comments are true, this is better than nothing even though I do have a copy of the 2015 edition, but on the other hand the artwork is rather Lifetime/Hallmark DVD looking which is pretty boring.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Credits
    Now that you mention it @jacques1400 the artwork does look like a Lifetime/Hallmark DVD cover. But at any rate I do not want to complain too much; we still have to receive the steelbook for the Disney movie Dumbo 2019, and steelbooks for the up coming Disney/Pixar movies Lion King, Toy Story 4, Aladdin 2019 and Frozen 2. When it comes to BBY Canada getting steelbooks for Disney/Pixar titles it is usually hit or miss.

Also maybe I am just not seeing it but I do not see Cinderella, Toy Story 1,2 and 3 4K UHD SteelBooks on the Best Buy USA website; is this something to make up for the fact we may not get the Dumbo 2019 steelbook. At any rate I probably am wrong. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 04-20-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Both comments are true, this is better than nothing even though I do have a copy of the 2015 edition, but on the other hand the artwork is rather Lifetime/Hallmark DVD looking which is pretty boring.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

They can be when they expect us to pay $50 for a subpar remake. I know it seems like there are many people on here who just collect any and all steelbooks just because they're in a steelbook, but sometimes, we really should hold ourselves to higher standards. And shouldn't be forced to pay astronomical amounts for garbage.

Credits

Collecting is not hoarding, the majority of movie collectors do have standards in respect to what they're looking for, unless independently wealthy obviously.
    Some are strictly Disney, others Manga and Anime, Marvel, Mondo art, SteelBook, Slipcovers, Limited Editions, etc...

As far as price goes, well..... Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase anything, it's a choice as opposed to Death and Taxes.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Collecting is not hoarding, the majority of movie collectors do have standards in respect to what they're looking for, unless independently wealthy obviously.
    Some are strictly Disney, others Manga and Anime, Marvel, Mondo art, SteelBook, Slipcovers, Limited Editions, etc...

As far as price goes, well..... Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase anything, it's a choice as opposed to Death and Taxes.

I didn't once mention hoarding. Not once. I just alluded to the fact the some collectors do in fact, just buy some of these steels specifically because they are in steelbook packaging sight and movie unseen.

You said "beggars can't be choosers", and then contradicted yourself and said that people have standards. Which is it? If I have standards and objections about price, then doesn't that make one choosey? Wouldn't the suggestion of beggers not being choosers mean that they don't have standards and don't care about prices?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, undermine your thoughts or completely misdirect away from my objectively valid points. I was just pointing out that some collectors enjoy paying for something that is truly not worth the price, but they put value on it. Which is fine, but we really should hold our collecting in higher esteem. Because like...I can't see this ugly eyesore of a steelbook growing in value anytime soon.

And the bigger point I didn't make but should have is that by buying this trash we're giving the clear message to Best Buy and Disney that we're willing to pay for thoughtless covers that look like this, so they're going to think it's okay to make more just like it, when they really should be putting some sort of thought behind the packaging. That's why I got into collecting steelbooks in the first place, and the exact reason why I've stopped collecting nearly as much.

Credits

@pikachuforever

Your comments have been noted.

Credits
    The Cinderella 4K UHD SteelBook is back up online but is stating it is already sold out at his time. I guess Disney really is re-releasing the live action version to coincide with the Anniversary Signature Collection version of the animated film.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-2015/M2230174