Thanks Thanks:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    I guess Best Buy is still screwing around with the site because The Avengers Endgame steelbook is now back to being listed as a backorder and now no longer a preorder. So I guess the wording does not actually stands for anything different.

Credits
    Hey everybody another heads, the Avengers Endgame steelbook is now listed again as a preorder and no longer a backorder. While I am unsure if this will change anything for those of us who 'back ordered' it here is a chance preorder it to be sure. To bad it won't increase or decrease your chances of getting canceled orders and/or damaged goods.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...combo/M2230438

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Hey everybody another heads, the Avengers Endgame steelbook is now listed again as a preorder and no longer a backorder. While I am unsure if this will change anything for those of us who 'back ordered' it here is a chance preorder it to be sure. To bad it won't increase or decrease your chances of getting canceled orders and/or damaged goods.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...combo/M2230438

thanks as I noticed my order from May 15 had a Estimated Delivery Date: Delivery arrives as early as Invalid Date, but my June 6th had the August 13 date so I got the new one to and is the same. Wonder if backorder orders say the same as mine which I ended up cancelling. SO got 6 copies lol

Credits
    My order also @leprekon for May 16, 2019 also has the Estimated Delivery Date stating the Delivery arrives as early as Invalid Date. But my June 6th and my one for June 29, has Delivery date as August 13. I think I will be cancelling my May 16 online back order steelbook; I think me may want to keep our eyes open for other online back order items before we get more Best Buy screw ups.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    My order also @leprekon for May 16, 2019 also has the Estimated Delivery Date stating the Delivery arrives as early as Invalid Date. But my June 6th and my one for June 29, has Delivery date as August 13. I think I will be cancelling my May 16 online back order steelbook; I think me may want to keep our eyes open for other online back order items before we get more Best Buy screw ups.
    Yea it’s such a pain. I believe Dumbo was the same so maybe that’s why people had orders cancelled.

Credits

Whatever makes you guy's feel better, but the "invalid Date" thing is probably just because these were early listings and the dates changed.
    I ordered duplicates from Best Buy US, so if they don't show up, it's one less return to make.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I ordered duplicates from Best Buy US, so if they don't show up, it's one less return to make.

That @jacques1400 is the smartest thing anyone could do; I seldom read on the Best Buy USA forum (yes they still have one) about major shipping and other issues concerning the condition of their steelbooks when they recieve them in the mail.

EDIT: Also from looking at their forum there does not seem to be that much activity; I guess that is a good thing?

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Movies...sic_and_Movies

Credits
    Wondering if this steelbook is coming out early? BestBuy have already charged me for my original order (the one I placed when it was listed as backorder). This is well in advance of when I usually get charged which is typically 2-3 days prior release.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

Credits

Street date is still on the 13Th. from all sources, they probably need money if they charged you.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dlobo12 View Post
    Wondering if this steelbook is coming out early? BestBuy have already charged me for my original order (the one I placed when it was listed as backorder). This is well in advance of when I usually get charged which is typically 2-3 days prior release.

Anyone else notice the same thing?
    Sorry @dlobo12,

I really have not noticed any charges placed at this time by Best Buy for my online preorder; seeing how I cancelled my order when it was labelled as a backorder and reordered it when it labelled as preorder. I may not see a email notice until next week; but seeing how what a previous statement by @jacques1400 that every single time that an order is cancelled and a new order placed, you are now further down on the line I just hope it does not get cancelled.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 08-01-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Credits
    Yeah @Cull Obsidian

The charges stemmed from my preorder backorder. I had re-ordered again when the went to 'official' preorder status and that one had not been charged. Based on the fact that they've charged me for the backorder, I cancelled the second 'preorder'. Hope I don't get screwed either.

LOL...so confusing to write out with this whole backorder/preorder status situation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dlobo12 View Post
    Yeah @Cull Obsidian

The charges stemmed from my preorder backorder. I had re-ordered again when the went to 'official' preorder status and that one had not been charged. Based on the fact that they've charged me for the backorder, I cancelled the second 'preorder'. Hope I don't get screwed either.

LOL...so confusing to write out with this whole backorder/preorder status situation.
    Sorry @dlobo12 I missed informed you but I went back through my order history and I found that the back order/preorder I placed and thought had cancelled on May 16, 2019 has been charged. Which is good because I guess if they are charging me for it then I gather the order will go through. That being said as you stated before this whole backorder/preorder status situation, in addition to the whole fiasco with the Disney dents, damaged and cancelled steelbooks was so confusing that I made more than two preorders so I decided to cancel the most frequent one leaving me with two just in case this one is damaged.

LOL I guess that is what happens when I do not keep track of what I am doing.

Credits
    I recivev a PayPal charge notification today as well.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    I recivev a PayPal charge notification today as well.
    Thanks @Wavey Dave

My Mastercard has also showed a August 1,2019 charge notification meaning I guess we certainly will be getting confirmation of at least one steelbook; I just hope it comes in good condition. I am also wondering about my other online preorder when they changed it to preorder; will they go through or be cancelled.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123