Thanks Thanks:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Hopefully they don’t cancel my backorder order

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dlobo12 View Post
    So, there was no actual pre-order? It just went live as a backorder immediately?

This is a new one for me, never seen this at Best Buy Canada before.
    That is a new one for everybody I always thought that backorder was for an item that was once in stock, but currently out of stock and will be available in future. To my knowledge wouldn't this steelbook be classified as a pre-order seeing how this has never been released and will be released in the future or after some time seeing how the movie was just released at the theatre.
    I think if and when they make this an official preorder for this steelbook I am going to place another order because like @Vecna stated I also have a feeling my order is going to get canceled.

Credits
    So, there was no actual pre-order? It just went live as a backorder immediately?

I assume this is just typical Best Buy being Best Buy and having the worst IT team in the galaxy (next to Cineplex, which is even more of a complete joke). Have they ever cancelled orders outright before? I'm assuming they'll switch it to a
    "Pre-Order" in the coming days if it's been screwed from the start.

Also, looks like the art is pretty much confirmed with the wrong looks for characters like Hulk and Captain Marvel. Here's what it looks like from Best Buy US.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avengerssteel2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	22128

Credits
    They are not "wrong" looks, they are the "killing Thanos" looks from the first act.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    They are not "wrong" looks, they are the "killing Thanos" looks from the first act.
    It is the Avengers first act look; the scene were they go to the uninhabited planet to retake the Infinity Stones but instead decapitates Thanos. I am assuming that is what they are going for now rather than giving anything away from the movie.

Credits

Went live with the Cart error. Then Sold out. After about 30 mins or so it went live and everyone got backordered preorders. Went live to work around 822pm and my order was 825 (est)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    Forgive me, I should have clarified that the looks they have are for 30 minutes at the top of the movie and not for the remaining 2 hours and 26 minutes. If we're going to split hairs on this, then that means that Tony does have the wrong look then -- as he should be hooked up to multiple machines and look like he's about to die, as opposed to flying high in the sky and looking battle ready. And Hawkeye shouldn't have his Ronin hair either, lol.

Either way, with $2.5 billion in the bank and counting, everyone who wanted to see it has watched it or has had the movie spoiled via social media because they waited too long. And by the time this comes out in August, the cover shouldn't be spoiling the movie for anyone. So updating the looks to reflect how they look for the remainder of the movie as opposed to being picky about which character's look is taken early on and which character's look is taken from later on. I'm all for making sense and having some semblance of continuity.

Credits
    Yeah that idea of updating the looks to reflect how they look for the remainder of the movie works for a new steelbook cover. In addition for the new cover remove Okoye, have a fat Thor, replace Hulkbuster with Mr. Hulk and have them all wearing those white time travel suit. ,
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 05-16-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Credits

Best Buy Exclusive, Street Date August 13, 2019

Best Buy CA // Best Buy US

Last edited by jacques1400; 06-29-2019 at 01:04 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Like that @jacques1400; my bad I was not aware of how to do that and thank you for telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Yeah that idea of updating the looks to reflect how they look for the remainder of the movie works for a new steelbook cover. In addition for the new cover remove Okoye, have a fat Thor, replace Hulkbuster with Mr. Hulk and have them all wearing those white time travel suit. ,

Credits
    Just an FYI, the Avengers Endgame steelbook is now listed as a preorder. No longer a backorder.

Unsure if this will change anything for those of us who 'back ordered' it. But, I myself, redid a preorder to be sure.

Credits
    Thanks for the update @dlobo12 I also redid a preorder to be sure;I am really not to comfortable about that 'back order' one.

Credits

They're still screwing around with the site, I don't think the wording actually stands for anything different.
    It won't increase or decrease your chances of getting damaged goods anyway.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

They're still screwing around with the site, I don't think the wording actually stands for anything different.
    It won't increase or decrease your chances of getting damaged goods anyway.

Sadly, @jacques1400 it will not increase or decrease our chances of getting damaged goods anyway; I would suggest doing like I used to and online preordering 2 copies but there is also no guarantee there. Also while, I have no interest a screwing over fellow steelbook collectors by getting more than two steelbooks and returning the least damaged one afterwards; which may not be cool but sometime it beats keeping a damaged copy. The other thing to worry about is The Retail Equation (TRE) which is a third-party service Best Buy and many other retailers partner with to monitor the return habits of customers. There are instances where a customer may be issued a warning (like myself from an BBY Canada employee) or banned from making future returns and any warnings issued by TRE can be disputed by contacting them at but I hear that is also a pain in the butt.

Credits

I'm not concerned with that retail equation crap, and to me it's pretty sad when you need to order 2, 3 or more items from a retailer in order to get an undamaged one. Like I said, I only need to order a single SteelBook from BB US and it gets to me in perfect shape, I really don't need the headaches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast