Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Hour Photo

Credits

One Hour Photo

don't know if this already exists... but i just saw this today. all i would have to say that it's very strange but very interesting. it wuzn't as thrilling as i thought it would be. what did yall think of it?

i would recommend this movie. but it's not a movie i would buy. i give it a 5/10- half good and bad
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits

Question

give us some more insight, why it is half bad. Haven't seen a bad review for this one so far

Credits

Thumbs up one hour photo...

This movie was a bit disturbing and creepy at points and others you just feel kinda bad for the guy... but overall I think that its a very good movie. One that I would recommend seeing, its well worth it IMO.
    "Ohana means Family. Family means no one gets left behind. Or Forgotten." ~ Lilo and Stitch

Credits

Re: one hour photo...

Originally posted by WonderG5
    This movie was a bit disturbing and creepy at points and others you just feel kinda bad for the guy...
    Sounds kinda like Editman himself

Can't wait for this one in cinemas down under. You know RW plays a handful of nutcases this year ("Death to Smoochy", "Insomnia", "One Hour Photo") and the only one came out here is "Insomnia", which I still have to check out.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by Mischa
    give us some more insight, why it is half bad. Haven't seen a bad review for this one so far
    well then- if i give ya some insight then i'll spoil it for ya.

..but if ya still wanna know then okay..

it's half bad cuz all there really wuz that robin williams "the obsessive guy" who has his own imaginations and thinks he's part of this particular family. up until i saw the movie- i thought there wuz gonna be some exciting thriller going on. but it wuz really nothing. i thought there wuz gonna be some serious stalking, kidnapping, or hostages being held. something like that. but instead... (SPOILERS -->) he threatened a member of the family who wuzn't faithful cuz that really made him upset. and made him do something just stupid and that just doesn't make any sense that's what made it half bad.

the half good part wuz he played the role surprisely well. if he didn't have a history of comedian flicks- he would really freak me out whenever i see him. he wuz a good actor and he knew what he wuz doing. the storyline could've been better- that's all. a little disappointment for me but still good enough to see just once. maybe again in like 10 years.

Credits

Re: Re: one hour photo...

Originally posted by editman
    Can't wait for this one in cinemas down under.
    Yea well we will se how it does here in America first buddy. :butt:

Yea next time i go out of town iam buying "Death to Smoochy" (For anyone who has not seen this movie... See it FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)

Credits
    Hey there radstar, I think you missed the point of the movie.

Everything that Robin William's character did, he did it for a reason. The movie runs along the same lines are Fight Club did, but took a sorta of different approach.

Everyday we live our lives not caring who we are or what we got, or if the people we love even matter. It's the old saying "You don't know what you got till it's gone." One Hour Photo took that concept to the extreme.

William's character was obsessed with that family, because he knew he would never have or live the life they did. He accepted it. But when he finds out the husband is cheating, he needs him to realize what he has, and that he's throwing it all away.

It's the exact same way with Fight Club. In that movie, Brad Pitt's character held a gun to a kids head, and told him "You're going to die." Did he kill the kid? Hell no. The gun wasn't even loaded. He did that, because the kid needed to realize he had a whole life ahead of him. What the hell was he doing wasting it away working at a convinence store.

One Hour Photo is exaclty that idea, but spread out and expanded upon. There's absolutely nothing stupid about what William's character did. It was all for a reason. He made the husband realize his life, and what he was throwing away.

There's a big long spoiler for ya

Guiboche

Credits
    I skipped this one because my local paper gave it a C-. I went by them since I usually agree with their grades.
    When you got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Credits
    I never agree with what papers/critics give films.

Guiboche

Credits
    i do see ur point guiboche. it does make sense to me now. but i wuz just expecting a more thrilling ride in this movie. that's all. it wuz still a good movie. thanx for clearing it out for me.

Credits
    Us moviegoers were finally treated with a quality movie with One Hour Photo. Robin Williams definatly reinvented his career with his latest roles. Kinda sad how he wanted to be part of the Yorkin family so bad.

Its rare when I'd like to see a movie in the theater twice, but this is worth it.
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?

Credits
    Saw it finally today, and it's damn worth waiting.

Sometimes I see a movie with ideas or techniques so good yet so practicable I would say to myself "Gee I wish I worked on that movie. If I did I'd be very proud of working on it." This is one of those movies. (Last time I did that was "Memento".)

Great performance from Robin Williams. Love the twists at the end. So brilliant and makes you really feel sorry for William's character.

I'm already ordering the DVD of this one. This is definitely one of editman's favourite lonely-looney movies, along with "Taxi Driver", "Falling Down" and "Memento". (Kind of tells ya what kind of person I am, doesn't it?...)

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    I'm already ordering the DVD of this one. This is definitely one of editman's favourite lonely-looney movies, along with "Taxi Driver", "Falling Down" and "Memento". (Kind of tells ya what kind of person I am, doesn't it?...)
    A ... looney-looney? :big grin:

Credits
    death to smoochy isnt coming to theatres in australia, but you can rent it from any decent video store, i saw it for sale at my local video ezy too..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    One Hour Photo is a Psycho movie, it is disturbing and creapy. We actually watch this movie through eyes of the crazy man (Robin Williams).

Just to talk about it, there was simply no excuse for him to have acted that way, unless was is crazy, which IMO he is.

It is a good movie, but not a movie that you would like to watch again. The only reason this movie is good is that Robin Williams is in it and any other actor would have made this movie very bad...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast