Thanks Thanks:  6
    Credits

Joker Exclusives

4K UHD SteelBook, Best Buy US for Now, January 7, 2020

Best Buy US

Last edited by jacques1400; 12-07-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Any updates on if this is coming anywhere in Canada?

Credits

Given that the Street Date is January 7Th, Best Buy Canada is basically written off unless they pull a last minute surprise, but that would be seriously strange coming from them.

Target is offering an exclusive slipcover, so my guess it will also be the Sunrise offering, but Sunrise is also the only wild card, they don't really promote anything other than vinyl, so right now it looks like a US only purchase unfortunately.

If anyone from Sunrise can look into it, that would be great.

The only other retailer would be Walmart, but they're not into SteelBooks enough to even contemplate them for a movie like "Joker".

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I looked at the inventory last week at sunrise, and there was no mention of an exclusive whatsoever. So my best bet would be in fact to go at target. I'll keep my eyes open for a change at our inventory, but it doesn't seem likely, even my manager doesn't think it'll be likely.

I manage to snag the steelbbok at Zavvi, but its been sold-out for ages. You should still keep an eye out for them, they usually add some stock once its release.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Given that the Street Date is January 7Th, Best Buy Canada is basically written off unless they pull a last minute surprise, but that would be seriously strange coming from them.

Target is offering an exclusive slipcover, so my guess it will also be the Sunrise offering, but Sunrise is also the only wild card, they don't really promote anything other than vinyl, so right now it looks like a US only purchase unfortunately.

If anyone from Sunrise can look into it, that would be great.

The only other retailer would be Walmart, but they're not into SteelBooks enough to even contemplate them for a movie like "Joker".

@jacques1400

I was actually surprised that Best Buy Canada was not getting the steelbook for Joker seeing how it was a DC movie and did well at the box office. At any rate given the street date of allot of these steelbook that have been shown in the BBYUSA if they have not been placed on the Canadian Best Buy site a month ahead I do not expect to see them at all. I guess I we had better get used to seeing this in the new 2020 year.

Quote Originally Posted by CGKid91 View Post
    I looked at the inventory last week at sunrise, and there was no mention of an exclusive whatsoever. So my best bet would be in fact to go at target. I'll keep my eyes open for a change at our inventory, but it doesn't seem likely, even my manager doesn't think it'll be likely.

I manage to snag the steelbbok at Zavvi, but its been sold-out for ages. You should still keep an eye out for them, they usually add some stock once its release.
    @CGKid91

I guess another option if it at all feasible is to place an online international order at Best Buy USA; but that would require you to either physically visit the USA were, you can place an order for in store pickup. Or, if you have a friend in the USA, ship it to their address and have them ship it back to you.

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBu...rs/ta-p/964299

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-to...&intl=nosplash