Thanks Thanks:  7
    Credits

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Exclusives

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 2019 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray) is available only at Best Buy US for now and has no street date yet.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/malefic...?skuId=6381387

Credits

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Like I have always said there is no consistency when it comes to steelbooks at Best Buy Canada for example why give us the Maleficent steelbook but not Maleficent Mistress of Evil steelbook and give every DCEU movie steelbook but not Joker; I believe I will passing on this steelbook because I saw the movie which was okay but not worth owning for me.
    If I find Maleficent in bestbuy if I go to the uS in May I’ll pick it up but BBYC is saving my wallet this year so far. Only getting SW and Jumanji so far. I will be seeing BB3 hopefully this weekend.
    Last edited by leprekon; 01-24-2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Mistake

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    If I find Maleficent in bestbuy if I go to the uS in May I’ll pick it up but BBYC is saving my wallet this year so far. Only getting SW and H&S so far. I will be seeing BB3 hopefully this weekend.
    I am hoping that by May that many of the stores in Best Buy USA actually have in store stock of the Maleficent Mistress of Evil and other Disney and non Disney steelbooks. Because I went to the 4 Best Buy store in Michigan I regularly frequent which is close to were I live which is Allen Park, Dearborn, Madison Heights and Rochester Hills looking for the Maleficent Mistress of Evil steelbook. They were all sold out which is odd for a Disney movie; because normally I could wait for a month and they would still have a least have 1-3 copies. I have talked to the store clerks and called the Contact Best Buy online help service and they have stated that they will get new in store stock but do not know when and to keep a look out. I can only surmise that allot of Canadians are driving over and purchasing in the BBYUS stores; I hope they actually get more stock in for that and any other Disney and non Disney movie by May which is not impossible because I have gone there and movie that were sold out before had stock 3 months later.

Credits

I'm sure I mentioned this at some point, but from my observations on the BB US operations:

It appears that they have an allocation for online pre-orders, and store stock.
    If the online pre-orders sell out, then the only option is "In Store Pickup Only".
    Around release date some online stock might re-appear due to cancellations or failed payment method, then back to "Store Pickup Only" status.
    I'm not sure if they still do this, but they also used to ship directly from the stores to customers to fulfill online orders. I received a few of those last year, you couldn't miss them, they had a sticker that stated "Hold for shipping to Customer", but have not seen any for a while.
    Once store stock is gone, it goes "Sold Out", but apart from a few exceptions, it's only awaiting replenishment in a smaller quantity which is mostly for online purchases.
    Once the item is listed as "Sold Out" a second time, odds are they are gone for good.

Why am I writing this? Maleficent already Sold Out once and got restocked online. There is still online stock but stores are drying up pretty fast, no store has any stock within 250 miles of my selected store. My guess is that it will get Sold Out for good pretty soon, and the odds of finding any in stores will be very slim in a short while.

Speculation on my part obviously, but based on previous patterns.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Why am I writing this? Maleficent already Sold Out once and got restocked online. There is still online stock but stores are drying up pretty fast, no store has any stock within 250 miles of my selected store. My guess is that it will get Sold Out for good pretty soon, and the odds of finding any in stores will be very slim in a short while.

Speculation on my part obviously, but based on previous patterns.

Thanks @jacques1400 for the explanation I also get unavailable within 250 miles of the store I usually go to and sadly this has never happened in the past I guess that is what happens when I take thing for granted. I am curious as to why these movies are selling out so quickly when we never had this problem before; I did read a reply from a US member on HDN that suggested allot of people were getting damaged copies and having to return them. At any rate I believe I will be missing out on this title because I no longer have anyone I can send mail to in the USA and there is no in store inventory.

EDIT: Well at this time Maleficent Mistress of Evil steelbook has Sold Out a second time at Best Buy USA and seeing how this is the second time it has been restocked online and Sold Out I guess I am SOL.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 01-24-2020 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Updated Stock status.