Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Sunrise Records

Credits

Sunrise Records

This might not be news to many, but if you're like me and found their website useless for the most part, and never really went to it, then rejoice!!!

It appears that on top of having a brand new site which is actually pretty good, they now offer real online ordering, as opposed to the old HMV way, with free shipping on orders of $50 or more to boot.

They have a section for exclusives, and not much stock on anything regarding movies, but I did find some vintage stuff still available.

https://www.sunriserecords.com/categ.../movies-and-tv

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    @jacques1400 I got this information from a user named @JackieBoy from the site HighDefNinja concerning Sunrise Records to Acquire U.S. Entertainment Chain FYE. From what I read it sounds like Sunrise Records will be expanding to the USA I am not really sure what to make of this but it sounds like maybe it will be a good thing. But will it really effect us Canadians; hopefully we may not have to depend on Best Buy Canada because FYE seems to carry Disney steelbooks from Mondo; but I am wondering would Best Buy Canada give up on on Disney exclusive even though we are not getting the same inventory as Best Buy USA to begin with. I am really curious what others think about this and will it really have any effect on the Canadian market concerning steelbooks.

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/sun...F6Vl3wQueoDWyU

Credits

I don't think it will make any difference, distributors in Canada decide what gets offered in the market due to the distribution rights granted by the various studios.

Sunrise is on a buying spree, first HMV Canada, then HMV UK and now possibly FYE.

All this tells me is that they are buying bankrupt or close to bankruptcy retailers at rock bottom price in order to rebuild them and hopefully expand worldwide. And yes, FYE has been in serious trouble for a couple of years now, closing stores and what not.
    So far, they have presence in Canada, UK, and the US if the FYE deal goes through.

Will this generate more "Exclusives?", doubt it, we don't have the market. Sunrise is more into audio than video anyway.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.