Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: Sunrise Records

Credits

Sunrise Records

This might not be news to many, but if you're like me and found their website useless for the most part, and never really went to it, then rejoice!!!

It appears that on top of having a brand new site which is actually pretty good, they now offer real online ordering, as opposed to the old HMV way, with free shipping on orders of $50 or more to boot.

They have a section for exclusives, and not much stock on anything regarding movies, but I did find some vintage stuff still available.

https://www.sunriserecords.com/categ.../movies-and-tv

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    @jacques1400 I got this information from a user named @JackieBoy from the site HighDefNinja concerning Sunrise Records to Acquire U.S. Entertainment Chain FYE. From what I read it sounds like Sunrise Records will be expanding to the USA I am not really sure what to make of this but it sounds like maybe it will be a good thing. But will it really effect us Canadians; hopefully we may not have to depend on Best Buy Canada because FYE seems to carry Disney steelbooks from Mondo; but I am wondering would Best Buy Canada give up on on Disney exclusive even though we are not getting the same inventory as Best Buy USA to begin with. I am really curious what others think about this and will it really have any effect on the Canadian market concerning steelbooks.

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/sun...F6Vl3wQueoDWyU

Credits

I don't think it will make any difference, distributors in Canada decide what gets offered in the market due to the distribution rights granted by the various studios.

Sunrise is on a buying spree, first HMV Canada, then HMV UK and now possibly FYE.

All this tells me is that they are buying bankrupt or close to bankruptcy retailers at rock bottom price in order to rebuild them and hopefully expand worldwide. And yes, FYE has been in serious trouble for a couple of years now, closing stores and what not.
    So far, they have presence in Canada, UK, and the US if the FYE deal goes through.

Will this generate more "Exclusives?", doubt it, we don't have the market. Sunrise is more into audio than video anyway.

Credits

Sunrise Records

Hi There!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience ordering online from Sunrise Records. I had pre-ordered a steelbook from them and gotten an order confirmation. However, no update since then. I know the item is released as it is listed as available on the website.

Do they typically send a shipping notice with a tracking number? I would hope so considering the amount they charge for shipping. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any number to call as they seem to handle everything by email. I understand things may be a bit delayed due to the pandemic but I was just curious as to their shipping practices.

If anyone has any experience, please let me know.

Thanks!

Credits

Useless as tits on a bull, sorry.

Their online store is a crock, they duplicated the old HMV online shopping experience.
    HMV used to ship from stock at their Yonge street store, Sunrise ships from their West Edmonton Mall store, that's why shipping is seriously high for anyone in the east, they only use couriers via ground and charge you the full price. Prior to Covid, it normally took a week or more to get to an eastern address.

Prior to Covid $50+ gave you free shipping, high but still acceptable if you can wait a week or two.
    They just re-opened their online store and now it's $100+ for free shipping, even with their over inflated prices that's ridiculous.

Online returns are not accepted at stores, so you need to contact their CS and make arrangements. Return shipping costs are at your expense unless you receive damaged goods, then it's at their discretion. All you get is a refund or store credit, no exchange, if anything.

First order I placed (prior to Covid) had damaged SteelBooks, had to re-order from the US because after a week and a half shipping time there was no more stock. Second order I placed got stuck in the Covid shutdown while in transit (end of March), UPS never attempted delivery and returned it to sender.
    It's now end of May, and after several emails to CS, not a peep received back.

My suggestion for anyone wasting their money ordering anything from them online is use PayPal, that way you can always file a claim to get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by dlobo12 View Post
    Hi There!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience ordering online from Sunrise Records. I had pre-ordered a steelbook from them and gotten an order confirmation. However, no update since then. I know the item is released as it is listed as available on the website.

Do they typically send a shipping notice with a tracking number? I would hope so considering the amount they charge for shipping. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any number to call as they seem to handle everything by email. I understand things may be a bit delayed due to the pandemic but I was just curious as to their shipping practices.

If anyone has any experience, please let me know.

Thanks!

Credits
    Thanks for the feedback Jacques!

It's pretty much as I suspected. Their online store and CS seem very unprofessional. I'll likely cancel and re-order from somewhere else. Thankfully my credit card offers protection as well for non-delivered goods.

Credits

Hmv

On a side note Putman, the guy who owns Sunrise, FYE, and a multitude of other failed brands has decided to resuscitate HMV since he owns the rights from the liquidation purchase.
    They will be a part of the Toys“R”Us stores. There's already a few opened already, but expansion plans are in the works.

Not sure what they'll carry, but if anyone has been to one, please give us the details.

Not that I expect them to be a real contender, the whole Sunrise/FYE experience is downright sad, and I have nothing good to say about them unfortunately. Their shipping has improved, their website still sucks, and their stores have the worst customer service to boot.

I don't expect the re-imagined HMV to be any different.