Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Exclusives.

The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray) Steelbook is now available at Best Buy Canada for online preorder.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...combo/M2231708

Credits
    Ordered 2 of each but not sure if I’m still safe lol from damages. I can’t really do 4 as the interest on all these steelbooks in the past added up lol and used $100 gift card for the total order of the 4 so I can return the 2 instead of 4.

Credits

You stand a better chance if you made 4 separate orders, otherwise they all bang against each other in transit due to poor fill material. Either way it's a toss, apart from the Disney "Dent" which is pretty standard, the warehouse handling has got worst.

PS: No interest if you pay the balance due every month.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

You stand a better chance if you made 4 separate orders, otherwise they all bang against each other in transit due to poor fill material. Either way it's a toss, apart from the Disney "Dent" which is pretty standard, the warehouse handling has got worst.

PS: No interest if you pay the balance due every month.

So better to make 4 orders with 1 each? Yea I know the interest thing just I know before it was hard to keep track when I had some on different month bills and some orders I forgot about till they showed up at my door. Spent too much on steelbooks last year. Gotta cut it down. These 2 plus probably Fast 9, Maleficent (if that actually shows up) and Black Widow.

Credits

Yes, if you order 4 SteelBooks then place 4 individual orders, shipping is free anyway.

Ordering more than 1 SteelBook per order increases your chances for damage because they use an oversized box and couple of bubble packs that don't do $hit, so you end up with SteelBooks floating around and hitting each other in transit.

If they were smart, they would individually wrap them in bubble wrap first, or even use a mailer and then ship them in the boxes.

That's how I know they ship damaged goods, I always place individual orders and they're still getting here dented.
    Unfortunately Best Buy doesn't care, so they get them back since I have a backup from the US ordered.

The last order I placed was for the Spider-man collection, and I should have taken a picture, but the thing looked like someone used it for Target practice, got it from Amazon instead and it was perfect sent in a simple bubble mailer.

Credits
    The link is dead?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    Spent too much on steelbooks last year. Gotta cut it down. These 2 plus probably Fast 9, Maleficent (if that actually shows up) and Black Widow.
    Yeah @leprekon for the most part up; even though we missed a few good titles for example Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Godzilla King of the Monsters and It Chapter 2 to name a few it was a good year for steelbooks. I'm still hoping that BBYC will get their together concerning Maleficent: Mistress of Evil steelbook seeing they offered the first movie on steelbook 4K and it's a Disney release.

But as you stated I believe we all spent too much this year (not that I am complaining) with all those Disney, Marvel and Pixar 4K rereleases. I believe that they are planning on releasing the rest of the Pixar films as 4K steelbooks like UP, Bugs Life, Wall-E, Monsters Inc and Monsters University. The remainder of the Marvel movie 4K rereleases like Antman and Wasp, Thor Ragnorak, Black Panther and Captain Marvel; but there has been no official word. At any rate with any Disney (Black Widow) and non Disney titles (Fast 9) that we may see our bank accounts will be hurting again.

Credits

Hopefully it's simply a server update, otherwise they took it down because they sold out the pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Crom71 View Post
    The link is dead?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Yes, if you order 4 SteelBooks then place 4 individual orders, shipping is free anyway.

Ordering more than 1 SteelBook per order increases your chances for damage because they use an oversized box and couple of bubble packs that don't do $hit, so you end up with SteelBooks floating around and hitting each other in transit.

If they were smart, they would individually wrap them in bubble wrap first, or even use a mailer and then ship them in the boxes.

That's how I know they ship damaged goods, I always place individual orders and they're still getting here dented.
    Unfortunately Best Buy doesn't care, so they get them back since I have a backup from the US ordered.

The last order I placed was for the Spider-man collection, and I should have taken a picture, but the thing looked like someone used it for Target practice, got it from Amazon instead and it was perfect sent in a simple bubble mailer.

Lol I been put on a budget (spending habit) and I have to use a debit m/c so I have so many transactions a month lol

Credits

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Exclusives

Best Buy Exclusive, Street Date March 31, 2020

Best Buy CA // Best Buy US

Last edited by jacques1400; 02-16-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Update

Credits
    If I recall Best Buy Canada had the steelbook posted way back in Dec 18,2019 around 2:34am because I managed to get an order in before it was pulled at 1:58pm. I recall on another site one member claiming they ordered 10 copies; but whatever the reason it might have been a case of they made it available pre-maturely and Disney probably didn't like that they did that.

https://www.movie-list.com/forum/sho...ker-Exclusives
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 02-06-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Credits
    Finally, the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker steelbook is finally back for online preorders at Best Buy Canada. Anybody who missed out when it was up the first time here is your chance to get it.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...combo/M2231708

Credits
    Thanks for the heads up, ordered.

BB are on a roll with me since they kicked into gear post CES - Knives Out, Incredible Hulk, Apollo 13, Ford v Ferrari and this ordered in the last few weeks

Credits
    Well that did not take long for stock to be depleting once again. After, two days it looks like Best Buy has removed the listing for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker steelbook because has been taken down again. I hope people were able to order at least one copy.

EDIT: It is back online they must have gotten more stock.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 02-19-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Well that did not take long for stock to be depleting once again. After, two days it looks like Best Buy has removed the listing for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker steelbook because has been taken down again. I hope people were able to order at least one copy.

EDIT: It is back online they must have gotten more stock.
    It was officially announced today, so that's likely why it showed up again this morning.

More excited that Best Buy Canada is actually going to sell the big box set (even if it's sold out right now):

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...combo/M2231769

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast